Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
to my amazement i passed the a/c after convincing myself for the last 5 weeks i had failed....get in there
-
I am not 100% on the recruitment time line. I have my day1 late april, so if i pass i believe day 2 will be some time early june. i do not have any commitmenst so i just plan to go on holiday until the Met send me a letter telling me when i can start. would this be ok, or are there any other days i may nee dto go to after day2?
-
Hi guys, I just got a letter and they offered me a PCSO role!! I am very happy and proud but worried too!! As I have to take a pay cut if I take the role but this is want I wanted to all my life and this is a step closer to become a Police Officer. But I am worried!! I read couple of comments from other people and they always talked down on PCSOs. What do you think? Any advise welcome! My scores were 60 % Overall 71 % RRD 100 % Oral Communication 33 % Written Communication Thank you in advance
-
Hello everyone, I've got my Medical for Essex on the 15th of April, Can anyone tell me what they will be testing? Want to just go in there knowing a bit before hand! Thanks for your help.
-
Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone who applied for GMP in December 2008 has heard anything? I got a letter today saying that i've passed the initial paper sift and eligibility element, and they are now just marking the competency questions (which could take a further 6-8 weeks)... If that's successful the next stage is obviously the AC which is to be held in March 2009. If anyone else has had a similar letter it would be great to hear from you :whistle2: Thanks
-
- 18 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've got through to the next stage, I've got my PIRT booked for 28th. I'm in the process of filling out form for vetting, government security questionaire and the uniform fitting. On the vetting form I have to fill out details of co-residents, and possible history of convictions. At the moment I'm living with my mum and dad. My mum has a few driving offences which I do not know the exact details of. My dad does have a history of offences that probably go back from before calculators were around. It says detail all of these offences no matter how long ago they were. If I just put them "to the best of my knowledge" will that be ok. For offences of these offences I didn't …
-
Hi! I would like to say hi to everyone as i'am new to this forum. I have been spendin the last few hours reading this forum and I would like to thank everone for their posts which has helped me alot. i am currently waiting a reply for my application. I do have a question and I hope someone could help me. I have a full time job and have regular income. The issue I am having is iam in debit on my main account and my credit card account. I also have a small personal loan. My question is will it affect my vetting that iam in debit? I do pay my interest and repayments on time, I am just used to live on my overdraft. Thanks for your help! regards, Loxyt
-
On my application, I scored a D for Race & Diversity. I think this was down to not being totally clear on how i challenged the person. I have came up with a different situation to relate to for the RRD question in the interview. Do you think that this will be acceptable? ------------ Q1 It is vitally important that police officers show respect for others, irrespective of their background. Try to recall an occasion when you have challenged someone’s behaviour that was bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. Do not use an example where the other person was simply angry or upset. Their behaviour must have been bullying, discriminatory or insensitive. You will…
-
i went along to the open day in reading for thames valley yesterday to collect my next application form. i was quite surprised at how you were in and out with a form without being spoken to much about anything. i had lots of questions to ask but didnt really get the opportunity. i wondered what the point was of making you go along if there was no compulsary presentation or anything to listen to (as opposed to just sending forms out in the post/online) but anyway....hopefully the rest of the process will be that quick! lol anyone else go/applying to TVP ?? :)
-
Hi, Just wondered if anyone else had their assessment centre date in March for Suffolk police? I have it in few weeks...I'm really nervous!! :) Hope to hear from someone soon! xx
-
Hi, does anyone know what happens if you can't get your medical questionnaire signed off by your doctor before your Day 2 medical and fitness? My doctor is dragging his heels and can't promise it'll be done by Thursday which is when I'm due up at Hendon If it's not signed, will I be binned? Or will they not let me do the medical until it's signed cheers
-
- 6 replies
- 236 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Loads of people comment on how easy the bleep test is - is it really???
-
- 172 replies
- 3.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all I’ve recently applied for the north Yorkshire force, hopefully I’ll pass the paper sift. If I do I was reading up that the next stage you take and test for spelling grammar and English, now since school I’ve fallen into the really bad habit of writing in capitals with big capitals where there suppose to be and little ones. I’ve tried going back to normal writing but I’m really finding it a challenge to keep it both neat and legible. My question is at assessment if I write the form out in capitals will I get straight binned or marked down because of this? Many thanks
-
Hi I was wondering if anyone can shed some more information once you have passed Day 2 for the Met, what happens next and how long does it take between the stages to starting on your training course? I have scrolled through the forums and seen people getting packs? and calls from vetting or liasing with your recruitment advisor etc... but not sure what applies if trying to join the Met? I dont want to seem presumptious that i will pass Day 2, but i am keeping positive Many thanks in advance to whoever replies and shares their knowledge.
-
Final interview passed....check Uniform fitted....check Wondering who else is going to be at fun camp kincardine? Working on it... Any one else got booked in yet? Show of hands please Shuggs
-
- 59 replies
- 5.1k views
- 3 followers
-