Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ico749
    Started by ico749,

    Hi, Does anyone have the number for the met careers team? I've tried ringing the number on their site (020 7161 0706) which just goes straight to some sort of mail box every time I try it. Has anyone had more luck on another number? Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 698 views
  2. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi guys i have just finished my competency questions but what i need to know is it just questions 1 to 4 that are jugded on you competency or is it all 10 of them ? just to let you know i havent got the application form yet so i do hope they havent changed the questions from the 2006 application form if anyone can shed any light for me that would be great many thanks darren

    • 4 replies
    • 405 views
  3. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I had my medical last week, but due to my length of sickness (due to glandular fever three/four years ago), occupational health want my complete medical history from my GP. I filled in my medical forms nearly two years ago when i first applied. But since having my medical last week i have thought of three things that i didn't include on my form. When i was 5 or 6 i fell off my bike and had to go to hospital becuase i had cut my face quite badly and they were worried about me having a fractured skill. Luckily i didn't and was sent home the same day. My gran reminded me of this tonight, when i explained what was going on with my medical. Also i went to my GP about…

  4. Welshy
    Started by Welshy,

    Hi all I recently found out that I'm starting training with the Met in the new year, but having only ever visited London 3 times (for open day, day 1, and day 2 assessments) I have no idea when it comes to choosing a borough. In my naivety, I put down Hackney, on the basis that I'd heard of it, however having spoken to a few people, I've found out that this might not be such a great idea... So can anyone suggest a good borough for a non-Londoner, country bumpkin type? Tall order I know! Thanks for any advice

  5. jonathan123456789
    Started by jonathan123456789,

    I got my formal offer last thursday to start on the 16th march, so am over the moon, filled in all the bits and bobs and sent them back, just wondering firstly, is anyone else starting on the 16th march? and secondly do i need to do anything before this date or just turn up at aylesbury college at 9:30 like the letter says?

    • 1 reply
    • 242 views
    jonathan123456789
  6. dazza84
    Started by dazza84,

    Hi all, Looking for a bit of advice as I sent off my application 3 weeks ago for l+b I thought I would phone recruitment to make sure they received it ok and to get an update. All the woman said was that they had received it and that a letter would be sent out today/tomorrow. Does this mean I have failed at the application stage seeing as she wouldn't confirm over the phone? Thanks Dazza

    • 3 replies
    • 272 views
  7. jamie22
    Started by jamie22,

    What did everyone use to help them disclose any information held about them? I used the subject access form, which told me what was held about me on the PNC and the scottish computer, but was wondering if that only declares some info, where as another form could disclose more?

    • 17 replies
    • 619 views
  8. ico749
    Started by ico749,

    I'm filling out the qualifications page on my met application form, but have found that there aren't enough small boxes in subject column to put the full title of my degree, or some of the A-Levels I've taken (ie Business Studies, 16 letters but only 15 little boxes to put them in) Has anyone else had a similar problem, if so how did you get around it? I've tried calling recruitment for advice but can't get through to them at the moment. Cheers,

    • 5 replies
    • 308 views
  9. seadweller
    Started by seadweller * ,

    Recently passed everything up until vetting. where I was turned down for a couple of charges, when I questioned recruitment about this I was informed that on the polce national computer I had no record and I was squeaky clean. But! on the Strathclyde police computer I had these two charges one dating from when I was 13 Q. If I apply to another branch or force ie nuclear or BT will these areas flag up or not or Is it only on Strathclydes computer

    • 7 replies
    • 600 views
  10. opc121177
    Started by opc121177,

    Hey Guys, I just wanted to start a topic on best reccomended study aids and possable preparation for Day1 Day2 for police officer recruitment. At the moment I have myself booked on a In2Police course and have "How to become a police officer" dvd on order, also with several books, just wanted to know your thoughts and what you found best. Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 322 views
  11. amyclaire
    Started by amyclaire,

    Just seeing who had their day 1 assessment in jan?? if any one did, has anyone received their results yet? i had my assessment 31st jan, and its killlllllling me waiting for them. they said within two weeks, some people have their results so i phoned recruitment being the impatient person i am to see if all the results had been sent out together and if there was a chance it could have got lost in the post... but no he said they all get sent out in dribs and drabs. dying to find out now if i'm in or not!

  12. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    I know I know in my own words etc. Police officers often need to remain calm and act logically and decisively in very difficult circumstances. I found on jointhejob.com 3 examples one being - Facing up to out of control personal debt. is that an okay example to use? if so how can that be broken down for the form. Police officers often work in teams and it is important that you are able to work well with others, and are willing to share in the less attractive jobs. can I use an example of the works childrens christmas party? It is vitally important that police officers show respect for others, irrespective of their background. Can I talk about working in a residentua…

  13. tubbymonster1545925594
    Started by tubbymonster1545925594,

    could anyone help? Given the time it takes during the recruitment process and the fact that nothing is gaurenteed until you get a confirmed start date. Are you aloud to apply for other jobs within west yorkshire police duing the recruitment??? The are some staff roles which look like an interesting option at the moment and obviously would be good if the Full time officer option went belly up

    • 1 reply
    • 757 views
  14. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    In 2003 there was a robbery at my place of work and I was the only one on duty. £3k was taken and I was interviewed, figure prints taken etc what should I do about this? I got stopped a while ago for not having a valid travel card, my details were taken and I received a letter which I returned explaining everything. I have since heard nothing. Should I ignore this?

    • 11 replies
    • 545 views
  15. Jarlak
    Started by Jarlak,

    As a soon to be student officer, I'm lapping all the information I can up. We've been asked to learn our initial 19 definitions, which I have. I'm not so great on which section and law they are under though. Firstly, do you think we'll be required to recite the law and section of the definition? Secondly, when an officer is arresting someone, are they obliged to state which law and year the crime is under? I see the guys on 'Street Crime UK' do this a lot, are they just showing off?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.