Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. stevew71
    Started by stevew71,

    Is anyone else one of the 1500 that have got a pack ?

    • 0 replies
    • 302 views
  2. Drew Peacock
    Started by Drew Peacock,

    Hi all, I was just working out the dates for squads starting this year and the earliest I can start would be in May. Can anyone tell me if the 25th would be a possible start date? I am looking forward to starting, it has been a long road and I cant wait.

    • 2 replies
    • 651 views
  3. ScarySquirrel
    Started by ScarySquirrel,

    Hello, I have two small 5 pointed stars on my left wrist, which are covered when wearing a long sleeve shirt or watch. They both look like this, but with slightly thicker lines - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/12/Pentagram.svg/304px-Pentagram.svg.png Do you think this will pose a problem? Is a pentagram deemed offensive? If so, as much as I love them, I would be willing to just get them filled in to be black stars if it meant I could join the Met. Thanks in advance.

    • 3 replies
    • 287 views
  4. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    For the competency questions .. can you only write on the dotted lines?? Because theres the solid line at the bottom which is outlining the box but i wondering if you can write on the solid line, as if you can this would be so helpful to me!! ( MORE SPACE!! YAY! =] ) if not Bummerr Thanks guys

    • 4 replies
    • 491 views
  5. sarahljx
    Started by sarahljx * ,

    Hello All, Just completing the PC application for the Met but have been informed that graduates don't need to fill in the competencies. Do any of you have the link with the covering notes? I called the helpline but the werea bit vauge. Thanks for any help! Kind regards

  6. ScarySquirrel
    Started by ScarySquirrel,

    Hello, I have two small 5 pointed stars on my left wrist, which are covered when wearing a long sleeve shirt or watch. They both look like this, but with slightly thicker lines - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...ntagram.svg.png Do you think this will pose a problem? Is a pentagram/star polygon deemed offensive? If so, as much as I love them, I would be willing to just get them filled in to be black stars if it meant I could join the Met. Thanks in advance.

    • 4 replies
    • 750 views
  7. gazmac055
    Started by gazmac055,

    Hi folks, Just a quick one, I`ve lost my list for the Feb 16th start date e.g running shoes, P45, wooden ruler etc etc If somebody could just reel of the list for me it would be great. I think I`ve got everything but I just want to make sure. Cheers all Gary P.S not long now :cool:

  8. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Hey guys, got the 2nd part of my application back today and I've passed - Got an A Says the AC will be sometime in either July or October... Just wondering if anyone else has heard back?? Thanks, LLR :whistle2:

    • 9 replies
    • 796 views
  9. richie991546620414
    Started by richie991546620414,

    Guys and Girls, I have just sent off my appeal to the met after failing my day one assesment by .1 of a percent. overall i scored 54.4% i got 62% in race and diversity 100% oral communication and 44% written communication. I spoke to HR today and the first person stated he has never dealt with a case where someone failed by .1 of a percentage and the second lady said it was unfourtante but she could not overall it as she was just HR and that I should submit a appeal through the met to be reviewed so fingers crossed, comments welcomed, has anyone done this and been successful?

  10. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    I am compiling all the official answers I can find to the vetting/eligibility questions asked in here so I can give correct answers or advice. Here is the Home Office Circular that governs eligibility for joining the Police. Home Office Eligibility Criteria Everyone thinking of applying should read this and the sticky at the top of the page, alongside the PoliceCouldYou website.

    • 2 replies
    • 381 views
  11. ZombieAndy
    Started by ZombieAndy,

    I Went to the open evening at sedgely park on tuesday night and it was very interesting, since then ive been constantly thinking about examples i can use for my interview, where i am questioned based on the competencies. At work, i work in retail security, something happened the other day which i think i could use for race and diversity, but id like some help on how to phrase it all. One of our employee's, a asian employee called samir, he works at our petrol station which is seperate to our store completely. he came in our staff room and took a full, unsealed bottle of milk and went to take it back to our petrol station, i knew this wasnt standard procedure so i stoppe…

  12. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi, just curious. during your training at what point will you first go to your divisions? and is training continued there or at chelmsford HQ? or between the 2? thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 477 views
  13. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all wiltshire opened up their recruitment window today with only 50 places but within a few hours it was closed again who managed to get a place at one of the recruitment events and what date are you going ? cheers darren

    • 0 replies
    • 250 views
  14. jayhenn
    Started by jayhenn * ,

    does anybody now the recruitment process regarding the mod police?also if and when you are offered a post and you get to your 13 weeks training do they provide accomodation?

    • 8 replies
    • 5k views
  15. jon25771546081180
    Started by jon25771546081180,

    Hi Everyone, Im currently cabin crew and looking to change my career long term. I went for the MET to be a PC and failed by 2% i still want that career change. I have been offered PCSO. Do i take this offer do this for a year or so and then re-apply to become a an PC or wait untill they recruit again and stay as cabin crew? Also will it benefit me to do PCSO and give greater weight in my application to become a PC? I have untill Wednesday 21st to decide! Thoughts and ideas welcome!! J

    • 10 replies
    • 762 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.