Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jas1546620336
    Started by Jas1546620336,

    It wasn't as i expected it to be, but now it's over im glad after all the prep...mixed emotions, i enjoyed it, but was tense too Most staff try to make you feel comfortable and at ease.. Just realised that all the prep in the world can't equip you for what you face. What a day

    • 8 replies
    • 243 views
  2. Mikester1545925594
    Started by Mikester1545925594,

    When i do my physical next sunday for essex it says i have to push and pull 35kg. Does this mean the machine is just set to 35kg, or is it a machine that measures how much i pull, like one of those iso machines that pushes back as hard as you push it? Cheers Mike

    • 1 reply
    • 940 views
  3. keri
    Started by keri,

    my hubby is filling in his application form (its nearly as bad as when he gave up smoking!!) anyhoo, he is talking about putting it in a small folder with each page in a plastic wallet. I know some places done like this and wonder if this would be a problem or does it not matter. I dont want him to mess it up on something silly, and personally I am looking forward to him doing nights so I dont have to watch football, cricket, rubgy, darts or stargate!!

  4. spannermonkey2009
    Started by spannermonkey2009,

    Hi all, Im intereated in applying for the met police and i was wondering what they see to be offensive when it comes to tattoos? I have large tattoos on the insides of both forearms. One consists of a tiger that covers the inside of my forearm and has my mothers name in kanji on my wrist, the other one is pretty much the same but consists of a japanese style dragon with my fathers name in kanji on my wrist. Would these be seen to be offensive? many thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    spannermonkey2009
  5. Eggsok
    Started by Eggsok * ,

    Hey there! Just wanted to say hi! I've just sent of my application form to the met police though i'm very sceptical if i'l get very far, it seems like a very grauling process! I'l give it my best shot though, I guess thats all any of us can do! I have found this web-site / forums has given me a great insight to the next stages of the process so if I do get to the next part I shall be picking these forums apart for any information that can prepare me for the next stage :-) hehe Jason

    • 5 replies
    • 521 views
  6. Jordan Jnco
    Started by Jordan Jnco * ,

    Hi can anybody who is appliying for this force contact me this is my second time applying could share tips and that.

    • 1 reply
    • 374 views
  7. browp1
    Started by browp1,

    I'm due to start with Lothian and Borders on the 10th March and was just wondering if we need 2 pairs of shoes or boots from day one or whether a second pair can be bought at a later date? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 773 views
  8. vidal1546620069
    Started by vidal1546620069,

    Hi there, old timer looking for some info. I've been a registered nurse for over 20 years and have worked my way up to a fairly senior position within my organisation. Due to a spectacular lack of judgement (and a rather poor choice of friends) I will be having the famous interview sans coffee next week which may end up with me losing my job. Obviously this has concentrated the mind wonderfully with regard to future employment. I've taken stock of my actual skillset, it's pretty poor actually. I can nurse, I can manage a large district general hospital and I can drive (pretty poorly according to the wife!). At my age I've been considering career options - my promotio…

    • 1 reply
    • 434 views
    Tim in the South
  9. kpeter201546620256
    Started by kpeter201546620256,

    Hi Dont know what to do with myself, just had the call to say I start with GMP on 16 March. Anyone else heard?

    • 49 replies
    • 2.2k views
  10. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me even roughly how many months should i expect to wait from my day 2 to actually starting the job?I know people say the vetting can take months, but am I being realistic to think that if my day 2 on 3 march is successfull i could be starting in July/August?Anyone?

  11. elifch
    Started by elifch,

    Hi guys, Another question from me!! Anyone knows the pass mark for a MET PCSO please? Is 33 % written communication enough? Or Can I tranfer my results to another force,would they accept 33 % in written communication please? My scores are Overall 60 % RRD 71 % Oral Com 100 % and Writte 33 % where I failed!!! Thank you so much in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 396 views
  12. Andi1546620193
    Started by Andi1546620193,

    Got my acceptance letter this morning from Wiltshire Constabulary. I am know to be known as Police Officer Windsor. I'm so happy, it taken 18 months but to get this letter makes it all worth it.

    • 7 replies
    • 869 views
  13. Georgie1545925588
    Started by Georgie1545925588,

    Hi, I have got my final interview on 25th Feb and have been given a subject in which i must do a presentation on for 10 minutes. However i am just wondering if anyone who has had a final interview could tell me what there like! I take it its more of a personal interview than the assessment centre one, which i found quite robotic! and i understand that it is infront of a panel of about 4 people. But just wondered if the questions they ask me after the presentation are going to more about 'why i want to become a police officer, what can i bring etc' or being given scanerios and being asked on how i would react to them? I know i find out if ive passed on the day, and they…

  14. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Should i mention on the application form that i had a 6month period on which i was on anti depressants when i was 15 (im only 19 now), or should i just leave it till its found on the medical check? Is this going to be a problem? It was due to bereavement, exam stress, getting burgled and other things. Will the reasons be taken into account? I havent been prescribed any anti depressants since.

    • 6 replies
    • 502 views
  15. Jimbo83
    Started by Jimbo83,

    Can anyone give me some details on what this lecture entails? Many thanks, James

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.