Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Ads1977
    Started by Ads1977,

    Hey guys and girls, I was just wondering if anyone who has had their Day 2 recently, could tell me what actually happens with the eye test? Do you look into the machine or a chart on the wall?? I am having mine on the 10th of March at Hendon, so I would be particularly grateful if anyone has gone through the MET eye test could tell me what to expect as im getting nervous, as I think my eyesight is borderline!! Thanks Ad

  2. Mcneep
    Started by Mcneep,

    Hi, I just received my letter saying I've not got through to the SET and firness with strathclyde. It does not give any reasons, is it worth emailing the recruitment team to see if they can give me a reason? Also, I believe I'm excluded from applying again for 6 months, does this include for a special? Thanks A very gutted Paddy

    • 5 replies
    • 495 views
  3. EKMSC
    Started by EKMSC,

    Well i beleive it sais it all in the title :) Received confirmation about two weeks ago... first post btw, hi everyone! Alfie

    • 2 replies
    • 164 views
  4. matty_28
    Started by matty_28,

    Hi all, i was wondering if anyone new of any gyms in the manchester area that have a dyno machine in so i can test my push/pull strength thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 182 views
  5. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I failed vetting last month for GMP due to amount of debt (i have had a debt management plan in place for 18 months but vetting have said they need me to continue to pay it for 12 months and not increase my debt and re-appy and say they will then look on me 'favourably') but in the 12 months or so before I can and will apply again I was considering becoming a special for Staffs (my local force) - I understand they obviously will do vetting checks as well though so am I right in saying if I failed for GMP regs I would also fail for staffs special, or is it different criteria?

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  6. rick_fisher
    Started by rick_fisher,

    Hello all, I have been given a provisional start date of 14th September 2009, so have plenty of time on my hands. I'm curious to know which books are recommended good reading before starting my training. These books are what I have seen and would like an opinion on please. Thanks in advance Rick

    specialteacher1546081026
  7. EVH.
    Started by EVH.,

    Hey all, If it's above board can someone explain what is tested at the medical? I'm assumming blood pressure, eye sight etc but I'm concerned about hearing... I only have 3% of my hearing in my right ear which I'm hoping they won't test Can anyone put me out of my misery? Thanks.

    • 5 replies
    • 371 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  8. caramack86
    Started by caramack86 * ,

    Hi everyone I have just recieved my letter, and I have my final interview on the 23rd of March for strathclyde police. Is anyone else at the same stage? Or can anyone help or offer any advise on questions and answers I will need to know? Cara Glasgow

    • 2 replies
    • 183 views
  9. MidlandLass
    Started by MidlandLass,

    Hi. My partner and I are looking to transfer to North Yorkshire police and hoping to live within 10 miles or so of York city centre. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what it is like to work up there and also, do you reckon it'd be relatively difficult or relatively easy to get a transfer? I'm coming to the end of my probation and my partner has been a Sgt for 12 years. Thanks in advance for your help!

  10. PCWantstobe!
    Started by PCWantstobe!,

    Does anyone know anywhere I can watch someone during a role play? I am fairly confident that I will pass this stage but would like to see what it is like whilst someone else is doing it. Is there anything online i.e. youtube that you can see someone carrying out a role play for UK Police recruitment? Cheers, PCWantstobe!

    • 2 replies
    • 193 views
  11. rachel669
    Started by rachel669,

    I had my assessment centre earlier this year, and initially applied for West Mercia. I got 54%, needing 60% for West Mercia which resulted in a fail. I want to transfer my application to West Midlands as their pass rate is 50%, but really have no idea how to go about doing this. Can anyone help me and tell me how to do it, who to contact etc? Thanks =)

    • 3 replies
    • 167 views
    sykes1545925530
  12. NicholasAngel1546620428
    Started by NicholasAngel1546620428,

    What are peoples opinions/experiences regarding challenging the role actor's compliance with the Westshire Centre's equality an diversity policy in relation to them using collective nouns? Some examples i'm thinking of include: 'hoodies' 'drunks' 'youths' I guess it depends on the context in which these words are used and how they are said as to whether you would ask the person to stop using that kind of language? I have my AC coming up and really don't want to trip up by not picking up on questionable triggers such as those above and failing RR&D. Any comments appreciated!

    • 20 replies
    • 719 views
  13. ob1
    Started by ob1,

    how long recruitment process with strathclyde police

  14. downs523
    Started by downs523 * ,

    hi, i start training on 27th april 2009. is there anyone else here starting the same date? its at aylesbury college (bucks area), if so has anyone had there formal offer letter yet, thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 340 views
  15. Jeevs1
    Started by Jeevs1,

    Hey:)! Was just wondering does anyone else have there fitness test on Tuesday the 17th at 5pm? I was told off of a women from recruiting about a month ago it would be the bleep test, but i was thinking it might be the run as the weathers getting better and its lighter at night. Does anyone else know any different?

    • 0 replies
    • 368 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.