Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. domb
    Started by domb,

    Hi, I need some advice from anyone up at police college or who has been recently. I've passed by fitness and initial interview and am waiting for my final interview back/background checks to be completed. My questions is what physical demands will be made of me at tulliallan (assuming im sucessful). I sailed through the 1.5 after much training and wonder how much fitter i need to become at police college. The reason i ask is because i lost i lot of weight laying off the weights and running instead in pre for the test. I now really want to start putting some muscle back on now im nice and lean but dont want to hamper my chances of doing well at any fitness tests up there…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  2. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Are there any concerns over sleeve tattoos? I know that as long as tattoo's arent offensive etc. then they are considered ok, but a sleeve would probably raise a lot more eyebrows right?

    • 2 replies
    • 473 views
  3. tshark
    Started by tshark,

    Hi all, I passed my assessment centre with Suffolk (as i live in Ipswich) in November last year and have been waiting for a date for final interview. I received a letter yesterday stating the number of officers is higher than permitted and a decision has been made that there are only two intakes in 2009. April is full and even if i pass final interview we can't guarantee you a place in September! My dilema is if i fail my final interview in April (which they say is the likely month) I will have to wait 6 months to re-apply and my assessment mark runs out in November. So i'm considering transfering to Essex which i've been told i can do. They don't have a final interview …

  4. 4_pint_foss
    Started by 4_pint_foss,

    hi, can anyone tell me where the training centre is for lancashire police? i'm in the process of applying at the moment, but couldn't find this information out. also if you have to commute to the training centre, do you get reimbursed for travel costs? thanks luke

  5. mikkg
    Started by mikkg * ,

    Hi all, Im new to this site so firstly hello! Im hoping someone can give me a little advice. Im 22, working full time in an alarm receiving centre. My whole life I have always wanted to be a police officer and I currently filling in the app form now. The thing is I realised it might be better to try for a special officers position instead of a police officer because it may be easier to get in and it would give me a good impression of life as a police officer. I have heard though that if you get in to being a special (with l and b) it is very very difficult to progress into a full time job. Also the fact I am still a young man they will think I do not have enough expe…

  6. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    hey just wondering how i get the little thing on the bottom of my posts with my progress???? i.e. application sent: app received app passed ac: fitness bla bla bla... ***** with this computer business! lol x

  7. cagney1546620406
    Started by cagney1546620406 * ,

    I have my assessment centre in February for WYP. Can anyone advise me what is the dress code.

    • 10 replies
    • 876 views
  8. kayleigh2828
    Started by kayleigh2828,

    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE PASS PERCENTAGE IS NOW????

    • 3 replies
    • 199 views
  9. Dirt_Monkey_11546620294
    Started by Dirt_Monkey_11546620294,

    Is there anyone on here who has passed the fitness test at Durham. I have mine on the 30th of this month and would just like to know if you do your own warmup, or the instructors take you through one, and if so what does it entail? Cheers in advance Jason

    • 8 replies
    • 154 views
  10. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    HI ALL JUST TO MAKE YOU AWARE THAT SUSSEX POLICE ARE RECRUITING FROM TODAY 26th UNTILL THE 30TH JANUARY.... im posting this as the website www.policecouldyou.co.uk has not been updated as yet just incase you are using that website to check which forces are recruiting oh yes anfd to apply to sussex YOU MUST live in the sussex county (they will not accept anyone from outside the county) GOODLUCK PEEPS

    • 18 replies
    • 823 views
  11. toola
    Started by toola,

    Could someone please remind me what this RAPPAS stands for, as I am filling in my application form and cannot find my notes. Many thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 133 views
  12. mmmo2
    Started by mmmo2,

    Hi all, Hopefully someone else will be in the same predicament as myself. I have just noticed on the policecouldyou website that Leicestershire are recruiting until January 2010 and i wish to apply to become a police officer; The website tells me i need to attend a recruitment seminar to get an application pack yet their online diary says there is only dates for 'Special constable recruitment seminars' in the foreseeable future. Does this mean i cannot get an application pack or would it be worth writing to them to request one? Thanks

  13. Emily-Elizabeth
    Started by Emily-Elizabeth,

    Hiya, Where I live at the moment I am within 5 miles of each of the above police force areas, and not sure which is the best to go for? What puts me off Essex police is whenever I see Essex officers out and about in cars they always seem to be single crewed compared to Met where they seem to be buddied up with someone else. I never seem to see Herts police to see if they on their tod or not. I am told that Met pays the most, but that isn't a huge motivation to me because if I was with Essex/Herts I could live further away from London and have a cheeper and nicer exsistance, but I am also told that the chance to specilise is better with the Met. Anyone have any ideas …

  14. saxyt1546620205
    Started by saxyt1546620205,

    Applied in June 2007 Passed paper sift and assesment Dec19th 2007 Passed fitness April 21th 2008 Passed medical September 19th 2008 Recieved provisional offer of employment subject to vetting october 9th 2008 Passed vetting and received final offer Dec 17th 2008 Started training 22nd Dec 2008 Sworn in (Warrant card) 24th Dec 2008 (What a fab xmas present) and first fitness test I am now in my second week of training and loving it, no issues with the uniform it fits fine, including the female trousers. I didn't buy the boots on offer, my husband broke a pair of Doc's in for me. The fitness test in week one is a piece of cake if you prepare, but push youself to the…

  15. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all another question is there anywhere i can get or website i can see any role-play samples as i know roughly what to expect but would like to see a few samples if there are any out there thanks --------------------

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.