Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. dguk08
    Started by dguk08,

    Do I need the EXACT dates of previous jobs?I know months but in only a few cases do I know the day. I had one job in a pub in 1999 or 2000 but I can't remember more than that, don't remember the name it could have closes or gotten a new owner by now. Also between Oct 2002 & Jun 2003 I lived in Ports month and had 2 jobs. One a care job I don't remember the dates the other all I remember is that I left in June 2003 when I moved to London ( don't even remember the name of the place) Will these issues become a problem later on?

    • 7 replies
    • 523 views
  2. ff7739
    Started by ff7739 * ,

    Hello fellow letter box watchers!! Anyone who attended the recent cumbria accessment centre got their results back yet???

    • 8 replies
    • 619 views
  3. rogue0809
    Started by rogue0809,

    Hey guys! Well I’m currently in the process of awaiting my A/C results for Sussex and fingers crossed all that goes well but there is something I would like to know as I know different constabularies have different stages in the process where they do things. The one I would like to know is the security vetting for Sussex. Now I know I received a sheet of paper from Sussex and it told me the different stages. Step 1 SSQ, step 2 Application, step 3 Security Vetting, step 4 A/C, step 5 Reference Checks, step 6 Medical, step 7 Fitness, Step 8 Uniform kitting, and step 9 your start date. As I have done the A/C this would leave me to believe that they have done the vetting…

    • 4 replies
    • 428 views
  4. Jimbo1234
    Started by Jimbo1234,

    Hi all I am new to the site having just been informed I've passed my day 1 with flying colours!! Day 2 is next month so fingers crossed. In the pack I've just received there is a form for business interests. I own a property that I rent out (plan to sell if and when the market changes!), will I need to declare that and do you think it will have any effect on my application? Cheers in advance for your help! Jim

    NeeNaw1545925537
  5. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi All I am going to apply to be a police officer having failed once before. I have a question regarding the application form; specifically regarding the communication competency. The question is regarding telling a group or individual something that they might have found upsetting or diffucult to hear. I was involved in a situation at work where a individual at work had a severre body odour problem. Team members and customers were commenting on this and i had to tactfully tell the person re their personal hygiene. I told them individually in a one to one. Does this sound appriopriate? all my work is my own experience and in my own words however i was wondering is this…

    • 5 replies
    • 464 views
  6. andy_w
    Started by andy_w,

    Hi, I will make myself seem really silly now but I am completing my Forms for my medical on the 12th. The two Capita Health forms I have ask for my Employer details not sure this is relevant, and I would think it is asking for the people who are sending me for the medical? Has anyone filled these forms out what did you put? I will phone recruitment to make sure for just wanted your views. Cheers Andy

    • 1 reply
    • 164 views
  7. Crouchie101
    Started by Crouchie101,

    Hi Thought it was about time I de-lurked and said hello - hopefully more will follow! Has anyone else had this date through?

  8. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Report By: dazzer34 Report For: Operations Manager Date: 06.02.09 Purpose of Report: Preventing a recurrence of a failed fire drill. I am writing this report in response to the failed fire drill that happened on the 06/02/09 I would like to apologise for the failure of yesterdays fire drill. I have made it my personal responsibility to look into what and why the fire drill had failed and after speaking to several members of staff who tell me that they were unsure in what to do because they were not given sufficient training in dealing with fire drills. as i can fully appreciate how frustrating this must have been for other members of staff who have worked as …

  9. elegost123
    Started by elegost123,

    Hi i'm a new user and have my medical coming up fairly soon and would just like a heads up on what to expect. I have applied for Greater Manchester Police and was wondering if I will have a problem with a knee injury that I suffered last year. Also, what else happens during the medical, for example, do you have to do a full frontal, do you have a drugs test, if so what do they test you on etc.? Thanks in advance.

  10. bobby2907
    Started by bobby2907,

    I AM LOOKING FOR OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THEIR MET START DATE DELAYED FROM THE 9TH FEB TO 16TH MARCH, OR ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE.

  11. penn83
    Started by penn83,

    Has anyone else had confirmation of 9th Feb start, had the call today, just have to wait for it in writing to believe it!

  12. ZombieAndy
    Started by ZombieAndy,

    Im working through my books now and trying to answer interview questions for myself, and there's one in particular which i ALWAYS struggle on and its "What could you bring to the police force?", i never understand what they mean by questions like this? Are they asking about personal qualities or professional standards? My answer would probally be something like: I Have a good understanding of the local community and i am good at building bridges and gaining people's trust, which is a skill i have learnt from my previous employment which we get all kinds of useful information from the local community. I also work well within a team and quickly take on new skills and role…

    • 4 replies
    • 252 views
  13. Calder27
    Started by Calder27,

    So yeah, as the title says I'm starting to get a bit of a cold, blocked nose, sore throat etc, and have my medical on Wednesday. Assuming it doesn't clear up will this prevent me from fulfilling any of the requirements? Just wanting to know whether I'll have to rearrange it or not. Oh and it's for the specials at Strathclyde if that has any relevance. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 130 views
  14. Laura83
    Started by Laura83,

    Hi I am starting training on Feb 9th with Merseyside Is any one else starting in my intake? Thanks Laura

    • 20 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Chocka
    Started by Chocka,

    Hey all, I had my Day 1 for the Met on 15/01, has anybody that went that day heard anything yet? Is it normal to have not heard anything? My fitness was booked for 16/02 Thanks,

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.