Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. G07122
    Started by G07122,

    I am thinking about doing a degree before joining the police force. Any idea which is the best uni to go to or what degree I should take. There are a lot on offer and I was just wondering if any of you guys did the same and were you went to study. Also will this degree make it easier for me to join the police force? Thanks

    LifeOnMars1546620449
  2. SierraTango1
    Started by SierraTango1 * ,

    Hi, Long time reader, first time poster! Wilts have opened and closed there recruitment in a matter of days, TVP recruit until the 12th of Mar, most forces now go for these awareness evenings where the application forms are given out, has anyone been to one and can shed some light on them? What happened to the good old days when the recruiting opened you filled the form in and sent it back and that was that! I work as a community warden in my town centre, and work with police, pcso's every day! Wilts have moved the goal posts and not even told the applicants until the recruitment opened!!!

  3. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    got the pack and confirming phone call!!!! i passed vetting with essex police. cannot believe it. after nearly 18 months of the process its all at an end! pheeew! cheers for all the help and support i think i can relax now until i start!

    • 43 replies
    • 3.3k views
  4. Sempre
    Started by Sempre,

    Hello, I'm planning to attend the Grampian police Candidate Briefing Session tomorrow (though I am hoping to move to Glasgow so will be applying for Strathclyde police). The website says it last for two and a half hours, just wondering if anyone can tell me what happens at it.

    • 3 replies
    • 277 views
  5. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi i was just wondering do you have to fill the application form in CAPITOLS as i am convinced i have read this before but cannot see it on the application form cheers darren

    • 1 reply
    • 227 views
  6. wittin21
    Started by wittin21 * ,

    Anyone know how long it is roughly taking at the moment from the day 2 to a start date?

  7. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    How did those of you that have sat your AC done this? Mine is very soon, and just trying to piece together some last snippits of advice before next week. I know someone that failed their AC and the areas they struggled most on were Personal Responsibility and Community and Customer Focus. The latter of which, does seem to be quiet a tricky one to constantly get right.

    • 3 replies
    • 226 views
  8. ob1
    Started by ob1,

    There getting paid, just would not have checked my credit file if i hadn't read the problems applicants have had on forums, lucky i did and thanks for the replies much appreciated

    • 0 replies
    • 228 views
  9. dom88
    Started by dom88,

    Just got my assessment date for the met (8th Apr!) But what I'm worried about is my vetting. The story is, my father is a bit of an idiot and has been is prison on several occasions. I however have nothing to do with him at all and havent done for almost 16 years i'm 20 rang up vetting and they said it might be ok but no definate answer. On the other side of the coin my grandfather was chief superintendant do you think that will make any compensation for my fathers results that may affect me.

    • 13 replies
    • 864 views
  10. bennyboy_760
    Started by bennyboy_760,

    Think I may have posted this in the wrong area so i'll post it here :-p I got my results back a few weeks ago for my day 1 and got high marks in all areas but got a grade D (0%) in respect for race and diversity. Reading the results booklet it appears I may have did or said something that was inappropriate that would not be expected of a police officer. What did I do or say? I never swear, and im certainly not racist? I got very high marks on all the other areas, and even though I scored 0% on this module I still scored over 50% to meet the national average?! Yesterday I received a letter from the MET inviting me to become a Special…

  11. Frog
    Started by Frog,

    How are you supposed to challenge inappropriate behaviour? I'm not just thinking of the police assessment, but in life in general. Of course, if you're in a uniform (such as PCSO/PC), you have the authority as well as the duty to challenge it. If you're in another uniform (such as London Underground/Traffic Warden), it's probably best to keep quiet (in order to avoid confrontation). However, if you're a civilian, and you want to challenge it, does anyone have any tips as to how to do it effectively (words used, body language, facial expressions, etc) without getting a punch on the nose (if you're lucky)?

  12. Palmer85
    Started by Palmer85,

    I have a holiday booked for June, if i start my training before then it wont be a problem will it? as long as i let them know in advance obvioulsy what days i will be gone for. What do you do about catching up with what you have missed?

    • 5 replies
    • 476 views
  13. locoboy
    Started by locoboy,

    Hi guys and gilrs, Im new to the forum and i have just passed my assessment cnetre for west mercia, I was quite chuffed with my results as i was graded in the top 13% of candidated - despite all my panic leading up to it! I have received a letter stating that i have been booked in for a PRE medical screening assessment. Has anyone ever had one of these and what is involved? I have been advised to bring along my completed medical questionnaire and my completed eye test form, along with my formal ID documents. Just curious as to why you have a PRE medical screening. Has anyone else had one of these? Many thanks and this is a great forum.

  14. jh15
    Started by jh15 * ,

    i have just passed the ac, going through vetting now, this should not be a problem, the only thing is that i sometimes incurr bank charges, i have no debts and alway pay phone bills etc on time but i do get around 4-5 bank charges every 6 months or so, will this affect me? your thoughts please thanks

    • 15 replies
    • 647 views
  15. Danny 30
    Started by Danny 30,

    My A.C starts in less than 2 hours, i am really nervous but feel i cant of done anymore prep than what i have already. so thanks to those who have provided brilliant advice, and wish me luck!

    • 8 replies
    • 200 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.