Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lklklklkk
    Started by lklklklkk,

    Hi all, just sent off my application pack yesterday and I was wondering if anyone was at the same stage? I'm also interested to know how fast things are moving just now, looking at some posts its looks as though things were moving pretty quickly in early December but cant find much after that. This is the second time I have applied, the first time was three years ago (when I was only 19). At that time many things were going on in my life (including my fiancee expecting) and I didnt feel that I could 100% commit myself, so withdrew my application after my initial interview. I now know 100% that this is what I want and Im really going for it this time. Good luck everyon…

    • 17 replies
    • 559 views
  2. Arlene
    Started by Arlene * ,

    hi, Im looking for some help, Im re-applying to Strathclyde and after speaking with a very healpful PC at Jackton she advised I get my fitness to a level I know I will be able to pas the running, 1.5 miles in 16mins, Im female and have just turned 45, as I have passed the entrance exam 7 years ago I dont need to resit that, and she said I could hear really quickly when I put in my application form. How soon do you think it will take for me to reach a level of fitness to pass this test. I have been doing low impact aerobics about 3 times a week for about 4 weeks, but Ive yet to attempt a run.

    • 3 replies
    • 461 views
  3. jenz
    Started by jenz,

    Hi, I have Day 1 on 19th Feb. In the pack I have a form from the Cultural and Communitites Resource Unit. It's not clear if I have to take this on the day with the other forms or post it. I have a Freepost envelope as well. What did others do pelase??? Many thanks

  4. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    i was hoping someone could tell me what sorts of things you can fail on in the vetting process? i am a little worried because my 2 older brothers (one of which i still see the other i dont) have been in trouble quite a bit with the police before. more so when they were younger but one of my brothers has only recently been in trouble for stealing at his job and was on tag for 6 months. I have never been in trouble with the police, i dont even have any points on my licence but now im worried i will be punished for their behaviour which i might add do not agree with in any way. they were and are stupid for doing the things they did but i dont want it to ruin my chances. will…

    • 2 replies
    • 191 views
  5. MDB1546620381
    Started by MDB1546620381,

    Hi, Was just wondering if anyone knows or any shops or sites where I can get good quality parade shoes. I start at Tulliallen in March and would like to have them soon-ish so I can get them bulled. Many thanks!!

    • 15 replies
    • 4.2k views
  6. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    I just read in another thread that someone had been paid 1043 for one month. I was just curious what actually is the police pay? Ive heard several different figures and just want to clear this up. Ofcourse, im not in this job for the money, as i know its not a money making job. However, i just want to know what the pay is: ive read on strathclydes website it is 22,000, is that after deductions or before? What is the monthly pay currently? i.e, if you have just started in strathclyde, what is your pay?

  7. jayhenn
    Started by jayhenn * ,

    Please can someone help me i was silly enough in my past to get a criminal record 12 years ago, i was convicted of receiving stolen goods got fined and community service,then about 16 years ago i was allowed to be carried in a stolen motor vehicle and i can not even remember the out come of the cime in question,then when i was at school about 14 years of age i was with the wrong crowd at the wrong time and they were shoplifting pens for school which i was silly enough to join in and gues what dumbo here got caught and recieved a caution,i am now 38 years young with a very good history of my working life together with shinning references maried with a daughter and a mortga…

    • 10 replies
    • 978 views
  8. Arlene
    Started by Arlene * ,

    hi, Im looking for some help, Im re-applying to Strathclyde and after speaking with a very healpful PC at Jackton she advised I get my fitness to a level I know I will be able to pas the running, 1.5 miles in 16mins, Im female and have just turned 45, as I have passed the entrance exam 7 years ago I dont need to resit that, and she said I could hear really quickly when I put in my application form. How soon do you think it will take for me to reach a level of fitness to pass this test. I have been doing low impact aerobics about 3 times a week for about 4 weeks, but Ive yet to attempt a run.

    • 2 replies
    • 283 views
  9. Krisg
    Started by Krisg,

    Post it here! 5th January with Sussex.

  10. djgoodacre
    Started by djgoodacre * ,

    i'm about to do my assment on the 27th Nov and i was just wondering how many people take the assesment, do you do your role play infront of a group?

    Jaydee1546620346
  11. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi all, and a happy new year to you! Just a quick one really, have passed all stages but am waiting for a conditional start date whilst vetting is done. Im aware that some 'lucky so and so's' have their dates for 2009.....I WANT MINE! it's now coming to a year since i sat the assessment centre im hoping to hear soon. As you can see this is a pointless post but hey! Again, happy new year and all the best!

  12. kirkstine
    Started by kirkstine,

    Hi all, Currently writing out my application form for the Met. I am at the part where I fill out my education results etc. I cannot remember what I got for all of them, I also dont have my certificates as I cannot find them Where does this make me stand, I dont want to fill in the grades if I cannot remember exactly what I got. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Cheers

    • 5 replies
    • 539 views
  13. pugsymalone
    Started by pugsymalone * ,

    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum! Got my a/c results back today. Got 59%! 1% off! So I will be having a second interview. Has anyone got any tips? Thank you

    • 3 replies
    • 338 views
  14. Qas300
    Started by Qas300,

    hi, 2 years ago i requested to leave the army after having only served 2 years. Initially they rejected my request but after not changing my mind i received a honourable admin discharge. Im just wondering if this will play against me in my application to the police as i wasnt on best terms with the bosses when i left? any help would be much appreciated.

  15. generalcherokee
    Started by generalcherokee,

    Hi ladies and gentleman nice to me you all. Im looking to join the police and am living in Essex. I understand that there was a recruitment drive in september for Essex Police but that has since finished . I decided that i should apply for the met because they are currently recruiting but to get an application pack you have to attend an event. That event is today i planned to go up and chat to some officers etc but due to endless railway engineering works/chinese new year and imminent snow on the road ive decided its going to be a bad idea and stayed at home. Im now worried that im not going to be able to apply and miss out again Im going to try ringing their recruit…

    • 3 replies
    • 477 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.