Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. leydee
    Started by leydee,

    Oh My Days, I actually passed day one, 67% with 81% in rr&D. I am really really looking forward to my Day Two next week. I am going to have to get some new trainers, my current runners squeak and that's just going to put everyone off! Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

  2. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi i have wondering if you ever fail the application stage i know you have to wait 6 months before you can re-apply but can you use the same answers for the competency questions you used in your first application again for the next application or do they have to be different answers? cheers darren

    • 25 replies
    • 1.1k views
    specialteacher1546081026
  3. jamez116
    Started by jamez116,

    Hi Guys, I appreciae there are a lot of vetting wuestions on this site about convictions, so sorry to trouble you again. This isn't a conviction however. 5 months ago I stupidly got caught urinating in an alley, something I truly regret. I got a £80.00 on spot fine and was told it was not a criminal matter and was not an admission of guilt. Ive passed the papersift with the Met but didn't put this on the application as it is neither a conviction or a caution, however now I have received my vetting forms through it has asked me to declare any fixed penalty notices etc, which I will of course do. What I would like some help with is 1) Is it an issue not to have put it…

  4. G07122
    Started by G07122,

    have any of you guys done a police degree at university, are they worth applying for or should i not bother. i should finish college this year and want to be a police officer. do you think this would be a good step to take? Any advice on which uni to go to or what degree to take

    • 2 replies
    • 329 views
    jemz1546620088
  5. andrew89
    Started by andrew89,

    I have been in education up until now and do not have any work experience as such. Only work within University... I feel it is going to be really tough to answer the application questions. Especially the religious one if it comes up on my questions because I lived in a small village all my life and have had no contact with someone from another religion in the way the question asks... I'm seriously dreading this... Any advice :S I have applied to work for companies such as citibank with what I would call petty incidents. By this I mean the same type of application questions. And was successful I don't think I am going to be successful on this though..

    • 6 replies
    • 404 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  6. Hafizur
    Started by Hafizur,

    Hey everyone, As you can tell from the title, I haven’t been successful in getting into the Met, it’s a shame because of all the hard work and effort that I put in. Even though I knew the writing was on the wall, I still had some hope left, but now this is the end of my journey. It’s funny because I don’t know what to do now; I really thought that this was my calling in life, but I guess not. I achieved 55%, apparently the pass mark, and still failed. To be honest I haven’t read all the papers. I would like to take this opportunity for everyone’s words of wisdom and support. I wish everyone the best in the future and there new jobs. Hafizur

  7. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    does anyone know if your examples on the application form have to be within a certain period of time ie. in the last 3 years..or is the no requirement for this? i thought it was 3 years but i looked on the guidance notes on the form and theres nothing about it. i cant have just imagined the 3 year thing tho any ideas? thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 344 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  8. Adam4
    Started by Adam4 * ,

    I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from the Recruitment Dept as to whether they had passed the paper sift or not? This wait really is a killer, everyday the postman comes i convince myself that toady is the day.

  9. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    Hi everyone was just wondering if anyone has a met AC date on the 8th of april and if you were one of the people for the 7th of jan application date cheers! Dom

  10. spice007
    Started by spice007,

    Has anyone got their results yet?

    • 40 replies
    • 713 views
    The Entertainers
  11. rick_fisher
    Started by rick_fisher,

    Hello all, I've just got the news and it's good!!! I've passed with 64% I'm buzzing now Good luck everyone else. Rick

  12. mitchell891546620349
    Started by mitchell891546620349,

    Hi all Has anyone applied tobecome a Special constable for GMP, and does anyone know how long it takes from start to finish as in the recruitment tests.

    • 8 replies
    • 627 views
    life isn't easy
  13. lana7979
    Started by lana7979,

    hey there I just found out today that I have failed my A/C I am a bit gutted but however i will try again. This was my second attempt at applying but my first assessment centre. I was just wondering how many times it has taken people to become successfull? I am determined as it is my dream job :) thanks in advance

    • 9 replies
    • 647 views
  14. worzel1546620371
    Started by worzel1546620371,

    Hi. As anyone received thier induction packs yet for March 9th intake for West Mids? Thanks.

    • 34 replies
    • 2.5k views
  15. browp1
    Started by browp1,

    Wondering if anyone who is currently up at Tulliallan can let me know what I should expect on Tuesday? Any tips? Cheers Paul

    • 2 replies
    • 470 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.