Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ospreyfan
    Started by ospreyfan,

    Hia all I would like some advice with regards to the final interview stage if anyone can help?,if you are asked competency questions will the interview panel be aware of what examples you have used in the assessment centre? I should imagine they would have access to your application to check the competency answers written down but would they also be aware of the scenarios described in the assessment centre?

    • 2 replies
    • 258 views
  2. cassidyd25
    Started by cassidyd25,

    Had a convo with Met Hr tursday, said file had just been handed to manager to be signed off, just waiting for the call with a start date. Was wondering how much notice the Met have given people with start dates???

  3. vonluger
    Started by vonluger * ,

    I have crohns disease and about six years ago had an operation to remove all my large bowel and a ileostomy stoma formed on my lower abdoman. I have been flare up free ever since . I have been a self employed builder for 15 years and have a physical lifestyle. Can anyone tell me if this kind of op would bar me from getting in the police force.

    • 4 replies
    • 853 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  4. HydroMaf
    Started by HydroMaf * ,

    Hi, i passed the assessment centre, but i got deferred on the final interview. I really want to join the police as soon as possible i cant bare to wait any long as ive already waited a year. the thought of having another interview in 6 months and then maybe failing again and starting from scratch does not sound appealing to me at all. i want to join the police and dont care where i am stationed really. Are there any forces that would accept a transfer if they pass a/c in 50% area got deferred at final interview but the new force dont require a final interview? also i understand that if i transfer then the original force that i applied for wont want me back. any help on…

    • 4 replies
    • 207 views
  5. RTT
    Started by RTT,

    Hi all, does anybody know where I can find examples of the a/c written tasks? I have googled it to death and I'm really struggling to come up with anything. Also are they written proposals or replies to letters of complaint? I have read things regarding the letter writing exercise online but the Westshire pack suggests they are written proposals. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is the area that is going to give me the most grief. Rich.

  6. joe81
    Started by joe81 * ,

    Hi all Just in the process of filling out the forms for GMP. However my only issue, and one that has stopped me applying in the past is eyesight. Its hard to read around the guidelines, they are a bit sketchy. Anyhow, my left eye is perfect at all distances, but i would be lucky to read any further than the second line on the chart with my right eye. This is of course unaided vision. My right eye blurs things, but is much better with glass's I really want to go for this, spent 4 years as an Anti Social Behaviour Officer for the local housing association in Blackburn and a year as a support worker helping vulnerable families at risk of eviction due to anti-social beh…

    • 2 replies
    • 304 views
  7. browp1
    Started by browp1,

    I start with Lothian and Borders on the 10th March and was just wondering if we will get a wage on the 15th March? Cheers

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. zxcvbnm
    Started by zxcvbnm,

    Hi I had my assessment centre in December '08 and was scheduled to have my medical in early April '09. Recently I received a letter saying that it was cancelled pending re-scheduling. I have contacted the recruitment division at Northumbria who cannot give me a reason as to why this has happened, and don't seem to know when it will be rescheduled, if it is to be rescheduled. I have heard rumours etc about not having funds for this large recruitment drive, and that they have taken on too many people potentially. Does anyone know any different, or can they confirm this? Regards

    • 3 replies
    • 657 views
  9. shuggs
    Started by shuggs,

    Can I have a hell yeah?

    • 6 replies
    • 628 views
    toro rosso1546620414
  10. BHa2405
    Started by BHa2405 * ,

    Hi, I've seen a couple of books on Amazon which look to be good guides to read in the lead up to the A/C. These are by Peter Cox and Colin Hutchinson. Can anyone recommend which is the best book to go for?? Any advice will be much appreciated! thx Becki

    • 5 replies
    • 214 views
  11. paulmcd76
    Started by paulmcd76,

    Hi, I start at Jackton on 6th April and I have my Uniform fitting next Saturday (7th March). Was in Asda tonight and see they have a pair of gents shoes with a toe on them for £12. Im aware some folk have bought these before, so can you tell me if they are any good for use as Parade shoes? Do they Bull ok? does the leather crack? (if it is leather at £12....) Was wanting to have a pair for going for my fitting next week and was thinking of getting these. Any one ??? Cheers Paul

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  12. silver321
    Started by silver321,

    Hi all Just wondered what footwear most ladies go for boots and shoes? I dont know where to start looking. I know we need two pairs just wanting some advice which would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

    • 22 replies
    • 2.1k views
  13. Gazza1979
    Started by Gazza1979 * ,

    Hello everyone, I attended my day 1 on Jan 20th and received my results today. I have been thinking about nothing else for the past 5 weeks and to my horror I had been unsuccessful. I had passed every test being the Written, Oral and Race and Diversity etc but had not achieved an overall mark of 55% ! I had scored mark of 54.47% in which they rounded it down to 54% which is even harder to take as if i had scored 54.5% they would have rounded it up. My point is, that I would like to know if anyone would agree that I have grounds to appeal ? I know that a line has to be drawn between a pass and a fail but I would understand if I had not achieved the minimum mark in one of…

    • 11 replies
    • 909 views
  14. IceyTruth
    Started by IceyTruth,

    Hi guys, I did the Met assessment centre three days ago and now have the horrible wait for my results lol. I understand that the overall percentage grade needed is 55% by the Met at the moment but I've been struggling to find out the breakdown gradings. I know that you NEED to pass race and diversity and the written exercises. Do you have to pass the numerical test or can you fail that but still pass the assessment centre alltogethor? If you do have to pass does anyone know what the passing mark would be out of 25? I feel it is the only area of the assessment day that I messed up Any help would be great :) P.S. If any of what I …

  15. bi55et83
    Started by bi55et83,

    hi everyone. I am currently filling in my application for Grampian police up here in scotland. There is one question that I am not 100% sure if my answer is what the markers will be looking for. Any help to point me in the right direction would be great! Q3. What do you think will be the most challenging and least satisfying aspects of the role?

    • 8 replies
    • 510 views
    specialteacher1546081026

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.