Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Random question....but if accepted, do you have to buy your own uniform and equipment etc ?

  2. jenz
    Started by jenz,

    Hi, please could someone who has been recently tell me what time it is likely to finish - trying to sort out lifts!! Many thanks, Jenz

  3. tshark
    Started by tshark,

    Hi, I'm transferring my assessment centre grade to Essex and wanted to know how long i will have to wait for fitness and medical? Has anyone passed an assessment centre with Essex and waiting for dates? or have dates for that matter?

    • 4 replies
    • 424 views
  4. huggy
    Started by huggy,

    Was just wondering of anyone is attending Hendon on the 18th for their Day 1. If you are, how is your prep going?

    • 0 replies
    • 239 views
  5. rachel669
    Started by rachel669,

    Hey everyone, I had my assessment day on the 29th January for West Mercia. I don't feel too confident about it and think it will be bad news but really want to put my mind at rest!! Did anyone else have their assessment centre day around this time? And if so does anyone know when we get the results? Im so nervous, can't think about anything else, I just want the letter to come!

    • 3 replies
    • 223 views
  6. Geohay
    Started by Geohay,

    I am currently a student at Cardiff University in my final year and I am considering applying to the police. However around 4 months ago I ruptured my ACL playing basketball. I have only just had the MRI scan and I am awaiting consultation about what to do next. There is a possibility that I will need an operation and won't be able to participate in any sporting activity for over a year. Will this affect my medical? Will I be rejected because of my knee problems? Before the accident I was extrememly active and healthy, playing basketball 3 times a week and regularly jogging as well as completing a half marathon in October. Currently I can still run in straight line fo…

  7. lcol981546081060
    Started by lcol981546081060,

    Did anyone else have their Day 2 for the MET on Monday 19th January?

    lcol981546081060
  8. lcol98
    Started by lcol98,

    Did anyone else have their Day 2 for the MET on Monday 19th January?

  9. spanik
    Started by spanik,

    I attended the met A/C on 16 January and received my results on 6 February. I've passed with 59%. I'm really chuffed but also confused as I thought the passrate was 60%....?

    • 4 replies
    • 434 views
  10. NatNat29
    Started by NatNat29,

    Whoopie - so pleased I found today I have passed my papersift! So one part done - just the next stages to climb! FIngers crossed for me! I am police staff already (control room for 3 years) but want to be a Police Officer and now I am working towards the goal! Sorry to rant - just wanted to share :-) hehe

    • 13 replies
    • 834 views
  11. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Useful document, maybe? http://www.concept2.co.uk/docs/dyno/dyno_training_guide.pdf

    • 1 reply
    • 225 views
  12. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Can anyone help me and tell me if they know where there is a dyno machine in Newcastle Upon Tyne? Thanks Gary

    • 2 replies
    • 212 views
  13. Andyr
    Started by Andyr,

    I had my Day 1 on the 6th December, phoned the recruitment centre today to get my results and I failed by 2%, I am well and truly gutted, just have to wait now for the feedback to see where I messed up. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> Oh well, only 6 months and I can apply again that should cover the resilience part of the Core Competencies, I hope.

  14. gus1
    Started by gus1,

    I got the letter about the bespoke training course, does anyone know what the course entails and how they choose who remain at jackton and who go to Tulli??

    • 0 replies
    • 362 views
  15. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    I have a choice.... I was lucky enough to get an application form from Staffs when they opened recruitment for one day on Thursday, but fancy the Met too. The cost of living worries me about the Met, as does a potential house share with people who are incompatible with a) the police and b) shift work. The cost of living in London is at polar opposites to Newcastle - my current 3 bed flat is worth £70k and near shops, a metro station, library, a police station and several great bus routes. A similar flat in Hammersmith etc (google says they are comparative areas) would be triple this. Staffs recruitment said something about living in the area - does that mean to appl…

    The Greater Good +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.