Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    I'm just wondering how long approx it takes to find out the results of the application, i only gave mine in on friday but im so nervous waiting lol!!

    • 8 replies
    • 377 views
  2. nicolatt4kidz
    Started by nicolatt4kidz,

    Hey all. My hubby had his 1st assessment yesterday. I don't know who is more nervous, Him or me. I hate wishing time away but just wanna know if he is through to round 2, lol. They said he will find out by the 1st week in April so finger crossed!!

    nicolatt4kidz
  3. Hafizur
    Started by Hafizur,

    Hey everyone, <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> As you can tell from the title, I haven’t been successful in getting into the Met, it’s a shame because of all the hard work and effort that I put in. Even though I knew the writing was on the wall, I still had some hope left, but now this is the end of my journey. It’s funny because I don’t know what to do now; I really thought that this was my calling in life, but I guess not. I achieved 55%, apparently the pass mark, and still failed. To be honest I haven’t read all the papers. I would like to take this opportunity for everyone’s words of wisdom a…

  4. amandatrec
    Started by amandatrec,

    Hi Firstly I know its Fartlek but fart legs just sounds better Can anyone tell me when the current fitness level test was set? I did a mock test about two years ago (when I did go to the gym) and managed it ok. I have no idea what level we went to. I have just started to do some running again and Im in a total mess! I am fit and my stamina is good but I'm just no good at running. My legs are turning to jelly and I have had shin splints. I used to do treadmill and circuit training at the gym and was ok with this. I haven't been able to rejoin the gym so I have been running on the roads and footpaths near my home. Has this made things more difficult by running on…

    • 4 replies
    • 348 views
  5. lowerm_bowem
    Started by lowerm_bowem,

    Hi everyone, Im new to this site have been having a look around around. I got a couple of questions to ask. I had my MET AC on monday 9th for the specials and i have my AC for HERTS regular pc on the 18th April. What is the pass mark for HERTS/MET? Do these forces have the final panel interview? As i havent been told about this. Thanks, Laurence.

    • 4 replies
    • 159 views
  6. keri
    Started by keri,

    ok form nearly finished but on the qualifications page does my hubby need to put down his o levels (yep i said o levels) he says it was over 20 years ago and cant remember his results now!! does he put them down without a grade or are they pointless nowadays

    • 5 replies
    • 600 views
  7. ob1
    Started by ob1,

    Got my set/fitness April at 1730 to wear fitness kit for set? take it will be bleep test that time of evening

    • 6 replies
    • 513 views
  8. stevew71
    Started by stevew71,

    I might be being stupid but... Do I need to declare on the form that I have 3 points for speeding on my licence, it isnt clear to me.

    • 3 replies
    • 523 views
  9. cymrocop
    Started by cymrocop,

    Hi I have noticed that a few people have read books on passing the AC and some have attended and completed short courses. I was hoping to ask for everybody's opinion on the worth of these courses and books. From a little research I understand the courses are expensive and the books are too vague. I have opted for neither personally as I have very little time to read and re-read new text, (cramming is not my style!!!) plus I have a few friends who are serving officers for help. Opinions please Thankyou Cymrocop

    • 2 replies
    • 95 views
  10. ZombieAndy
    Started by ZombieAndy,

    ok I'm lay in bed thinking bout this and for my proof of ID tomorrow, and I've got my bank card, cheque book and 3 statements but proof of signiture? I don't get it, can someone please tell me what is accepted as proof of signiture? Thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 141 views
  11. hadley
    Started by hadley,

    Hi, Im currently waiting to transfer my ac results from the MET to the BTP. Does anyone know when they are next recruiting as im going no help from recruitment to let me know when there next intake is ?

    • 0 replies
    • 107 views
  12. ob1
    Started by ob1,

    Got my set/fitness 14 April, how long could i expect to wait till initial interview if i pass fitness, with strathclyde police

    • 0 replies
    • 221 views
  13. deanossss
    Started by deanossss,

    Hello All Juist a quick one, if my brother in law has been very bad in his past will i pass the vetting? Me and my wife have not seen him for over 10 years. Many thanks Dean

    • 0 replies
    • 226 views
  14. vdust182
    Started by vdust182,

    Hi, Im just filling in my application and i have accidently written the same word twice next to each other! Am i able to amend this mistake, if so how? Many Thanks

  15. GPA
    Started by GPA,

    I had my medical this morning with Grampian Police. I wrote down on my medical form that my grandfather had Huntington's disease. This means my own father has a 50% chance of getting the disease. My father is well into his 50s now and has not contracted the disease. By this time symptoms are normally showing. This means i should have a 0% chance of getting the disease. Can Grampian Police refuse my appointment as a police constable on this calculation? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 206 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.