Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jjaimie
    Started by jjaimie * ,

    Hi all, I'm a newbie on here so any advice would be most appreciated. I am a 29 year old woman and I have suffered with depression in the past but have been well for over 2 years. I am still taking anti-depressants. I have always dreamed on being a police officer and I am worried that this will hold me back. Does anyone know if the past depression will hinder my application? I don't want to go through the process of applying and then be let down at the medical maybe a year down the line! Thanks guys and gals

    • 22 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Anthony Smith
  2. matrixdrone737
    Started by matrixdrone737,

    I sent off my personal references 2 weeks ago and those who i nominated still havent heard anything.. anyone know how long it takes? Also does anybody have an idea when a medical is scheduled after this. Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 138 views
  3. andrewreetun@yahoo.co.uk
    Started by andrewreetun@yahoo.co.uk,

    Hi guys, This is my first post, although i have been reading the blogs for ages and have found this site really helpful! I just wanted to find out if any body has heard if they will be starting for April yet? So close now!!!!!!!!!

  4. NicholasAngel1546620428
    Started by NicholasAngel1546620428,

    Apologies if this has been asked before but... Do you get rough paper to scribble down workings during the numerical test? I've read the information provided in the info pack and this isn't mentioned either way. Just wondering if anyone who has done the AC recently could let me know? Many thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 158 views
    NicholasAngel1546620428
  5. g7mur
    Started by g7mur * ,

    Hey Folks! I have my assessment day for lothian and borders police next week but last week i was stupidly caught speeding (77 in a 60). Im gutted! Does anyone know how this will affect my application? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 480 views
  6. a0400798@hud.ac.uk
    Started by a0400798@hud.ac.uk,

    Does anyone know what information is asked/required by police when contacting your work references. Some of my references over past 5 years will include summer jobs and university work placements. Will they contact these or just my current emplyer? Any infomation would be much appreciated

    • 2 replies
    • 427 views
    a0400798@hud.ac.uk
  7. Russmizon
    Started by Russmizon,

    I have just finished my basic 35 weeks and about to start my NVQ, has anyone, or know does anyone know of anyone who has sucessfully transfered during probation ? if so, did they have to start again etc... thought it was better to post this here, rather than in tranfers

    • 2 replies
    • 754 views
  8. jmo85
    Started by jmo85,

    Ok, i've got my day one on Friday and am of course quite nervous about it all. I'm currently a PCSO in Southampton so will be difficult in the roleplays to not go about it in a Police way but from a strictly customer services manner. Anyway, i have done my ankle ligaments in and will more than likely be limping around but if i were to try to rearrange the day they will cancel my application! Does anyone think it'll be really unprofessional if i am limping slightly around the Peel Centre? I'm worried!!

  9. keri
    Started by keri,

    Well applications are open now for Lancashire - my hubby rang today and has to fill in the application form and have it sent back by 13 March. Just thought I would start a thread for anyone else in the same position. He is already a special and he loves it. Good luck to everyone!!

  10. zildjian
    Started by zildjian,

    Do all uk police forces require new applicants to be resident in england for a minium of 3 years immediately prior to making an application?Anybody know the answer to this one please! Thanks in advance.

    anprsolutions
  11. sazzle1983
    Started by sazzle1983,

    my eyes are -4 and I can only see the second line down on the opticians board if I squint! Are you allowed to squint? and has any1 got a similar prescription to me? I've worn contact lense for 10 years and never ever had one knocked out so why do you have to able to see 6/36 unaided?!

    • 26 replies
    • 2.1k views
  12. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    Hi I have to fill in the Form about what borough I would like to get. I live in Colchester (North Essex) and have no idea! I would like a borough that does 12 hour shifts and hopefully has a few stations near tube and train stations. Any advice please? JOHN

  13. canoerichie
    Started by canoerichie,

    Hi, I had recently being waiting for my assessment centre date, however I received a letter this week informing me that due to the high volume of candidates my assessment centre date has being put back to spring 2010. Now although I am very keen on this force my second choice force has just started to recruit this week and is only open for a week, so what I would like to know is it possible to change to this other force without affecting my chances? Please advise if you are in know? cheers

  14. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    i letter today saying my day1 will be end of april, now i am wondering how long will it take to get the answer from day 1 and when would day 2 be? i am just booking a holiday, so i dont want the holiday to get in the way of my day 2. also what the dress code for day 1? i am a student so i dnt have a suit, jean and shirt be ok?dsa892009-03-05 18:38:59

  15. Daryl
    Started by Daryl * ,

    Hi I have recently submitted my application to join, after a few years of careful consideration. My only worry is that i have suffered from a mild form of ocd in the past. This has never affected my job nor have i ever needed to take any time off for this. Unfortunately, i was prescribed very mild medication. I am worried that the meds may affect my application as i had taken some within the past 2years. My question is whether the same 2 year policy applies as per previous posts relating to depression. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks D

    • 2 replies
    • 165 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.