Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all i was just wondering who's going to the opening evening at the wiltshire headquarters on monday the 9th march. i know they got 2 open days with only 50 spaces if your going would be nice to know who is etc cheers darren

    • 0 replies
    • 252 views
  2. ryanmark24
    Started by ryanmark24,

    been talking to someone at rcruitment and i have had it confirmed that northumbria have only stopped recruitment due to the large number of successful applicants. although recruitment has stopped any successful candidates in the process already should b ok as there are intakes every 5 weeks until november so fingers crossed

    • 5 replies
    • 576 views
  3. Tash
    Started by Tash * ,

    Hi all i'm new on here but wanted to give this a go! I'm currently serving as a Pcso for Tvp but i have my assessment day coming up soon for the Met. One thing that is worring me is the report writting section on the assessment day. I am due to go on the talking blues course soon but wondered if anyone had any info they wanted to share!? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 256 views
  4. spannermonkey2009
    Started by spannermonkey2009,

    Hi folks, Im interested in joining the police but have a slight issue with my left eye (CRAP VISION). Im strongly considering laser surgery, but was just wondering if there is any limits to the surgery allowed. There are many diffrent types of surgery around, so are there any that are not allowed. Thanks again

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  5. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    On the form, where it asks if you have ever been involved in any criminal investifation (whether it has led to any prosecution or not)? I had a car crash and officers 'investigated' the crash at the scene, but decided no offence was committed. Do I need to write about this now?

    • 2 replies
    • 412 views
  6. Bunnywarren
    Started by Bunnywarren,

    I am starting on 16th March and have a room booked at Finchley Section House. I just wondered if anyone can tell me what it is like there? I was considering doing a house share, but I want to be able to socialise as much as possible and wondered whether going to the section house would be better for that as i'll be completely new to the area? Thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 845 views
  7. Stuk
    Started by Stuk,

    Hi All, I am filling in my medical forms and I have bee asked for details of anyone in my family that has suffered a stroke or heart attack. Well all my uncles (3) have had an attack and a bypass op but my mother was checked out and is fine. Do I have to list my uncles’ details or is it just mother father brother sister and grand parents? Any help would be great! Cheers Stuart

    • 4 replies
    • 155 views
  8. S/Sgt
    Started by S/Sgt,

    Hi all, I'm new to this and just wanted to ask a few questions. From the age of 16 I've always wanted to join the police force, the thought of making an impact on the community and other people excites me. From leaving school, I went to college to study A levels and was gfoing to apply when I finished college. During the two years I have matured greatly and realised that it is very unlikely that I will be accepted from the application because of my age and the lack of life experiences, I totally understand that. Meanwhile, I have managed to get accepted at university to study a degree in Policing. I felt this would give me experience and knowledge that the police would…

    • 1 reply
    • 372 views
  9. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi i wondered if anyone would like to read through my competency answers which i feel and are ready to be copied onto my application form but before i do that i would like someone elses opinions first if you can and want to read them please let me know and i will pm you as i do not want to disclose my answers on the open forum many thanks darren

    • 1 reply
    • 501 views
  10. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Should I be writing the details of my Fathers involvement with the police on my intial application form? They only seem to ask about their name, address and date of birth. But at the Recruiment evening I was told to declare everything. Should I just write on a seperate piece of paper and attatch it? Also, although I have no cautions or convictions, at the recruitment evening I was told to list ANY involvement with the police, and the police were called to a car accident I was involved in. Where do you think I should list this? Do i wait until the vetting form comes through? Is there such thing as a vetting form?

    • 2 replies
    • 414 views
  11. bilbo1546620364
    Started by bilbo1546620364,

    Hi Guys! I'm starting at Hendon on the 16th and was just wondering if anyone has any info on Gilmour section house at all? Is there room for a desktop pc & tv and so on? And how good's the gym? Very vague I appreciate but I knoe next to nothing! Many Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 4.1k views
    bilbo1546620364
  12. meg79
    Started by meg79,

    Hi. I have recieved my medical forms that I have to complete and take with me to my FIB in three weeks. Appartently, the GP doesn't have to sign these ones, but I am concerened about filling them in. I need to make sure that I don't miss anything out, obviously! There are questions that I will be ticking yes to (ear infections, depression 15 years ago for example). I suppose what I need to know is, how do I access my records to get the details? Do I have to see my GP, even though I won't need a signiture yet and will they charge you for getting hold of the records? Thanks for any advice, Meg

    specialteacher1546081026
  13. a0400798@hud.ac.uk
    Started by a0400798@hud.ac.uk,

    Could anyone please tell me the contact number for the Met vetting department Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 376 views
    a0400798@hud.ac.uk
  14. deanossss
    Started by deanossss,

    Hi Is anyone up for there fitness and medical tomorrow? If so good luck see you there! Dean

    • 0 replies
    • 123 views
  15. Mikester1545925594
    Started by Mikester1545925594,

    Just done a practice bleep test in my garden. Got to level 9 when i decided to stop as i have work later, lol. But the question is, on the form given by essex police it says its a 15m length, although everywhere else on the internet says 20m?? Any answers? Although admitadly level 5.4 isnt that hard at all, so even if it was 25m i think most could do it Cheers Mike

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.