Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MrSifter
    Started by MrSifter,

    Ronseal. I haven't heard anything since completing the fitness test back in January is this usual, has anyone else had any correspondence? Cheers Sifter

    • 1 reply
    • 359 views
  2. adz10001
    Started by adz10001,

    Hi all, I'm coming to the end of my training next week and I've got an exam at the end that is all about what we have learnt over the last 6 and a half months but mostly focuses on law. I'm pretty confident that I'll pass but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find any scenario style questions that are multiple choice answers just so I can test myself or any other way I can do it ? Thanks Adam.

  3. zippy8165
    Started by zippy8165 * ,

    i want to apply to become a special constable but i had a caution for Possession of marajuana 6 years ago will my application be sucessful?

    • 6 replies
    • 644 views
  4. Sammy46
    Started by Sammy46,

    Recently received my results from Derbyshire Constabulary and i have failed at the assessment centre. The pass mark sits at 60% and i only got 58%. Therefore i am looking at transfering my application. Can you name me some forces that are preferabley in the Midlands for example Nottingham? Staffordshire? Even the London Metropolitian and just want to transfer my application and keep on going with it. So can you guys help? Thanks Sam

    • 10 replies
    • 963 views
  5. kayleigh2828
    Started by kayleigh2828,

    does anyone know if it is worth appealing if I fail my day 1

    • 3 replies
    • 169 views
    Tim in the South
  6. jamie22
    Started by jamie22,

    Hello everyone, what is involved in the medical? Do they require you to become "naked" or remove any piece of clothing? rumour i heard, and wanted to clear it up? Not exactly something i am comfortable with infront of a stranger.....

    • 2 replies
    • 369 views
  7. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Just a query really, on the application form it states that one of your references has to be your most recent employer. I have two concerns with this, firstly, my most recent employer at the time of filling in the form is no longer my most recent employer (as I have been temping since last September!) Secondly, the person who would be providing my reference from the employer that I put on the form has a chequered past to say the least (during the year I was at the company she was in court almost every other week for various things) Will the validity of the referee be looked into or will they simply read the reference and be done with it? Also, is it worth me calling …

    • 1 reply
    • 342 views
  8. meg79
    Started by meg79,

    Is there anybody here who can shed some light on what to expect at the FIB? I want to start preparing for it, but have no idea where to start. I have heard that it involves about 45mins of more competency based questions, but need to clarify this. The last thing I want to happen is to fail at this hurdle. Many thanks for any advice in advance, Meg. x

  9. SG
    Started by SG,

    Just wondered if anyone has made the move (or considered) leaving wherever they may be in the south for a possibly different life up North? Possibly somewhere completely different from where they live now. It is something my wife and I have discussed to do in next 10 or so years, not in terms of financial reasons (particularly in the current economic climate) but in relation to quality of life and bringing up children etc. I would probably consider living somewhere vaguely peaceful but would still want to work for one of the larger forces. And I wouldn't particularly want to do it unless I was able to get a promotion on the transfer. Any thoughts/opinions gratefully r…

  10. County Mounty
    Started by County Mounty,

    Recently applied for transfer to the MET's CO6 Diplomatic Prtoection Group. Passed interview and medical and just waiting for vetting. Anyone here get through and waiting for vetting and have you heard anything yet? Cheers County Mounty

  11. lynny
    Started by lynny,

    What should I expect in my first day/week? Very excited but also very nervous, any advice or tips I'd be very grateful for :)

  12. dangerdan
    Started by dangerdan,

    Put down that I had spent 8 months abroad traveling (6 months of which I stayed at a Muay Thai Boxing Camp/Gym) and now recruitment have asked me to provide evidence that I didn't get into trouble whilst away.... Going to struggle on this one I think...

    • 9 replies
    • 856 views
  13. Tip-Top

    Hello, I'm starting the west mids on the 9th of march, i attended a induction evening on Tuesday where i was handed a assignment to complete which is on a CD-ROM, Ive placed it in my pc and started to have a read through it. Am i right in thinking that i need to print off a 80 page journal, then as i work through the cd i complete the journal...? because the problem is i cant seem to print off the journal to complete, is anyone else have the same problem or do i have a dodgy cd??? Many Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 450 views
  14. dt2008
    Started by dt2008,

    Hi, Does anyone have the audio probationer training cds and would they be willing to sell them as i really want them to use at the same time as my studying from text. Its 69.99 on the website which is quite expensive. Cheers

  15. gus1
    Started by gus1,

    I'm one of the 155 being held back for the bespoked course at Jackton, does anyone know what the course entails and how they choose who remain at Jackton and who go onto Tulli. ?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.