Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gos24881546620432
    Started by Gos24881546620432,

    Hello All, Noticed previous threads discussing the merits of transferring to CNC from home office force. I'm an ARV officer in a Northern Force and looking to transfer to CNC, they seem progressive with good promotion prospects etc Can anybody confirm/deny this? Thanks Gos2488

    Gos24881546620432
  2. hadley
    Started by hadley,

    Hello, I failed my MET police assesment day by 1% and was wondering if anyone knew about the possibility of transfering my results to become a BTP officer ? How do i go about this ?

    • 0 replies
    • 112 views
  3. ady1966
    Started by ady1966,

    Wow ! I have just completed my first day of training with Norfolk. I was worried I had not trained enough for the initial fittness test, however, with legs like jelly, I completed it and passed. What a feeling, standing there and realising that all the application process was worth it over the last 2 years We were then taken for a tour, warrant cards given to us after photos had ben taken and then a 'getting to know you' interaction with the trainers and the new family !! Today we have our attestation and we will finally be turned into Police Officers albeit green ones For all those waiting to join, it is worth the wait even for an old boy like myself..............…

  4. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    Im not sure if its just sussex but with all the inintial information you get with info about your date for p.r.e etc, i got a dvd one about fitting the bill, which seems to be made by the home office and is about the A/C and fitness test and another one that is bad by sussex which is about fitting the bill, which is chatting to officers in sussex about their expierences etc. I was just wondering if anyone else has got something like this and what they thought about?

    • 2 replies
    • 394 views
  5. PCWantstobe!
    Started by PCWantstobe!,

    Hi All, I have received my pre-assessment and assessment dates for the Essex Police and obviously I am very excited. My question is how long would it take for me to start training if I am successful during my assessments? I have to give a years notice, maybe shorter to the Army but I don't want to sign off until I know I have something concrete to get out to. Basically I want to be pass the assessment and security clearance before I commit to putting my paperwork in with the military. With all my termination leave and resettlement I can be out within six months but I don't want to leave and be tiwddling my thumbs for another couple of months before I start the course, a…

  6. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all what do think of the cop coach cd rom is it any good ? is it worth getting? any opinions on it or if someone has any cd's for sale pm me many thanks darren

  7. EL1981
    Started by EL1981,

    Hi Guys, Just finished my initial week at Fettes (Lothian and Borders) and heading upto Tulli on Monday, We had a good week and finished with a real good fun day today. I was wondering who is heading up on Monday and is everyone looking forward to it? I'm a little nervous but can't wait to get stuck in now. Ian

    • 11 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. ZombieAndy
    Started by ZombieAndy,

    Im concerned about the credit checks which GMP are going to run as part of the vetting, now i have previously run up huge debts in my youth, which i have dedicated years of overtime and social life suicide to paying off just so i could join and i have paid like £10,000 of debts in 3 years and i am now COMPLETELY free of debt. Anywho, im living comfortably now but i get paid monthly and i do still run into my overdraft, but i know im not struggling, i also have 1 credit card which i am managing quite well.. i have a CCJ's/defaults against me but they are all satisified and i have a letter from the court covering the CCJ, which has already been declared and and sent with …

  9. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Earlier this year, i had work done by a garage on my car, who ordered parts i hadnt asked for, and so i refused to pay for them when he presented me with the bill (which was 6 months after the work was done), I refused to pay for the parts but said i was willing to pay for the work done. However, court action was taken by him, but was resolved out of court. Should i be writing this on my application form?

    • 2 replies
    • 419 views
  10. WeeWeegie
    Started by WeeWeegie,

    Hey guys!! Never thought the day would come where I can say - I'M IN!! After all the bother with my hearing, and then failing the bleep test just after Christmas, I have finally passed the final fitness test, and pending final vetting and references I will be starting on 18th May! I can't believe it has finally all dropped into place. This means that i have go on the holiday I booked last year and start just over a week after I come back. Only taken me the best part of a year.....LOL Wee Weegie :)

    • 9 replies
    • 715 views
    toro rosso1546620414
  11. Cassius Bojangles
    Started by Cassius Bojangles,

    Hi everybody, I just have a quick question. I have sent off my application and have received my assessment day. However, I sent my application off with 2 references, one from my last employer which was a temporary job and one from my university which i finished last year. However, I am now employed by someone else who will give me a good reference and I was wondering what I could do to change my 2 references to being my last employer and my now current employer (scrapping my uni reference in place of my new employer). Is this possible and who shall i contact if it is. I just say this because I don't know if uni will give me a decent reference since I was absent a lot in …

    • 5 replies
    • 428 views
    toro rosso1546620414
  12. mattyglue
    Started by mattyglue * ,

    Hi got my final interview next week for GMP. Was wondering if anyone had any tips or can give me areas which I need to concentrate on. What sort of things they ask etc. I have been given an overall outline but would like some more in depth stuff. Thanks Matt

    • 1 reply
    • 821 views
  13. browp1
    Started by browp1,

    I am due to start with L&B on the 10th March and the first week is spent at Fettes. I always used public transport when I was required to go through during the application process and was just wondering if anyone can suggest where to park? Cheers

    • 11 replies
    • 2.5k views
  14. jboymans
    Started by jboymans,

    hi i have my day 1 on the 12th march and i was just wondering if many people actually fail it, and what is the actual pass mark for the Met because i have heard that it is higher than most forces your help would be really appreciated

  15. kurtstrong
    Started by kurtstrong,

    Right I have finally done my draft version and I'm happy with my answers. So now it has come to writing it all out. With regards to the Tattoo question (neck,forearms,hands) I have a few tattoos one on my inner forearm, as well as a half sleeve that comes from shoulder to forearm. I'm going to take pictures and send with my application and explain what they mean (none are offensive, mainly relegious) Should i write on the back of the photos, or would it be better to write in the small space given? I know it may seem a stupid question but I want to get this application right first time.

    • 1 reply
    • 326 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.