Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jamesie
    Started by Jamesie,

    Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but does anyone know the police's policy for men with long hair? Will it need to be cut shorter or can it just be tied back? Surely equality issues mean people can't be discriminated against because of this

    • 131 replies
    • 9k views
  2. Sickgirrlxx
    Started by Sickgirrlxx,

    Hi there. Had no idea where to start on this forum, I'm still adjusting! I've got a couple of questions that I hope some of you could help me with. I'm extremely interested in joining the police, and i've been doing lots and lots of research, nothing's put me off yet! I'm situated in Glasgow, and it says on the Strathclyde website that people without a driving licence won't be accepted (I.E. Me!). However, i've been told by several people that this just isn't the case. Anybody know where i stand? I also have a tattoo on my hand, ranging from my thumb to the back of my forearm. Any advice or help on this? Thanks for your help!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
    NeeNaw1545925537
  3. lUcKy StRiKe
    Started by lUcKy StRiKe,

    Hi everyone, I'd be really grateful if any of you can help me out at the moment. I am currently nearing the end of the application process with Sussex Police, having passed the Assessment Centre and Fitness Test, just waiting for a Final Medical and to undergo Vetting. I think I've made a terrible mistake today that could cost me my future career. Whilst driving for work on a busy dual carriageway at around 75 - 80mph I just noticed a mobile speed van on a bridge above the dual carriageway. It was not Police marked but was either Hampshire/Sussex Safer Roads type van and had a camera on the bridge facing me. Obviously I have no excuse for speeding, and I am so angry wit…

  4. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi All Like the title says has anyone else applied to wiltshire police Cheers Darren

    • 0 replies
    • 183 views
  5. chunk83
    Started by chunk83,

    Hi, Got my assessment centre on Sunday and wondered if there is anyone who will be going on Sunday afternoon?

    • 15 replies
    • 245 views
  6. awesome-tech
    Started by awesome-tech,

    anyone know which police force are recruiting now or in the near Future Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

    • 24 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Hi Guys, Anyone got any tips on memorizing definition's? As my head hurts!

    • 4 replies
    • 894 views
  8. RAFP-newbie
    Started by RAFP-newbie,

    Hi, I would appreciate if anybody would be able to offer me some feedback on an issue I am having. It is in relation to the problem solving question during my assessment centre interview. I feel that using my research into the application process and assessment centre would offer me a good chance to present my problem solving abilities in a positive way. My reply covers all the positive indicators and provides a lot of evidence, it also covers five minutes comfortably. I just wanted to ask if anybody would know if there was any reason the assessment staff/ guidelines would disapprove of me using the assessment centre as a reply whilst I was in that very assessment ce…

  9. dylemma
    Started by dylemma,

    Hi all, just a quick question regarding a family member. My parents got divorced around 10 years ago now and since that time I have been living with my mother but had some contact with my father. last june I was told by a neighbour of his that the police arrived at his house and took things out in evidence bags. Since that day I have had no contact with my father and he has moved house. I recently found out that he has been charged with possessing seventeen indecent images of children and is awaiting sentenceing. I am concerned that this may lead to my application being rejected, could anyone shed some light on this for me if possible, thanks alot.

    • 4 replies
    • 423 views
  10. Carter Smith
    Started by Carter Smith,

    If you have had a previous arrest warrant for a fine do they stay on record? If so how long for?

    • 12 replies
    • 573 views
  11. sabatman
    Started by sabatman,

    Here is my first proper go at report writing for the assessment day. Please would people be able give me feedback good or bad or on where i`m going wrong. Here goes. Shooting star a major electrical supplier, is having a massive promotion on electrical goods, which are all blaring out excessive noise to draw attention to their products, to attract customers. The Helping the old charity shop next door is finding the noise excessive and they are unable to carry on their normal business because of the disruption being caused. The helping the old store manager has complained to the manager of shooting star about the noise but she has refused to turn the music down. In f…

    • 4 replies
    • 238 views
  12. ChrisDavidC
    Started by ChrisDavidC,

    Does anyone have the direct number for the Met Events Team? Got a mate who wants to find out when the next Recruitment Event is. Thanks in advance.

    • 2 replies
    • 366 views
  13. a0400798@hud.ac.uk
    Started by a0400798@hud.ac.uk,

    Just waiting for start date with MET and am therefore trying to work out budgets for rent etc. Would be great if anyone could give me a rough idea of take home pay. Obviously 20% goes to the tax man but how much is taken out for pension etc?

  14. newuserlancs
    Started by newuserlancs,

    Does anybody know what the training is like, in terms of where, how long etc for Lancashire? Is it all based @ hutton? (i.e. after you are accepted) Thanks in advance..

  15. Agent Orange1546620448
    Started by Agent Orange1546620448,

    Does a 1994 Drink/Drive conviction have to be declared on MG6Bs?

    • 1 reply
    • 560 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.