Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ScarySquirrel
    Started by ScarySquirrel,

    Hello. I am trying to find out when there will be another open event for new constables but I get a "mailbox full" message when I call the careers office and there are no other contact details. Does anyone know if they have an email address I can use to get in contact with them? Also, did I literally just miss out on an event? If so, does this mean I will be waiting for around 6+ months before there is another one? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 368 views
    ScarySquirrel
  2. meg79
    Started by meg79,

    I have to say a massive thanks to all you guys who have posted on this forum with advice, whether directly to me or to others - All played a huge part in making my 2nd attempt at the assessment centre a SUCCESS!!!!!! Yep, it's not quite sunk in yet and I keep thinking I'm still waiting to hear I failed, but I did it! I just have to wait for my FIB now. If anyone can give me any advice for Leicestershire FIB, I'd be very grateful!! Thanks again guys, keep up the good work, and I'd be very happy to join you in helping folks with questions on the assessment centre! Meg

  3. Jackal
    Started by Jackal,

    Well providing I pass the vetting stage and get in what are the rules on working a second job? I will be taking a pay cut to join the Police so was wondering what I could do. For example, would I be able to work behind a bar to earn some extra cash? I say bar work as it would be evenings, fit in ok with the shift pattern and I have done a bit of it in the past.

    • 1 reply
    • 514 views
    jemz1546620088
  4. Finn
    Started by Finn,

    Well if the guys on day 1 are correct then tomorrow is the day that the results of the day 1 assessment are due to drop through the letterbox!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 433 views
  5. laura1986
    Started by laura1986,

    hey, i have my day one on friday at hendon, anyone else going that day? am so nervous!!! laura

  6. Laura D
    Started by Laura D * ,

    Hi all! I have my assesment centre for Dorset tomorrow and am majorly nervous and have started to doubt one of my RRD examples, and just wanted to know if this was ok or if its generally a bit weak and if i should change it. Basically when taking into account someone else's views i have discussed my friend from university being a vegetarian and when i moved in with her i had to take into consideration that she didnt like the sight of raw meat and that she had her own utensils etc. I also asked her about her vegetarianism and the reasons why she is one and took these into consideration. I also described how we cooked a vegetarian xmas dinner when myself and my other hous…

    jemz1546620088
  7. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    how much take home pay can i expect to earn when i start? thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Tim in the South
  8. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice as whether my 'difficult decision that others disagreed with'. This is the only competency question that im struggling to think of a good example. So far ive come up with ....during a surfing holiday in cornwall with friends, we had all got into our wetsuits and carried our boards quite a way down to the beach, to find the sea to be very rough and the light failing. The lifeguards werent working as it was out of season and towards the evening. My friends were all eager to go in as we had made such an effort, but I stood my ground and said that it was too dangerous. Of course i would describe it and write it out a lot b…

    • 6 replies
    • 793 views
  9. MrLee1546620050
    Started by MrLee1546620050,

    If you join the police service do they make you have this vaccination? I know it would be better to be protected against it but I have heard the vaccine carries its own risks, such as an increased chance of developing ms. Any advice appreciated!

  10. tshark
    Started by tshark,

    I'm looking for a copy of the bleep test to download to my computer, then on to my mp3. Anyone know where and how to do it? I tried getting it from the link above but couldn't!

  11. Kiwi_Devil
    Started by Kiwi_Devil,

    Hey girls and boys.... Congratulations to those that have got in.... Is anyone starting the 16th March??? I got the call this morning asking me if i would like to start on the 9th February subject to references... I said that as much as i would love to, i have to give a months notice. So, subject to references (which i know are not a problem) im starting on the 16th March!!!! Who will be joining me??? Look forward to hearing from you all Kat

  12. rayofsunshine
    Started by rayofsunshine,

    Hi, Just a quick question, does anyone know how many answers on the numerical and logical tests that you have to get right in order to pass that particular section? and each of the other sections? I understand that RRD counts for a lot in the assessment centre? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Amy

    • 0 replies
    • 293 views
    rayofsunshine
  13. rayofsunshine
    Started by rayofsunshine,

    Hi, Just a quick question, does anyone know how many answers on the numerical and logical tests that you have to get right in order to pass that particular section? and each of the other sections? I understand that RRD counts for a lot in the assessment centre? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Amy

    • 0 replies
    • 192 views
    rayofsunshine
  14. sophieu
    Started by sophieu,

    I know that the numeracy test is a mental arithmetic test but are applicants allowed to make short working out notes on the side of the paper or does it have to be solely your head without any notes whatsoever?

  15. spannertail
    Started by spannertail,

    Hi, can anyone give me a rough idea of the shift pattern currently at lancs. Thanks

    Mr Crustacean

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.