Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bluekipper1
    Started by bluekipper1,

    Can anybody recommend a good book that would be useful for a student officer?

    • 4 replies
    • 788 views
  2. kurtstrong
    Started by kurtstrong,

    Im very much interested and currently working through my application to join M.O.D police force, id also considert the West Midlands as its my local force. Though from research so far I found It is really something I would love to do. How do you think it affects your social life? If you got in, what changes happend for you? If im all honest, I dont think will make much changes for me, I'm thinking of people with partners or families.

    • 5 replies
    • 748 views
  3. beady
    Started by beady,

    hi have got through the paper sift stage , and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice,i was diagnosed with epilepsy almost ten years ago and have been controlled with medication ever since, i am aware that the police arenot excempt from the discrimination act but wanted to know if any one had any idea whether this would affect my application ? like i say i am fully controlled and have full driving licence

  4. bigyin74
    Started by bigyin74,

    I just received word today that my assessment centre is on the 16th January. Does anyone else have the same date as me? If so? it'd be nice to hear from you all. Dave.

    • 6 replies
    • 191 views
  5. minty
    Started by minty,

    Hi guys, I passed all my checks etc and have been in invited to the day 1 assessment at Hendon on the 03/02/09. I was wondering if anyone on here will be attending? Thanks Minty

  6. lee j
    Started by lee j * ,

    just wondering where you do your 2 year probation period for modp

    • 0 replies
    • 432 views
  7. lee j
    Started by lee j * ,

    just wondering where you do your 2 year probation period

    • 0 replies
    • 266 views
  8. Gooner
    Started by Gooner,

    Frog, Have you been kissed by a princess and jumped away to happy ever after? I thought you would be on hear croacking on about your ac day? How did it go?

  9. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    ... to those doing their Assessment Day in Essex tomorrow. I hope you make the best of it.

  10. bobby2907
    Started by bobby2907,

    anyone starting PC training for the Met on the 16th March?

    • 1 reply
    • 379 views
    bobbiesbobbies *
  11. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Hi there was just wondering id Northumbria have a second interview or a local interview? Can anyone help? Thanks Gary

    • 1 reply
    • 109 views
  12. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Hi to all, I had a hearing test with west mids police on monday and failed.... I'm so gutted, the nurse said she will speak with the head of the department and get her opinion. I have always had trouble with my ears but it does not effect my every day life, I work on the phone every day at work and I have no problems hearing people. I know the police have regulations they have to stick to but do you think they will give me a different test??? I am also witing to see a consultant about having surgery performed to sort my ears out. I am ment to be getting a call tomorrow so I'll have to discuss it with her but I just thought someone may be able to shed some light on my …

    • 5 replies
    • 337 views
  13. peter1984
    Started by peter1984,

    hi all, just filling out my vetting forms for northumbria police and im a bit stuck with regards to the documents you need to provide as proof of identity (Passport) and proof of address (Utility Bill). On the guidance notes it says ''you should take a copy of each of the pieces of documentation you are submitting and attach them to the back of form RV11'' Does anyone know if this means as well as the originals or as an alternative??? i juts found it hard to belive they would look accept a photo copy of a passport!!! pete.

    • 3 replies
    • 687 views
    paulw1546620052
  14. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Application Form...'Do you have any relative or associate, who you know or have reason to believe has criminal convictions, or is engaged in criminal activites, OR is a person who regularly associates with such persons?' A couple of my friends indulge in the odd 'smoking weed session'...should i be putting this on the form?

  15. chris1978
    Started by chris1978,

    Hi there, I have my final interview for strathcclyde police next week,can anyone guide me as to what to study?? hoping ot can keep the nerves down!! thanks!

    • 0 replies
    • 118 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.