Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Cleesor
    Started by Cleesor,

    Folks, Attention all those starting on the 6th April!!!! A night out to introduce ourselves has been discusssed on another thread. I am looking to find out who would be interested in meeting up somewhere in Glasgow city centre. Prob towards the middle to late March?? 1 Cleesor(Bob) I am thinking Counting House as it's very central. However, any suggestions welcome?? Let me know your thoughts? cheers Bob

    • 0 replies
    • 260 views
  2. AEG123
    Started by AEG123 * ,

    Hi, i'm interested in joining the police force (since I was 11 actually) and just want to know what the application process is like and how to prepare myself for that. Are there any particular areas of study that would be beneficial at all? And how did you find the process? Any thoughts would be much appreciated! P.S. i'm not quite old enough to apply just yet so have time for study - thanks!

    CM_8511546620330
  3. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Hi Can anyone tell me what the sickness limit and over what time scale it is for the metropolitan police?. Also if you have over the limit do they automatically fail you?. If so what happens, is it just a case of having to have no sick time off an reapplying once the sickness level falls over time? Thanks

  4. nickyk
    Started by nickyk,

    Does anyone have any experience with Wiltshire police? I have passed my medical and fitness and have been given a start date but have yet to receive a letter of appointment. Im now waiting for a date for a drugs test. I can't seem to find a forum where anyone is joining Wiltshire or had any experience with them!!!

    • 46 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. BLUE BLUES
    Started by BLUE BLUES,

    This is information I have gleaned from TVP recruiting department TVP is apparently looking to recruit 400 officers so unlike other forces is not likely to ditch current candidates from their books as they probably wont make the existing target of 400. I am awaiting my fitness test having passed the A/C on in Nov/Dec and am at the final stage of security vetting with a guesstimate of a start date in the June July Please be advised that having passed a fitness centre before it would take a miracle to fail the current test. People in my group (for another force I later chose not to join and thus have to redo the application process) passed with injuries. Indeed the only …

  6. Lightyear1546620274
    Started by Lightyear1546620274,

    Hey got my envelope today, I failed by 1% my overall was 49%, RRD 62% oral 87%, written 56% and I didnt get a D for RRD, NRT - C and VLRT - C 2 years of waiting for the next assesment and other stages.

  7. gsrr
    Started by gsrr * ,

    Hi Guys, I have my fitness test tonight at Jackton (don't have to do the written Exam) and I'm curious as to whether anybody could predict if it'll be indoor or outdoor / 1.5 mile run or bleep test. I have never ran the course but I am fairly confident as I can run 1.5 mile in under 10 mins without really pushing it too much, but only on a treadmill and that's my concern. I'm sure I'll lose some time if I run outside, especially in this weather due to breathing and muscle function. I have also heard the run at Jackton is longer than 1.5 miles and I know it is quite hilly - aspects I'm concerned could add a couple of minutes onto my time. Have a slight concern that if …

    • 9 replies
    • 211 views
  8. Gavin!
    Started by Gavin!,

    Im due to start as a regular PC on the 16th March with WYP. Is there any advice any existing officers can give as to what to expect? Anything extra to take with me? Anything extra to study? Any tips, advice or ideas appreciated! Thanks all Gavin

    • 4 replies
    • 621 views
  9. raz1888
    Started by raz1888,

    Hey guys, Just thought post reminder to anyone who forgot or hasnt heard yet. A few of us feb intake people are meeting friday 6th (tomorrow night) at the henglers circus on sauchiehall street between 7-8pm hope to see good few of you guys there. If anyone wants to pm me ill send them my mobile number so they can look out for us but we should be in big group near the back Ryan

    • 3 replies
    • 569 views
  10. Shiroll
    Started by Shiroll * ,

    Hi, I have tried so many products for losing weight. But so far I haven’t found any products which give good results without any side effects. Now, I'm looking for products that have no side effects and can help me to control my weight. Can anyone help me?

    • 20 replies
    • 533 views
  11. kelly87
    Started by kelly87 * ,

    hey all, anyone waiting for west mids to open applications??.. if so i just went on their website and there are 2 recruitment days. 23rd and 27th feb. you need to register, is anyone going ?? im at the 27th day so might see some of you there?

    • 0 replies
    • 259 views
  12. pfraser
    Started by pfraser * ,

    Hello All I am new to the forum Few questions about joining the force. I have been thinking about working for the Police for a really long time - well who here hasn't - But yeah there is always but I am not British but I do live here for over 4 years and my country (Poland) does belonge to EU. Have I got any chances? Has a non-british persone got any chances? Next is references - i don't really have any... Well besides au-pair work, after that - marridge and a little child and no no no working So what about no references? And, my husband has quite a lot debt... It was all made before our relationship started, so...? Does that matter? And he was also in prisi…

    • 1 reply
    • 313 views
  13. LittleSisterchen
    Started by LittleSisterchen,

    Hello everybody, Just wondering if anyone here could tell me more about EU citizens in police. I'm a 29 year old female from Latvia and I have my day 1 on the 23rd of March. I'm graduating this year with a degree in Psychology and Criminology (well, hopefully I won't have to re-take any of my assessments...). As for the assessment centre, the role play and written exercises make me nervous. English is not my native so I have to think that I will not perform at my best. Of course, I will prepare thoroughly but still... Please, share your experience and knowledge on this topic. It will be highly appreciated. :) Thank you in advance!

    LittleSisterchen
  14. jolaw24
    Started by jolaw24,

    I had my final interview last week for Merseyside. The first 3 questions were okay and then the second interviewer (a super) seemed to rag me at every opportunity. At one point he started to be very sarcastic. - Has anyone else had similar? I think I may have failed cause I was a stuttering idiot

  15. bob1
    Started by bob1,

    Do you think it would look bad (or are you not allowed) to use the same example twice in the interview? Not the exact example obviously but similar! I worked as a part of a bomb disposal team in the army and i'm trying to prepare for my interview. Attending and disposing of a bomb fits really well in to two of the competencies. I could use a different example but these ones hit all the positive indicators. What do you think? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 156 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.