Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bi55et83
    Started by bi55et83,

    Hi i was just wondering if anyone could let me know if its worth doing the above course? I am applying for a scottish course and i know the application process is different up here so would this course be as helpful? Thanks

  2. Jimbo83
    Started by Jimbo83,

    Can anyone give me some information on what they ential, their difficulty if possible? Many thanks, James

    • 0 replies
    • 407 views
  3. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    Passed my application at the begining of this month, was told my AC would be in July or October however I got a phone call today asking if I'd like to be on the March reserve list - Anyone else get this phonecall? I declined the offer because I'd rather be fully prepared - With University/Work I wouldn't have much time to prepare - Sooo I just told them I'd like to stick with either the July or October AC. It's not that but, I don't really want to go into the AC with little preparation - I'd rather wait, get my revision up to scratch, practice some roleplays/maths/written skills etc. and pass first time if I can Paul

  4. a0400798@hud.ac.uk

    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND OUT THE SHIFT PATTERNS FOR VARIOUS MET BOROUGHS?

  5. karl1981
    Started by karl1981,

    Just a quick question whats the average of passes per Assessment ? For example if say 70 people attend an assessment center how many are likely to pass on average??

  6. Dev1749
    Started by Dev1749,

    Hey, Just want to say a big thanks to everyone who has posted on here, it's really helped me with my AC revision. I've been reading this stuff for the past few weeks ever since i submitted my application form and thought it was about time I got involved. Anyway, I've got a question regarding the written proposals. I know those of you that have been through the AC are limited to what you can disclose but I was just wondering in the written proposals, are you likely to deal with multiple complaints in which the FIR template would be ideal, or a single issue? I have a different structure for the latter, but need to focus on one and then try and get my time down usi…

  7. toola
    Started by toola,

    Are there many officers out there who work for the MET but have to travel in everyday from Hampshire? This is what I am proposing to do, but some say I am going to be knackered from all the travel etc. I also hear that the travel allowance is going to be axed next year. Any help from an officer in the same boat would be great.

  8. coxy3
    Started by coxy3 * ,

    Hi I was wondering how long is it taking for the results of the Assessment Centre at Site 2 Met Polce? Answers on a post card hehehehe Coxy

    • 0 replies
    • 127 views
  9. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi all i have just signed up to attend the recruitment evening for wiltshire constabulary on the 9th March at Devizes HQ at 1800hrs anyone else going as im travelling up from hampshire cheers darren

    • 5 replies
    • 415 views
  10. bi55et83
    Started by bi55et83,

    Hi i was just wondering if anyone could let me know if its worth doing the above course? I am applying for a scottish course and i know the application process is different up here so would this course be as helpful? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 261 views
  11. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    for the purposes of vetting, does anyone know if my husbands finances will be taken into account if we are still married but separated and living at different addresses? i know they look at joint finances as a married couple but is it different if we dont live together anymore? thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 515 views
  12. Mac101
    Started by Mac101,

    Is anyone familiar with this bunch? www.crossfit.com It's an American gym franchise of sorts, heavily focused on general purpose conditioning - pretty popular with US law enforcement/military/fire dept etc. Several police depts maintain their own Crossfit gyms. I think some of the claims they make are overblown, but they have a daily workout and some nice ideas for conditioning and general fitness style routines for those seeking some inspiration before their fitness tests Above all, the workouts are brief, so they're ideal for people with limited time on their hands!

    • 3 replies
    • 184 views
  13. tj99
    Started by tj99,

    Hi , Can anyone help. Iam currently studying for a BA in Education and Trg (whilst serving as a pc i might add) Iam doing an essay on the Leitch report and raising stds. Iam trying to find out at what level ( ie key skills level 1, 2 or 3) are the PIRT written tests aimed at. Thanks in anticipation!

    • 0 replies
    • 146 views
  14. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I failed vetting 2 weeks ago for what I think was financial info as I have several defaults. I have sent a letter to the vetting unti yesterday about this, but having seen some info on the internet today sayind that defaults would be down to indivisual cases in terms of what the indivisual had done about them I do think I have a case and would like to speak with the vetting unit themselves if possible because recruitment just say they dont know the reasons I was declined. Can anyone help with a number as I cant find one anywhere.

    • 2 replies
    • 552 views
  15. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I failed vetting 2 weeks ago for what I think was financial info as I have several defaults. I have sent a letter to the vetting unti yesterday about this, but having seen some info on the internet today sayind that defaults would be down to indivisual cases in terms of what the indivisual had done about them I do think I have a case and would like to speak with the vetting unit themselves if possible because recruitment just say they dont know the reasons I was declined. Can anyone help with a number as I cant find one anywhere.

    • 0 replies
    • 304 views
    Times_champion

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.