Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Does anyone know what the pass marks are for the MOD police AC.Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 131 views
  2. tweetyfoo
    Started by tweetyfoo,

    Hi all I'm applying for Strathcyle Police. I got the date through for my fitness and SET tests today, so want to start preparing for interviews etc, as I dont think you get much time after the tests to prepare for your first interview. I am more than happy to put in the study time to learn as much as I need to know and have found some very useful information within the forum (thank you all). I still have a couple of questions * When learning about my division - do I need to learn in detail the 'sub divisions' as my division has 3 sub divisions - should I just swot up on the area I live in * Are probationers linked to a Police Office, Subdivision or division - i.e. do…

    • 0 replies
    • 304 views
  3. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi guys quick one for the people in the know...... once you are in and you have moved from your home town and renting a property and you find that you maybe are able to pay rent and your bills but it didnt leave you with much and things were tough so you take out a debt management plan. how would your respective force view this? would they throw you out? would you have to discuss it with seniors first? thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 604 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  4. Iceman_gooner
    Started by Iceman_gooner,

    Hi, I'am a little confused with how the number of intakes works. I've been told that the force that I'am applying to (West Mercia), take on 20 people per intake and run 6 intakes a year. With passing the assessment day with 60% or more and presuming that you are medically sound and pass the fitness test, what is stopping more than 20 people passing and making it through? IcemanIX2009-02-12 20:56:54

    • 0 replies
    • 401 views
  5. CM_8511546620330
    Started by CM_8511546620330,

    Hi all I shall be starting training with the Met on the 16th March. The thing is I have a baby due on the 26th Feb (C Sec so definitely no later). My question really is, will it really be possible to juggle things, I know most people would not be in the same situation but I understand that the training is intensive and will require a great deal of revision. I believe that I can do this and happen to know of a couple of people in the same boat (strangely) but I have just spoken to recruitment who have tried to persuade me to delay my start. This will be very difficult as I have already given my notice but if it is going to jeopardise my learning then I will have to fin…

    lcol981546081060
  6. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hey, been trying to keep my excitment locked up but only 5 weeks until my start date!!! im very excited and nervous.... probably going to be the longest 5 weeks of my life.

    • 2 replies
    • 360 views
  7. jamesbyfordessex
    Started by jamesbyfordessex,

    Question for all Warwickshire Police candidates: When are the start dates due? I applied back in Feb 2006, passed the assessment, medical etc, but everthings come to a holt. To top it all off, I've just been made redundant from work, so I don't really know what to do. Cheers, J

  8. Gaz5279
    Started by Gaz5279,

    Hi Was just wondering if anyone has recieved their westshire pack for nxt week? ive already printed one out but so dont really need it but havent been sent one through the post which i thought everyone did. thanks

    • 17 replies
    • 270 views
  9. dalboy
    Started by dalboy,

    Hi, Just a little post to find out who will be joining me on the 16TH March @ Aylesbury college, TVP? Dalboy

    jonathan123456789
  10. Northern
    Started by Northern,

    I would appreciate some advice please. Me and my wife are expecting (its only very early so The job are not yet aware). We are both originally from outside of the London where I serve in the Met. My wife really wants to spend her maternity leave in Lancashire and expects me to transfer to GMP or Lancashire for upto 12 months. This is mainly for financial reasons and we have no support network in London. The shifts appear to be slightly more child friendly based on the above information - hard to believe then look at the Met's! Would the met accommodate this secondment based on the circumstances and would I be able to transfer back to the Met with ease. I hav…

  11. hansolo101
    Started by hansolo101,

    Hi, I know there are a lot of details that cannot be retold about what happens during the day one at Hendon. But, I am not sure what to expect at all with a few things. The verbal and numerical tests seem straightforward in terms of preparation but with regard to the two 20 minute written exercises and the four interactive exercises, is there any advice that can be given that would help me in preparing in the right way so I can do my best on the day as I am a bit lost with it? Thanks, as I am a bit worried about it. Additionally, I did not have to fill in the comp. questions on the application form as I was told to write "graduate" in each field. Do I have to do this …

  12. matelot87
    Started by matelot87,

    HI guys i am a real new one to all this police stuff, other than having friends in the force and having worked with the police during my navy career i am a police virgin. So, in 18 months i will be leaving the glorious RN and will be embarking on the long walk down civvy street. I want to get into law enforecment or that arena but i would like to do something a bit unique. I have a degree in engineering, experience in boats, ships, customs, counter drugs, firearms, intelligence and tactical/ CT work. I am a young male up for a challenge so id give anything a go. So basically i want to know what jobs i can apply for that may interest me that i might not have heard abou…

    • 16 replies
    • 3.1k views
  13. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    Hi I handed in my medical questionnnaire at my local surgery yesterday and the receptionist couldn't tell me how much it was. So after speaking to her colleague she suggested i paid the max £35!!!!!! and if after its completion it turns out that it cost less they should give me my money back. Does anyone know how much the form actually is? I don't want to get ripped off.

  14. Georgie1545925588
    Started by Georgie1545925588,

    Heeeeey! As it says in the topic i found out today that ive passed the assessment centre! I am really happy, but was shocked to say the least when it stated that my medical/final fitness will be on friday 20th Feb(next week!), and my final board meeting weds 25th Feb!! Cant believe how soon it is and how close they are together! But would rather get them out of the way! so two weeks from today i will know whether or not im in for defo, to start in April! My overall was 60% pass, RRD 67% Oral 93% Written 89% Just wondered if anybody else has got their results back yet from January assessment centres! Good luck to you all! :-)

    Georgie1545925588
  15. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all i have been doing a few of my own scenarios regarding the role plays to practice with and i know 5 minutes doesnt seem a long time but when i have been doing a test of my own 5 minutes seem to take a long time to pass.... also does anyone know when the 5 minute time starts is it the minute you walk through the door or when you have started to ask your first question or introduced yourself in the scenarios room if anyone can clear this one up for me that would be great

    • 6 replies
    • 322 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.