Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Stark
    Started by Stark,

    Hi All. Sounds like a stupid question. I know it's a fitness/medical day, but just wondered what the expected dress code is for day2. Do people go in their suits like day 1 or is it a more smart casual approach.

  2. Desi
    Started by Desi,

    I've read on another forum that the MET have lowered the pass mark from 60% to 55% ... Apparently this candidate was told at their Day One by one of the staff, He said that they weren't getting enough candidates pass the bench mark and recruitment is costing them a lot of money. Anyone else know of this?Desi2009-01-26 10:42:54

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Hi all, I am looking to apply for a force in 2010 and in the mean time I am looking to do some preparation so I can do my best in the application process. I was wondering if anyone could give some guidance/advice on some good things to look towards to help. I am looking to volunteer for the Citizens' Advice Bureau, the gold DofE award as well as working in some social care jobs. I suppose I'm wondering what other people have done to prepare themselves; what to do and what not to do? Thanks to all! :)

    • 2 replies
    • 325 views
  4. kayleigh2828
    Started by kayleigh2828,

    Hi everyone! I have just found out that I have failed my A/C for the met however, I know that Thames Valley Police are recruiting and wondered if anyone knows if I can transfer my results over to Thames Valley, does anyone know what the pass percentage is for the day one for thames valley??????

    • 4 replies
    • 317 views
  5. spannermonkey2009
    Started by spannermonkey2009,

    hi all, i am interested in applying for the met later this year, could anyone tell me how often they have their open days as i believe you have to attend one to get an application pack. Also what actually happens at the day 1 and day 2. Finally i have large tattoos on the inside of both forearms, one consists af a tiger with my mother name in kanji on my wrist, the other is a japanese style dragon and my fathers name in kanji on my wrist. would these be seen as offensive as they both have big teeth. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 432 views
    spannermonkey2009
  6. everton09
    Started by everton09,

    Hi I have just received a letter asking me to provide more evidence to support my medical questionnaire, I had a hernia op in my groin in 1993, yep 1993. I have had no adverse effects in the 16 years since the op. I have to provide a docs report, consultant letters and tell occ health if I have had any effects from the op. Is this anything to worry about or is it just "arse covering"? Is this normal procedure or do I have something to worry about?? Any help will be appreciated. Mike

    sykes1545925530
  7. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Went to a pre recruitment evening last night, and they seemed to be encouraging us to apply for the specials and the regulars, as the earliest opportunity to start training for the regs is april 2010. But ive heard mixed views on this. Would i be less likely to be accepted as a reg, as I have applied to do the same job voluntarily? Ive also heard that specials want you to work for at least a year after training is completed. Peoples viewpoints on this? Dont want to do the wrong thing! But would really like to join the specials, whilst applying, as I can gain experience and start policing sooner! (being optimistic!!)

    • 3 replies
    • 366 views
    sykes1545925530
  8. Cameron McHenry
    Started by Cameron McHenry * ,

    I'm currently 16 and in 4th year in Edinburgh. I'm seriously thinking about joining Lothian and Borders Police (my dad was in the police and my sister is) I was just wondering if there's anything I could do which would look good on a CV or just any advice in general. I'm already working on languages (Best in the year at french and spanish ) as I feel this might help! Anything else> Cheers all!

    • 3 replies
    • 502 views
    Cameron McHenry *
  9. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Anyone else think the boxes for family names and addresses are just way too small? I cant fit in my sisters previous name before marriage?! Am i supposed to state which is her current name? This will take up more room!! Where am I supposed to write family members cautions or convictions? What do i do? Heeellllllpppp! Please?

    • 2 replies
    • 372 views
  10. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Someone who must have known you for 3 years. I planned on using my neighbour, and my college tutor, but i was only at college for two years. It has been a year since i have been at college, so she has known OF me for 3 years, but only really actively known me for two. Is this still acceptable?

    • 1 reply
    • 281 views
  11. kayleigh2828
    Started by kayleigh2828,

    Just failed ac - I missed out by 1%!! Just wondering the best way to go about this! Cant appeal and have been offered a day 2 for a special - not sure how I feel about this though. Was thinking of trying to transfer my application over to another force who accept a pass percentage of 50% and have been told that Thames Valley are recruiting. or... can I transfer my application to a PCSO role? I know the met are recruiting for PCSOS at the moment!???? Any advice is welcome!!

    • 17 replies
    • 746 views
  12. felix
    Started by felix,

    Hi, I'm apparently on the list for the Wiltshire September 2009 intake. Is anyone else on this? I'm currently waiting for my fitness/medical date.

    • 2 replies
    • 385 views
  13. blackrain
    Started by blackrain,

    Hi all, I have just sent my application in for sussex, they say that we should hear in 4 weeks time, although reading some of the posts i think I may have to wait alot longer! Has anyone else applied for Sussex? would be good to not go through this alone if you get what I mean! I am already sure that I have failed, am sure they will get me on grammer, I know its ok really, but i leave such tiny spaces between my words (due to tiny writting) that in my head thats what they will fail me on! Well fingers crossed & I will keep you posted with my progress! Rain

  14. MrHappy1546620418
    Started by MrHappy1546620418 * ,

    Anyone know the pass mark for Suffolk, got my assessment day in March? Would be a good help. Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 168 views
  15. ospreyfan
    Started by ospreyfan,

    Hia all I would like some advice with regards to the final interview stage if anyone can help?,if you are asked competency questions will the interview panel be aware of what examples you have used in the assessment centre? I should imagine they would have access to your application to check the competency answers written down but would they also be aware of the scenarios described in the assessment centre?

    • 3 replies
    • 195 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.