Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Lilly1546620342
    Started by Lilly1546620342 * ,

    Does anyone know whether you can apply at the same time for both the PCSO & Police Oficer roles or is it one or the other?

    • 6 replies
    • 575 views
  2. bob_hoskins
    Started by bob_hoskins,

    Hi all, I managed to get through Day 1 and am now awaiting a new Day 2 date. Any advice and tips on what i need to take etc.. bob

    • 3 replies
    • 462 views
  3. captainconehead
    Started by captainconehead,

    Question "Can you tell me about the issues surrounding diversity of culture in the local community" Any pointers on where I could look up answers to this question? I know RRD will feature heavily on the day so I want to be prepared for all sorts of curveball questions.

    • 0 replies
    • 131 views
    captainconehead
  4. Danny 30
    Started by Danny 30,

    Hi People Can anyone give any advice on how to prepare for these tests thanks? Is there a certain layout to keep in mind. Does anyone know what percentage these tests go towards your final pass mark. Any advice would be much appreciated. cheers

    • 12 replies
    • 797 views
  5. Just Hector
    Started by Just Hector,

    Hi, are there any recent transferees or rejoiners to The Met who are able to give me some information on the process and timescale. I am an ex officer with nearly 17 years previous service. I am still within the Home Office limits for returning to the Service. I've applied to rejoin recently and I would welcome any feedback on your experiences. I am aware of the transferee/rejoiner event on 1/03 at Bushey Sports Club. Hector

    • 0 replies
    • 582 views
  6. rotorrottie
    Started by rotorrottie,

    Is anybody waiting for a start date at Herts?

    • 4 replies
    • 363 views
  7. walfordm
    Started by walfordm,

    I am still waiting for start date. I had my medical back in november, I am going mad.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Interested Party
  8. Hafizur
    Started by Hafizur,

    Hi everyone! <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> I’ve passed the 1st stage in the paper application sift, and have a day1 assessment at Hendon on the 22nd of January 2009, and am wondering if anyone will be going too. I will also be attending the Met support session at the <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />EmpressStateBuilding on the 5th of January at 2pm. Thanks, Hafizur Hafizur2008-12-20 16:28:08

  9. Tough-Cookie
    Started by Tough-Cookie,

    Hi all, last month I applied to go on a recruitment seminar for a student officer, which unfortunately I didn't make it onto I know it will vary from place to place but I was just wondering if anyone knew how regularly this opportunity arises, as I would like to try again but not sure how long it will be before the window opens up again for recruitment?

  10. cjpearce66
    Started by cjpearce66,

    Hi all, I recently had my interview and got a pass mark of 61%. I was just wondering what anyone else got who recently had their interview? Also does anyone know how long the wait is between now and the medical & physical tests? Cheers, Chris.

  11. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi Could anyone tell me if you apply for thames valley police where would you do your assesment centre and training. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 440 views
  12. richie991546620414
    Started by richie991546620414,

    Has anybody hada positive time with the btp poolice officer recruitment process I know its long from what ive read but just wondered if anybody on here has seen the light at the end of the tunnell, iam proberly going to transfer my application from met to btp as failed by 1% for the met and dont think kent will accept 54% oveall score

    • 3 replies
    • 183 views
  13. Ang-21
    Started by Ang-21,

    Hey every1, I recieved a letter yest (sat) telling me that i will be 1 of 155 new recruits undertaking the bespoke training course at Jackton instead of initially going to Tulliallan. Just wondering who else is in this position and what they think of it? Angie x

    • 6 replies
    • 978 views
  14. Brig
    Started by Brig * ,

    Hello I am thinking about applying to the MET as a new Constable but I have a few worries about the qualifications. Firstly I'm born in Sweden but have been living in London for the last 5 years with my wife who was born in London. Even though I have been living here for 5 years I can't think of what kind of proof I could show that I have apart from my emigration documents from the Swedish authorities. I made a big mistake when I first moved over and did not open a bank account straight away. Instead I used my wife's account so I have only had my own bank account for about 8 months. Because of that I cannot show statements for 3 years. Also we now live with my mother…

  15. Green-Monkey
    Started by Green-Monkey,

    I weigh about 58Kg would that make it harder to pass the push, pull and grip tests? Is there a machine at the gym i can use to test my grip or to improve it? How can i get myself strong enough to pass the push/pull?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.