Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. duff_beer

    or should i make up some new ones and try to remember them?

    • 4 replies
    • 707 views
  2. duff_beer
    Started by duff_beer,

    Would you say they are very relaxed or are they very demanding? as i hear there are four of them, are they all different scenarios also?

    • 2 replies
    • 754 views
  3. divd23
    Started by divd23,

    hey all, passed my medical the other day, i start at jackton on 18th may and upto tulliallan after 3 weeks at jackton, was just wondering if anyone else was going to be in my group and what the first 3 weeks at jackton are about david

    • 5 replies
    • 758 views
  4. Amigo1546620440
    Started by Amigo1546620440,

    I spent ages on my application form, and I finally sent it off today! Met someone else in the post office also posting theirs off too I was glad to find out that I wasnt the only person confused about where to send it and the vetting form (you send them together to the address on one of the many letters) Are there many other people who have applied to TVP on here? How did you find the form? and I know they said, but I have forgotten... When roughly do we hear back? Ami

  5. Dazz1546620231
    Started by Dazz1546620231,

    Hey Is anyone here starting on the May intake for WEST Mercia??? I have been given my date as the 29 June but that is because i am a CSO with WEST Mercia and have done the innitial 6weeks. Let me know, keen to know people when i start..... Daz

    • 0 replies
    • 207 views
    Dazz1546620231
  6. charlie78
    Started by charlie78 * ,

    Hi all, Can anyone tell me how often the met actually recruit? I know they have no recruitment events planned at the mo, but it would be nice to have a rough idea when the next one might be. Thanks

  7. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    Hey guys, I know that they contact you asking if it's ok to contact your current employer, but I was wondering if they do this with your references too? Only if they do, I was going to tell them that I wish to change one of my references... Will this be ok

    Giovanni1546620364
  8. JENJEN1546620464
    Started by JENJEN1546620464 * ,

    Ello! I have no idea if i this is in the right place but here goes... I previously had scoliosis corrective surgery (two metal rods either side of my spine) this doesnt effect my falexability, will this effect my chances of becoming a police officer? Please help! xxx

    • 3 replies
    • 332 views
  9. terrie
    Started by terrie,

    Hi Im new to this site and just wondering if anyone else is heading to slaugham manor on 2nd april ?? Im so nervous with regards to the whole day - iv read and read the paperwork for the day and im still nervous funny thing is im not even a nervous person!! The role plays scare the life out of me, im great at talking to people but when i know im being tested its jut not the same,. Terrie

    • 0 replies
    • 105 views
  10. highlander085
    Started by highlander085,

    Hi Guys, Im thinking of applying but i have been cautioned 3 times for assault. I was found not guilty each time. The first incident was a bar brawl which started with my friends and ended up with me being dragged in. Second time i was jumped by 5 guys whilst walking home with my gf. Made too good a job of defending myself. The third incident was on the rugby pitch where i basically defended myself but broke an opponents jaw. In each incident I was found not guilty in court. Needless to say im not proud of these actions and have taken the steps to ensure nothing like this happens again (last incident was 2 yrs ago.) Is there any point in me even applying?

  11. jane_2157
    Started by jane_2157,

    Hello there. I currently have my Police number for sometime now and I am currently waiting a start date. Received a letter for an opening day to show us around and see my potential work mates. Has anyone else got this and is going? I believe it is 10am-3pm (off the top of my head). If you are you dressing smart but casual?

  12. autopilot

    Does anyone here have any idea when the west Merica AC day's might be, given that i recieved my letter confirming my sift pass last week? I realise noone will kow an exact day, but does anyone have any idea which month it might be. Rough idea? Anyone else here just found out about their West Meria sift too?

    • 6 replies
    • 159 views
  13. ESX_Hopeful
    Started by ESX_Hopeful,

    Finally after the longest wait in the world, i have just received a letter informing me to wait to be contacted to be invited to the police assessment centre, Does anyone have any advice on how i can prepare for this, Obviously i dont know how long i have to prepare, but going on previous posts i have been reading i could have a while. Any help or advice would be great !!!!

    • 0 replies
    • 438 views
  14. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    I hear that sometimes, those who don't pass the recruitment for officers sometimes get asked if they'd like to be a PCSO instead? At what point would they ask you this? For example, what if someone was to fail on their BMI for being over the limit for an officer but under for a PCSO? Would they offer you the choice at this point? Or is it just at the final interview? :whistle2:

    • 4 replies
    • 348 views
  15. atkins3
    Started by atkins3 * ,

    Hey Guys, Has anyone heard about why April intake might not be going ahead i was called today to say i will be on the next one but it may not be April 20th!!! They said they will call me on monday to let me know as at the moment they are very unsure as to whether it will go ahead!!!???? Helen Merseyside

    • 6 replies
    • 453 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.