Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. andrew89
    Started by andrew89,

    I am going to Slough Thursday for the recruitment event, what clothes do people wear to these events I will be wearing black shirt and trousers... just don't want to look like a cock if all the others are in casual. Anyone else going to this? Not the most attractive place Slough but it's a start

    • 1 reply
    • 241 views
  2. PCPC75
    Started by PCPC75 * ,

    Hi there I am currently in the Met and due to my wife's family am looking to transfer North . They live in cumbria but after some research I think Lancs would suit me the best . I am looking for any advice from serving officers in Lancs , specifically shift patterns and maybe a bit of an overview of response policing in the bigger districts , Preston etc .. Any advice would be greatfully received . I have passed their suitability telephone thing and am filling out the application as we speak .

    • 0 replies
    • 582 views
  3. GolfRomeoSierra
    Started by GolfRomeoSierra,

    Hi guys first poster here, i sent my form off on friday the 13th of feb ( of all days ) just got my letter back and have SET on may 1st anyone else send off round about that time

    • 1 reply
    • 159 views
    PrincessSparkle *
  4. ste8
    Started by ste8,

    hi guys new to this but hi, i have my assement day next week and i am proper nervous about the role plays, i am having really bad nerves as the police is all i have wanted to do since school, everyone is saying i will be fine, anyone got any hints or tips to share. Thanks Ste

    • 10 replies
    • 507 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  5. WeeWeegie
    Started by WeeWeegie,

    Hi Guys I am starting with Strathclyde on the 18 of May this year (Hoorah!!) What time do you need to be back to Tulliallan on a Sunday night? I have a Take That ticket for Hampden park on 20th June and it will probably go on until about 10pm. Will I still be able to go or do I need to get back to Tulli early doors?? Thanks Wee weegie :)

    • 2 replies
    • 962 views
  6. heard001
    Started by heard001,

    So, here we are... Yet another vetting/financial post... But for good reason... There are so many posts on this forum, with people worried about the financial aspect of the vetting process. There is lots of hearsay and speculation (as nobody is able to get a definitive answer from anywhere!) about what is acceptable and not acceptable with regards to defaulted credit accounts, debt management programmes, or other financial worries. Just recently I've noticed that some people who have been in the application process for months and months, and who have informed recruitment departments at every step of the way about their finances, have been failed. Now, this obviously d…

    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. sammy2006
    Started by sammy2006,

    Im moving to area and looking for good place to live. Can anyone recommend any good areas???? Aint sure city centre or outside newcastle? Any help would be great

    • 8 replies
    • 968 views
  8. Matt333
    Started by Matt333 * ,

    The deal is, I've "provisionally" been offered a placement for Suffolk's December 09 intake, providing that goes ahead (one intake was, I am informed, cancelled already this year). My question is, could I transfer my application to another force in between now and then? I have passed the AC but have yet to take the medical and fitness tests. Whilst I am keen to join Suffolk, all this waiting around for something to happen is beginning to get to me. Any advice? Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 556 views
  9. kevin85
    Started by kevin85,

    on the 27th feb i undertook the met assessment centre.....my initial reaction was that i could not have done any better and i have surely passed.....unfortunately the more i think about what i could have said and what i should have done, the less convinced i am that i have passed haha. id love to know right now haha how have other people felt after undergoing the Assessment Centre....... The written is scaring me now as i am not sure how many grammatical errors i made beegee i have read your posts ...you seem quite knowledgable....what do you think any advice would be helpful from anyone thanks for listening good luck everyone

    • 35 replies
    • 756 views
  10. jz101
    Started by jz101,

    hello, does anyone know when essex police go through with their vetting procedure? Is it after the fitness and medical is passed or after the assessment centre? Cheeers

    • 1 reply
    • 631 views
  11. kuro84
    Started by kuro84,

    Not sure this is in the right place, i was hoping someone might have the handcuff notes (with pictures) and it's available on the site somewhere - i really don't want to have to treck down to Hendon today

    • 2 replies
    • 772 views
  12. ste8
    Started by ste8,

    Just reading through now for my AC on tues, in the interview im writing examples for each competency and i cant think how to relate to effective commun is this just a practical competency like how you are a person throughout the day etc

    • 2 replies
    • 147 views
  13. sachaakakim
    Started by sachaakakim,

    Hi All Just found this discussion forum yesterday and was wondering if anyone could offer any assistance. I have my home visit with Lothian and Borders in less than a week. Does anyone remember any of the questions they were asked during their home visit? ANY HELP OR ADVICE would be extremely appreciated! Cheers guys! sachaakakim

  14. 120
    Started by 120,

    Hi, I am due to start my training with Suffolk on 6th April and have an induction evening this Wednesday. I was just wondering if I should wear a suit or just a shirt and trousers. The letter says it is an informal evening... any ideas? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 305 views
  15. xkelkelx
    Started by xkelkelx,

    Hi ya, Just wondered if anyone attended the assessment centre at Hendon for Met Police day 1 on 24th Feb. Many Thanks Kerry

    • 1 reply
    • 111 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.