Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andrew89
    Started by andrew89,

    I have been in education up until now and do not have any work experience as such. Only work within University... I feel it is going to be really tough to answer the application questions. Especially the religious one if it comes up on my questions because I lived in a small village all my life and have had no contact with someone from another religion in the way the question asks... I'm seriously dreading this... Any advice :S I have applied to work for companies such as citibank with what I would call petty incidents. By this I mean the same type of application questions. And was successful I don't think I am going to be successful on this though..

    • 8 replies
    • 495 views
  2. Elise1546620386
    Started by Elise1546620386,

    Hi, I’m just about to submit my application to join Strathclyde. I have been reading some very useful post and I have noticed that the average time between submitting an application and the date for the SET / Fitness test is around 4 weeks. I am really concerned over this as I have not been fit for the last year :sweatingbullets: . I have been going to gym for the last 3 weeks around 4 days a week to catch up but not that easy. Can anyone who have attend the fitness test at Jackton provide some guides on what type of exercises/activities :boxing: you are asked to do. I know about the running part (Bleep/ 1.5 mile) and also the pulling/ pushing machine. However Iâ…

  3. walfordm
    Started by walfordm,

    Has anyone heard lately from the Essex police or have they forgotten all of us????

    • 6 replies
    • 954 views
  4. ACJMY2K
    Started by ACJMY2K,

    I am so nervous its not funny! Everyone keeps sayin I will be fine, and I know they are right......but still I keep having dreams where my mind goes completely blank in the role-plays Luckily I'm off on hols for 2 weeks on fri so will try keep my mind off it, even though I know it wont leave my head! Anyone else got theirs for GMP tomorrow?

    • 4 replies
    • 171 views
  5. ob1
    Started by ob1,

    Have strathclyde police hit there target i wonder for recruitment 2008/2009

    • 0 replies
    • 239 views
  6. Tip-Top

    Hi Start training in the morning at "Tally Ho", Cant beleive that this day is finally here, Thought i would be bricking it by now! but i feel really calm, cant wait to get cracking..

    • 3 replies
    • 636 views
    worzel1546620371
  7. Tonytoon!
    Started by Tonytoon!,

    Hi anyone know the AC pass rates for Cleveland, Durham and Northumbria? Also recruitment email address for Durham and Cleveland. I'm going to see if they will accept( 57%) pass rate from Northumbria assessment. Regards Tonytoon!

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    Hey guys, anyone on here attend that date? you all still waiting for your results?

  9. deanossss
    Started by deanossss,

    Hello everyone. Can anyone help me? I passed my day one a couple of weeks ago and i have the medical coming up soon. When i was sixteen i took steriods for six months. Will this affect my application? I am now 35 years old. Many thanks Dean

  10. vdust182
    Started by vdust182,

    Hi, Sorry another question. I have just remembered that i applied for a Staff job at West Mids Police (around 10/08) , i am now in the middle of filling in my application form for a PC at the same service, will this jepodise my application?

    • 1 reply
    • 227 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  11. bullets
    Started by bullets,

    Brother in law! Just got my conditional offer through and just been told about my brother in laws jaded past! I have seen him twice in the last 2 years and he lives in Essex but not the division I am posted to. He has conivictions for assault and Fraud in the last 2 years I have put his name on the form so now I await the fear of being rejected, can I please have some thoughts !!!! Getting your date is supposed to be a happy time, but this has put a downer on the whole thing...

    • 3 replies
    • 377 views
  12. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    Assessment days<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> We have had a lot of questions from people seeking positions as police officers or PCSOs in these threads. A lot of people are concerned about what will happen on Assessment Day and we have had a lot of questions about what to expect, and people want to chat about it. There is a difficulty with this though, and that is, the nature of the questions and role-play is confidential, and candidates sign an agreement to not divulge anything that goes on during Assessment Day. However, one or two people have forgotten this, or have thought that it only applies during th…

    • 3 replies
    • 9.5k views
  13. vdust182
    Started by vdust182,

    Okay, so i have got the questions in front of me, I have a rough idea of what im going to write on the other questions. However Q1 is really bugging me, im really having trouble recalling a situation relevant to the question! Bullying, Discrminatory or sensitive? These instanties have only really occured in my life when the people around me have been drunk? Would this be a liable for an answer or could it be looked at as an angry or upset state?

    • 2 replies
    • 419 views
  14. mattyglue
    Started by mattyglue * ,

    Hi, I recently passed my final interview for GMP. Waiting to go for medical, only problem is I wear glasses but really only need them for driving. Does anybody know if this will affect me in my medical. I have noticied on here people have had laser eye treatment....is this a necessity? Cheers Matthew

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  15. si8457
    Started by si8457 * ,

    Hi folks! Im new to the site, just spotted during a revision break... was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers for my AC this oming Thursday for London Met??? Ive been a PCSO in Staffordshire for the past 3 years working in a busy city centre so work closely with experienced and student officers daily. Have done quite a lot of preperation with colleagues but just the roleplays really im not sure what to expect if anyone could give me a few pointers thts passed recently then it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot Si8457

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.