Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. minty
    Started by minty,

    Well, I got my results in today and they read as follows: Overall: 51% Pass Respect for Race and Diversity: 67% Pass Oral Communication: 100% Pass Written Communication: 22% Fail D Grade for Respect & Diversity: No Pass So because i didnt get the required 44% for written Communication the whole thing is a fail! I really dont understand how i would have scored such a low mark in this particular competency but who am i to question!? The sad thing is, I dont think any ot…

  2. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Elo I was pondering why do serving police officers have to go through vetting before they can transfer to another force?

    • 1 reply
    • 284 views
  3. Inthe50
    Started by Inthe50,

    Hi, I have a very complicated situation, and it is something that I am a little concerned about, and therefore am looking for potential advice or information regarding this subject. (And I am aware of the personal or moral implications of the offence, really just looking for an impartial comment) In 2004, as a result of very immature curiosity, I had ordered a DVD from the USA which contained images of bestiality - I was at this time resident on the Isle of Man and was arrested by Customs and Excise there for "fraudulently attempting to evade prohibition on obscene articles" (Section 178(2)( of the customs and excise management act, 1986) - According to the lawyer acti…

  4. jimbo777
    Started by jimbo777,

    I'm in the process of choosing my boroughs and handing in the form when I go to my day 2 in the next few days. I have a few questions if anyone can help? - How many people have got their first choice, how many have got their second? - I've heard that theres a strong chance that you'll get your second choice? Is this correct? - Later on, do they give you freedom to choose between, lets say your choices 1 or 2 or 3? Or are you given one option and have to take this? Any help is appreciated!

  5. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    hi, ive just got the letter to say my day one assesment is in may. justa few question i need clearing up. one: what do i need to wear? sounds stpid but appearences mean everything and two: what does the day one consist of? or what can it consist of? so that i can prepare thanks, josh

    • 2 replies
    • 471 views
  6. ahamilton
    Started by ahamilton * ,

    Hi there. I scored just under the 60% pass mark for Herts Constabulary, and so have been invited to a follow up 'formal interview'. Any idea's on what to expect? Will it be a re-run of the AC interview with only competency based Q's? Will there be any competency based Q's? Any idea's on the type of questions to expect? Any tips and advice is appreciated from you lovely lovely people

    • 0 replies
    • 137 views
  7. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    just wondering what are the 4 questions they ask in the day1 20 min interview? i am a graduate so i didnt have to fill out most of the 'hard' questions on the application form. also having recieved my invitation to day1, in the pack there are loads of papers,(most of them asking the same as the actualy application form, i wonder if they even read it), one of the papers ask to give examples of any insight, knoledge.... faith/belief, race and so on. well do all the questiosn have to be answered? as i dnt have 'insight, knowledge or experience' in all the field. and finaly does this form actualy contribute to the assesment at all? thanks, sorry for loads of question

    • 2 replies
    • 233 views
  8. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    How much info do you get? I have been practicing these and they are driving me crazy! Do you have to give all the background information or do you presume that they know it........ being as they asked for your recommendations?

    NicholasAngel1546620428
  9. Aviator_Bhoy
    Started by Aviator_Bhoy,

    Hey guys currently going through the selection process for Tayside.I have my senior officers interview on the 21st of April but have my medical and fitness in the next two weeks.I am ex-RAF just recently left and i have told the HR department at Bell street that i would really like to get in asap,in fact at a weeks notice.I am wondering with such a late SO Interview what the chances of getting in to Tulli by May are,as i think the next intake for Tayside is June?

    • 0 replies
    • 446 views
  10. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi All How many mistakes are you allowed to make in the application form? Is it just in the questions 1 - 10? Or is it through the whole form? The reason for me asking is I have just finished filling out my application form but now I do not feel that confident. Many Thanks Darren

    • 7 replies
    • 464 views
  11. JAJudge
    Started by JAJudge,

    Anyone starting in Merseyside on Monday 16th???? Didn't think I'd ever want a weekend to pass so much! Although not looking forward to the drive from the Wirral to St. Helens everyday!

  12. thekeymaker
    Started by thekeymaker,

    Got 57% which falls short of the 60% required for nottingham, im gutted to say the least :cry: The lovely lady at recruitment informed me that i may and i emphasise MAY be able to transfer my results to another force. I understand my results stand for the next 12 months ….only problem is most forces are suffering from severe cut backs in budgets and it appears that only the met are recruiting (they also require 60%) Ill stop rambling…basically I was wondering if anyone knew the outlook on recruitment for forces nationwide in the foreseeable future? Am I doomed? Or is their light at the end of the tunnel? Knowing my luck the current holds on recruitment will hold…

    • 6 replies
    • 660 views
    para-signaller
  13. george76271546620128
    Started by george76271546620128,

    Afternoon all. Im attending my Day 1 on wednesday, catching up on some last minute reading etc. Anyone else attending this date ? Also Im going to a support session on Monday (16th) anyone going to that ? See you there !

    • 0 replies
    • 190 views
    george76271546620128
  14. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    For anyone else who is worried about the written exercises at the a/c there is a book out on the 18th - go on throw some more money at the process! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Written-Exercises-...5744&sr=1-5

    • 1 reply
    • 241 views
  15. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    Hi all, Got my letter confirming i had passed the sift with very good marks, and i am now just waiting hear when my AC day will be. However, one thing that concerns me is vetting. I have not really thought much about this, but after reading a few threads on here and another forum i am i little concerned... I have no convictions, not even a speeding ticket, niether has any of my family. However, my partners father does have a serious drugs related conviction. As far as i know, this happened many years ago and we have very little to do with him. However, we are living in he house where there trouble was. Could this be a problem?

    • 3 replies
    • 387 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.