Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Pvt Marcus
    Started by Pvt Marcus,

    Hello all I got a call this morning from the a lady at the Met Vetting team this morning asking about my last address, now i haven't received my A/C results yet, but does it perhaps mean i have passed if they are processing me for vetting? Many Regards Marcus

  2. andyb206
    Started by andyb206,

    Hi, I passed my medical for GMP last week and was wondering how long people have had to wait before getting any correspondence? I know I'm still waiting on my vetting but wondered if they'd be in touch inbetween? Anybody elses experiences would be apreciated Andy

    • 0 replies
    • 464 views
  3. scotspolice
    Started by scotspolice * ,

    Have got my final interview at Fettes on 3rd March any pointers would be a good help. Have been told if successful intake is april for Tulliallan anybody else going then.

    • 3 replies
    • 226 views
  4. cookerpebble
    Started by cookerpebble,

    Got my start date of 10th March with Northern Constabulary. Anyone else on here who is going to be at tulliallan from march.

  5. County Mounty
    Started by County Mounty,

    Found out today, I've been succesfull in transferring to the Met and starting at Hendon on 16 March. I'm re-locating to London with the wife and wanted to know if anyone could recommend any landlords, estate agents or other agencies that specialise in renting to cops. Would possibly consider house/flat share initially with other people in the job in a similar situation. Any info much appreciated.

  6. melf
    Started by melf * ,

    Hi, This is my first time on here. I was just wondering if anyone has heard back from Glos recruitment with regards to the conditional start date of March the 30th?? I recieved a letter over a month ago with this conditial start date pending checks etc however i have not heard anything since, has anyone else? Thanks mel

    • 1 reply
    • 372 views
  7. Hafizur
    Started by Hafizur,

    Ok people Just because the person who answered the phone at hendon said that the file was not updated yet, and just said that day1 was completed, doesnt mean that youve failed, does it? Just a lil curious, as some people were told that they had there day 2 booked, or even the vetting process was starting to commence, indicating that they have passed! I had my assesment day1 on the 22nd and still awaiting my results, some have even received there letters this morning! Please comment! Thanks H

  8. Gos24881546620432
    Started by Gos24881546620432,

    Hello all, trying to find info on CNC but very little appears to be known... Is this force worth pursuing, serving cop now. Any constructive comments would be appreciated... Thanks!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 786 views
  9. msowinsk
    Started by msowinsk,

    Hi Guys Just wondered if anyone received any info in the post yet?? I found out that I secured a place on the 26th of January, it said further detail will follow in the post but still haven't received anything.

    • 11 replies
    • 672 views
  10. Frog
    Started by Frog,

    I'm starting a new full-time job- but don't intend to stay on if I am successful with my police application. The police process takes so long that I need a temporary job until I know whether I have made the police or not. I hate lying, but I really can't tell them that I have a police assessment day, can I? ALL employers, in EVERY job, no matter how 'insignificant', only want people who are 100% committed. ALL bosses expect new employees to indicate at interview that: "I want to do this job as it's the best thing since sliced bread, I have no personal life outside work, I will commit myself 100% to the job, this job, and nothing but this job- and I will stay on…

  11. Frog
    Started by Frog,

    Don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but what about using CAPITAL LETTERS for the handwriting exercises? A silly question, maybe- but do capitals, where not required, count as spelling erros? If so, and only 4 mistakes are allowed, then surely by just writing the word "CAPITAL" would be an automatic fail? I'm just a bit concerned about this, because my neatest handwriting is in capitals. My normal handwriting is about average, and I'm a bit concerned that an examiner may mis-read some letters... anyone else got these concerns?

  12. minty
    Started by minty,

    Well, I am still waiting on my results from my day 1 assessment that i took on the 03.02.09...... They said it would be within two weeks and the posty has been and gone for today!! aaarrrrggghhhh i cant take it anymore!

  13. Victor95
    Started by Victor95,

    Hi, After 4 months since applying I have just received my A/C date and supporting docs. The letter states POLICE CONSTABLE, which is the position I applied for, howver the gudiance notes for the A/C process are for PCSO. Am I right in thinking the process etc is the same for both roles, and they have just thrown that in instead? because PCSO is not what i'm after. Thanks

  14. jaks101
    Started by jaks101,

    I just have one question. The questions that they ask regarding your competencys in the final interview, are they as simple as Think of i time when you have shown respect for race and diversity? which is quite fitting to most examples you can think up. or are they a little more complex and more specific, similar to the application form such as Recall of a time when you have challenged someones behaviour that has been bullying discriminatory or insensitive? thanks Karljaks101

    • 4 replies
    • 234 views
  15. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all just spoken to thames valley recruitment as i was attending an open day in highwycombe you will need to be aware of this if you live more than 20miles away outside the thames valley area you cannot be considered due to health and safety reasons so i cannot apply as i live 40 miles away just thought i would make you aware of this just incase your travelling up there

    • 6 replies
    • 547 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.