Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. NeilW1970
    Started by NeilW1970 * ,

    Hi, This is my first ever post on here, I have been offered the chance to start in May, I applied 18 months ago but now I am having second thoughts, due to balancing family life and having a 2 and 5 year old children, and working shifts and weekends etc..... and also the wage while I am in training is less than what I am on now. I can defer to November if I like but not sure if I want to wait till then, but how do you other PC/WPC's get on and manage your lives with all these changes and the whole work/home balance Thanks Neil

    • 13 replies
    • 738 views
  2. k1ngy1546620134
    Started by k1ngy1546620134,

    I recently had a car accident (not my fault) and i have now to fill in form after form to get things sorted out. They ask for Employers name and address. Now i know that i put Thames Valley Police but do i put the station i am based at MK or do i put Kidlington? Many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 637 views
    k1ngy1546620134
  3. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Hi Everyone, Has anyone else had trouble getting the Hep B Injection. My own doctors will not do it as the NHS can't charge people for it, they gave me some health and safety letter saying a risk assessment needs to be done and how they don't regonise our profession as being a high risk one!! Even though we will be at risk of being spat at, and come into contact with blood, vomit, and other nasty substances. Just seems to me to be lots of red tape, which I guess we need to get used to! The only option now is for me to go private to have it done.

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
    k1ngy1546620134
  4. Mook
    Started by Mook,

    Recieved notification of my attendance at the AC not long ago and am chuffed but nervous! This will be my second attempt, the first being about 8 years ago when i was younger and prettier! Hehe! Ive got a good knowledge of customer services and have done extensive research in to equality and diversity, and must not forget brain training on the DS! If anyone could give me any pointers for any of the exersises I would be eternally grateful!

    • 0 replies
    • 98 views
  5. phil381546620193
    Started by phil381546620193,

    in waiting to try again with Central Scotland (yeap, 1 whole year!), I have decided to take on a new course. Since January, I m learning criminology as an open course. I will recommend it to anyone who is waiting( or not!) to re-apply with your force.It gives you an idea about crimes in general, just like being in the job. Five months to wait and still counting...

    • 0 replies
    • 279 views
    phil381546620193
  6. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    hi, i got my day 1 coming up at the end of april, and i dont really wknow what to study? everyone seems to say they study loads, but, whta do you actualy study. i read the papers they sent me, if there something i am missing?

    • 2 replies
    • 161 views
  7. ob1
    Started by ob1,

    hopefully if am successful and pass set and fitness, will i be informed there and then of interview date or by post?

    • 0 replies
    • 242 views
  8. SBP
    Started by SBP,

    Hi there, I have just passed the assessment day for Lothian and Borders Police and the next stage is the home interview, assuming i've passed the critical thinking test. Could anyone who's been through the home interview recently please give me some advice as what to expect/prepare? I have been doing a lot of research and I am going to speak to a probationary officer soon but I thought someone who's just been through the process may have some really good hints and tips. Thanks in advance. Chris

    • 0 replies
    • 317 views
  9. Sempre
    Started by Sempre,

    Hi, I live in Aberdeen at the moment, however I'm planning to apply to Strathclyde Police as I spent three years down there at University and would prefer to return. Once all the tests, interviews etc are completed, and the training starts at jackdon/tulliallan - is that when you would start being paid, or would it be after you've completed training there? Its just obviously that would effect whether moving to Glasgow to start training there would be a good idea without wages, as I'd need accomodation and I'd need some way of paying for it. Many thanks in advance for any replies.

    • 10 replies
    • 869 views
    Anthony Smith
  10. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    Hey! Just wondering if anyone here is going through something similar to me, i am currently heading towards my day 2. Every now and then i get serious cold feet about joining the police, i am 23, in a heavy metal band that is doing quite well locally. Most my friends think its great that i am joining, the band are a bit dubious about it all which is understandable. I am very creative and been told i have a great personality and i am just worried it will be dampend a bit by joining what i think is the next step down from the army. I have always wanted to join the police, however becuase its not your everyday 9-5 every so often i get massive cold feet and wonder if i …

    sparkstertom1546081064
  11. La Policia
    Started by La Policia,

    Hello. Here are my details Application: passed August 2008 Assessment: passed 60% September 2008 Transferred from Norfolk to Essex on October 2008 Fitness: passed November 2008 Medical: passed January 21st 2009 I was just wondering when I should call them!! I haven't had any contact from them since my medical. Is there anyone else who took the medical on the same day as me? Thanks for looking

    • 8 replies
    • 559 views
  12. jessica123
    Started by jessica123,

    Hey I have recently started a new job,just wondered if I should tell recruitment about it?

    • 8 replies
    • 626 views
  13. pinkpams
    Started by pinkpams,

    Am I the only one who is continually amazed at the poor grammar and spelling in the various posts on this forum? So many people use the wrong spelling of there/their, your/you're and to/too in their posts as well as other basic spelling errors. It would look very unprofessional to have these errors in the paperwork we have to submit as Police Officers whether it be Police Reports, Subject Reports or even Memos to various people including the Procurator Fiscal.

    • 18 replies
    • 539 views
  14. mr jacko
    Started by mr jacko,

    Helloooooooo Has anyone done their day 2 for pcso in the last month or so for the Met ? Have you had any word back and if so what was the time scale Does anyone know the intake dates for pcso THANKS

  15. captain black
    Started by captain black,

    Hi all, another vetting question. Where I live is quite rough, and people who live in the same street as me have had various entanglments with the Police. Would the area where I live and the fact that people who live around me have been in bother with the Police, go against me during my vetting?

    • 2 replies
    • 327 views
    captain black

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.