Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Eggsok
    Started by Eggsok * ,

    Hello, I have asthma and I was just wondering can I get turned away for this? I'm a fit person, i've got to 10 on the beep test before and I stay very active, I do have to take medication for my asthma everyday but I would safely say it is under control. I've just sent my application form off for the met police and I am just trying to prepare myself incase I do get to the next stage. Thanks for your time, Jason

    • 1 reply
    • 203 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  2. vtecladek
    Started by vtecladek,

    Hi all, I just wanted to check up whether any of you applying to Kent Police heard anything. I've phoned them up yesterday and the lady on the phone said they're still in papersift stage and being dealt with (not mentioning we were given an initial response time 16th January) Did anyone got an A/C date by any chance?

    • 6 replies
    • 571 views
  3. PotentialMetPC
    Started by PotentialMetPC,

    Hi guys, my first post on here. I've been reading for a while and you all seem quite a well informed bunch so I thought I'd post a question. I've got my A/C for the Met on Friday. Just checking over my paper work for the day and have a few worries over the CCRU form. Does anybody know if this can effect your chances of being accepted? Being honest I don't think I have sufficient knowledge to be able to give expert advice in the areas mentioned in the form. Obviously I don't want to start making stuff up making out that I do. I would rather be honest and write something like 'unfortunately I don't feel I possess sufficient knowledge to be able to provide expert advi…

    • 3 replies
    • 130 views
  4. Jimbo1234
    Started by Jimbo1234,

    Hi there Can anyone tell me whether the initial training at hendon is residential or do trainees have to commute? Ive got my medical in a couple of weeks but havnt been given any information on what happens next if I pass!!! Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Jim

  5. warriors2008
    Started by warriors2008,

    Hi all, I thought this might be a good place for us to keep eachother informed about the outcome of our interviews this week and last. If anyone has had, or is due to have, their interview this week, let us all know when it is and how you got on. For those that have already been, again let us know how you got on. I will start: Mine is on wednesday morning of this week & I am bricking it! :smiley_vomit: :smiley_vomit: Good luck to everyone going this week, hopefully we will all get to meet soon.

    • 25 replies
    • 617 views
  6. a0400798@hud.ac.uk
    Started by a0400798@hud.ac.uk,

    Anyone still waiting on assessment centre results from any Day 1s for Met completed in January 09?

    • 1 reply
    • 348 views
  7. laura_hughes_87
    Started by laura_hughes_87,

    Hi sorry to bore you with a topic that has been raised many times already...but i've heard certain forces are more flexible than others with bmi, some except 30 or just above and some i hear are very strict at the 30 mark. Does anyone know what the met police are like with bmi regulations?? Also I have my 1st day assessment on the 17th Feb...and hopefully will get my day 2, how long (if i pass- fingers crossed) will I have to wait until my day 2 usually- ish??(just want to know how much time i've got to loose a stone or two...) Any help would be REALLY appreciated Ta!

    • 6 replies
    • 882 views
  8. rick_fisher
    Started by rick_fisher,

    Hello all, Can anyone confirm the current percentages required for the forces they wish to join. (Most especially Bedfordshire Police) Many thanks :smiley_notworthy: Rick :smiley_notworthy:

  9. newuserlancs
    Started by newuserlancs,

    Hello All, Just receivced the application pack, while I'm OK with everything else, I am struggling with what to put in the box asking for additional skills / voluntary work... I work full time and have a family, so time is always precious, in addition the company I have worked at for the past 4.5 years has no in house training to speak of, such as first aid or anything.... Any pointers on what they are looking for here?? Thanks a lot!

  10. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Just spent 3 hours bulling one of my boots and I think I may of just polished through the leather Can't beleive it, the boot was looking great, should of stopped but you get into a trance like state. Oh hmmm that's life!!!

    • 13 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. para-signaller
    Started by para-signaller,

    Hi all Anyone here recently been to an A/C with the MDP, the reason im asking is because im interested to transfer my passmark of 53% to the MDP, i dont know how strict they are but ive heard both 55 & 50%?

    • 1 reply
    • 311 views
    Capt_jack_sparrowLegs
  12. ozzie0512
    Started by ozzie0512 * ,

    Hi Guys, I got my final interview next thursday and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the type of questions to expect and what topics to cover. Thanx

    • 3 replies
    • 515 views
  13. bexstar1
    Started by bexstar1,

    Hi Guys, I've got my final interview on Wednesday with GMP ( :smiley_vomit: ) and was just getting all my stuff together this morning, and I think I may have lost one of the forms.... Should we have a medical form to hand in as well as the orange security questionnaire, and the white personal information forms???

    • 10 replies
    • 345 views
  14. MandHM
    Started by MandHM,

    I want to apply for NYP and I have just found out that they are recruiting next week. I am worried about the fact that I have recently come off anti depressants. I went on them Nov 2007 due to a partcicularly stresfull period in my life. I now feel fine and have chosen to come off them as I no longer feel that I need them, this was a one off incident of mild depression but i am now worried that it will affect my chances of joining the police. Any advice would be very grateful!

    • 1 reply
    • 407 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  15. Joe B 19
    Started by Joe B 19,

    Hi all, im Joe, im 15, 16 in just under a month. I live in Stoke On Trent. I stumbled across this forum through a mate who has a career in the Police in mind, and it would be a great help if you could answer a few questions. Firstly, im in Y11 at high school, and i am also taking my education further by going to college. I am expected to get A's in the majority of my subjects and i appear to be on track at the moment. (I dont mean to be big headed). After college i do not really have a career prospect in mind. I want a lively and active job, not stuck in an office like my mum who is an accountant, and wishes she had done something else. At first i considered the Marine…

    barnaby1546620372

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.