Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jamie22
    Started by jamie22,

    Hello, i have my intitial interview in three weeks, but my debt is beginning to worry me, i think it could prevent my entry into the police. I have a 2,000 overdraft, which is sitting at -1300, this will be clear by my interview though. I have 900 pound on a CC No loans However, i am in the middle of disputing a phone bill from orange, they want 600 pounds off me, but i am disputing that. So they put a default on my account. ive never missed a payment on my CC and have all my repayments under control. The wage i get from the police is the same as i currently get so i can still control it if i get the job. its just that one thing from orange that worries me. I have…

    • 5 replies
    • 685 views
  2. y2k
    Started by y2k,

    Help please My Dad moved to South Afirca after i had applied to join the force. i am not sure what to write on the vetting forms that i am supposed to take with me to the fittness test on 16th March. to make matters worse.... i now hear that he has 2 children with the maid... he knows about my police application and that i need details about his new family but becasue he does not want my mother or any of my siblings to know - he is refusing to tell me anything. i was told all this by a cousin, Dad will not confirm anything!! i am worried this will affect my police application and can be turned down becasue i do not know the names of my Dads new family members, let a…

  3. bobby2907
    Started by bobby2907,

    Hi All I'm about to start training soon and I was wondering, just out of interest, if getting 3 points on your licence after you already have a start date will affect you in any way...i.e. will your application be cancelled on the strength of that? I havent got any points, this is purely out of interest. i was debating it with a mate today and I am determined to find out the right answer. I hope there is someone who can help Thanks all

    • 3 replies
    • 676 views
  4. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi I have been spending ages trying to think up and RRD answer my interview question, normally there is always some challenging at some point which I am trying to avoid, I want the example to show where I have been mindful and respectful of someone's beliefs and views: "My Granddad had always been very active man and enjoyed taking many holidays in his retirement. He traveled all over the world to new destinations. Around 2 years ago he had a serious fall where he tripped over a step while in Mexico. He was badly hurt, he broke a number of ribs and punctured his lungs. His condition deteriorated a lot while in a Mexican hospital losing a lot of weight, eventually when h…

    • 1 reply
    • 125 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  5. sb194
    Started by sb194 * ,

    Hi all I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have my FIB for Leicestershire police at the beginning of March 09. Could anyone give me any advice on how to prepare for this and what type of questions I will be asked. I would really appreciate any suggestions. I didn't think they were going to ask the competency questions again but it looks like they will be. Many Thanks Steffi

    • 0 replies
    • 114 views
  6. YorkshirePud
    Started by YorkshirePud,

    Evening all. Just a quick question about this Info evenong. I'm applying for the Kent Police and have got thru the paper sift and now I have been invited to this evening. Any hints or clues as to what goes on and to expect? Cheers y'all

    • 4 replies
    • 508 views
  7. skabassman
    Started by skabassman,

    Can anyone answer a question on the shift patterns for the Community Policing teams in the Eastern division of Essex Police? I'm just coming to the end of initial training and we have been told we were recruited to go straight into Community Policing teams but they are not forthcoming on the shift patterns. I know how the pattern works for the Response teams but not the Community teams. Any help please.

    • 0 replies
    • 282 views
  8. Bournemouth Dom
    Started by Bournemouth Dom,

    Hello everybody, Anybody else attending the Hamp open day? Anybody know what to expect? what to wear?? Dom

    • 10 replies
    • 596 views
    Bournemouth Dom
  9. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all i will be attending one of the opening days for thames valley but not sure which one to go to ... is there anyone else attending from the south / hampshire area

    • 2 replies
    • 453 views
  10. jamie297
    Started by jamie297,

    Hi, got my application form back the other day and it says I have passed. Any idea how long it is 'till they invite me to an assessment centre? Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 758 views
  11. P4UL
    Started by P4UL,

    Hello Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone can tell me how well this answer with regards to RRD would score at the Assessment Centre Interview - It's more or less the answer I gave on my application, in which I received an A, so I don't see why I couldn't use the answer again at the Assessment Centre Even though I'm at University, I work part time in a turf accountants as well, an environment itself which can cause a large degree of frustration and anxiety amongst customers. It is important for employees to maintain a degree of professionalism, calmness and sensitivity at all times. I recall an incident where an elderly gentleman was having derogatory comments made…

    • 3 replies
    • 261 views
  12. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    ive been told i can not get rail travel with a police warrant card. is this correct or is their another way of discounted travel to duty?? many thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. st. anderson
    Started by st. anderson,

    just looking for opinions, feel free not to answer. i'm trying to look at my options and need some insight from the men and women in the job already. if you could join any police force in the UK, which one would you join and why? your choice doesn't have to be realistic, it just has to be the one you want. cheers

    • 10 replies
    • 665 views
  14. DeanSC
    Started by DeanSC,

    I have been away from this forum for quite some time now - trying to sort things out with the girlfriend etc. Anyways, I called my chosen force last Friday and today I received a phone call at 8.30 in the morning saying I will be invited to another fitness test on 3rd March 09. I asked what stage I was at as I hadn't heard anything for quite a while now... However, I am rather confused because when I rung Friday they queried the fact that I had been Security Check Cleared which is why I hadn't been given a Fitness Test date. I spoke to the woman today and she said it was a basic PNC check and that I would have to go through more checks etc, although I'm sure the forms I…

    • 2 replies
    • 550 views
  15. uneaubaine
    Started by uneaubaine,

    Hi All, i have just become a cropper to ligament damage in my right foot after managing to roll on it somewhat quite bad whilst out on a run last night (can't even blame the snow as there was none at this point!) I'm due to start my training on the 16th of feb and have our first fitness test on the 17th, so it gives me 9 days to heal and make sure i can walk. Am currently on crutches and am now seriously worried how this will affect my first week in regards to the fitness in case it hasn't healed in time, has anyone else had suffered with anything that could potentially stop them from participating and am i likely to get in trouble becuase of it? Thanks Ana

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.