Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jaks101
    Started by jaks101,

    Hello i have my fitness test for the GMP next month, what are you supposed to wear. my plan was to turn up in a t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms and trainers, but there is a note in the paperwork that says you should bring your clothes with you. Am i suposed to turn up in a shirt and tie and get changed when i am there?

  2. Gemma26
    Started by Gemma26,

    Hi i have my final interview on Friday and havent a clue what type of q's i will be asked. The website is just too detailed to revise. Anybody got any advice please? x

    • 1 reply
    • 236 views
  3. lowerm_bowem
    Started by lowerm_bowem,

    Hi everyone, Just a quick question, i am applying and in the process for a police office (just had day 1). Over a year ago, i was assaulted/attacked and suffered a head injury from this. As a result of the injury i had a seizure, i know that my doctor will say i am fine and had a quick rrecovery. But i am wondering as to what the medical officers would say about this. I have no history of epilepsy and it was a provoked seizure from the head injury i sustained and no long term effects left. Its my dream to become a police officer, and if this let me down i would be deeply uspet. Thanks very much in advance, Laurence.

    • 5 replies
    • 342 views
  4. DannyNaz
    Started by DannyNaz,

    I have my assessment day coming up and I am filling in the packs i received, theres is one that is about life skills and asks numerous questions about under-representation in fait age race etc. i dont have any experience in any of the questions so should i leave them blank or should i write a definition or example of the question??? Dan

    inspectorgadget
  5. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    Hi everyone Had my fitness and medical at Hendon yesterday and I must say that I had previously read what others said about the fitness test and it being easy and the bleep test being a brisk walk.... Well for everyone who does not really do any excercise and is only of average fitness this is not true. By the end of the running I felt like I couldn't go on anymore and I was really glad when they stopped us, you should have seen my red face :) But i think the more difficult part for me was the pulling test which requires you to pull 35kg, i only just just got through. My advice for not very fit people - do prepare, do some jogging,push ups, weights tra…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    Hey, I have my A/C coming up real soon, so I'm just trying to hit the nail on some things. On the information pack I received, it says I will be marked on "Problem Solving" for the Interview, however I can only think of one occasion where I have had to "solve a problem", but when I think into it, it wasn't much of a problem. A second opinion would be fantastic. -- During our motor vehicle course, we were given a series of tasks to complete on a vehicle in the morning. Once we had chosen who we were going to work with, Tom and myself, we were then given the worksheet which explained what had to be done, from there we were directed to our assigned vehicle. For the ta…

    • 10 replies
    • 505 views
  7. ste8
    Started by ste8,

    rite got to get this off my chest guys, had a dream last night that i opened a letter which said 47% failed the a/c i really think i done bad in the role plays, the actors i felt ripped me apart as soon as i entered, i didnt freeze up and on only one scenario i ran out of what to say to the actor, but it was right at the end, did anyone else feel like they had been ripped apart by an actor lol

  8. GraceR
    Started by GraceR,

    I had my final interview yesterday and I got in!!! Got the medical on Monday. woooohooooooo!!!! Can't believe it!!

    • 10 replies
    • 647 views
  9. chelseablue
    Started by chelseablue,

    i was vetted 4 years ago for the armed forces with no known issues would that be an advantage as i havent been in any trouble since?(i hadnt been in any trouble prior to vetting either :-)) thanks for any replies/help

    • 5 replies
    • 560 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  10. yoshua
    Started by yoshua,

    Right, I have read loads of threads like this... "Help needed" etc although its suddenly hit me. I have sent my application in although I have had an ongoing back injury I am over now but I have not yet been diagnosed with anything although the specialist "thinks" it could be Ankylosing Spondylitis. Now I know all about AS and the Application asked for disabilities and if I considered my self disabled. In short I dont... although I do take medication as advised by Specialists. Although there was nowhere suitable for me to write this on the application. I am not disabled. I have nothing named as wrong with me... yet I am under a specialist for this ongoing issue that fla…

    • 3 replies
    • 357 views
  11. chelseablue
    Started by chelseablue,

    i have just been told that i have passed the a/c with regards to refrences,does recruitment now contact your current employer? does anybody know? and if they do, what sort of implication would that have on your job knowing you may have to continue there for the time being untill you receive a start date? thats if nothing goes wrong in vetting??? cheers for any advice in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 677 views
  12. anneritchie65
    Started by anneritchie65,

    Evening everyone, Could any of you in the 'know' settle a small dispute......Is there an April intake at Tulliallan ? Cheers!

  13. Jimbo2487
    Started by Jimbo2487,

    Just wandered if anyone has any news/help/advice on Lincolnshire Police.. I applied for Transfer in May 2008 to Lincs Police--went through the App. procedure etc and happy to say in October 2008 was accepted for transfer.. Am getting impatient (major failing of mine) and a bit nervous of rumours that Lincs have ran out of money etc....just wandered if anyone has any news on transfer apps. etc or if anyone has got a transfer start date. Would love Western Lincs and really keen to move back to my home county....any info at all really would be appreciated. Many Thanks Jim

    • 1 reply
    • 687 views
  14. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    I've been watching Street Crime UK quite a lot, as well as paying attention to the Police around my area - I've noticed from both that quite a lot of the Officers are overweight? How have these guys passed on their BMI?

    • 44 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. trumpet1546620447
    Started by trumpet1546620447,

    Just had the post delivered - passed the A/C for TVP. Fantastic news. I attended the assessment centre at Sulhamstead on 12th March - anybody else heard? I'm off down the gym!!!!

    trumpet1546620447

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.