Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Got a nice letter today from D&C confirming my appointment and that I am on the waiting list. Just letting those people who are also waiting know so they can watch out for Postie!

    • 5 replies
    • 171 views
  2. mollett
    Started by mollett,

    hiya am just wondering what date do you get paid on in the police cos am trying to work out my finances, also when all you references are in and security checks are complete and you have been given a start does the police ask your employer for another reference just before you start your training. thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 819 views
  3. Azy
    Started by Azy,

    Anybody else currently going through the recruitment process of Thames Valley Police? I've been told I've passed the paper sift part of my application and that my next step is to send in a certificate of good condcut from my time in america. Just wondering who else is in the same boat as me.

    • 7 replies
    • 830 views
  4. deceptacon_18
    Started by deceptacon_18,

    hello, i am 19 and have my assessment centre this saturday, after being in the cadets for 2 years and working for trading standards I am so happy that my application first time scored enough marks to get me to this stage as i've always wanted to become a Police Officer!! i would just like to tell you about 3 books that i have been reading thoroughly over the past 3 months in preparation to the a/c, they have been very helpful in what you will encounter at the a/c and the exercises you undertake, unfortunately im in work the next 2 days so today is my last chance to get that last bit of prep in, so here they are: The Police Selection Process - Ian Hutchison How To Pass …

    • 0 replies
    • 140 views
  5. alfie77
    Started by alfie77,

    Can anyone confirm what the current competencies for the 4 interview questions are? I am preparing for a potential AC in March and have downloaded the Westshire Pack from the policecouldyou website but not sure if this is out of date?

  6. andydalziel
    Started by andydalziel,

    Just been looking through the process of becoming a PC and was wondering at what point do you actually start being paid?

    • 8 replies
    • 815 views
  7. leedsdc
    Started by leedsdc,

    Hi, I have passed my medical and fitness and was told by recruitment that the next intake is March09 as long as i the background checks were ok. I was wondering if its worthwhile me phoning up the recruitment department to see if i have passed the vetting stage as the waiting is driving me crazy. Any help appreciated

    • 2 replies
    • 445 views
  8. wannabepoliceofficer
    Started by wannabepoliceofficer,

    Had my application notice through today and I failed to get a B grade. Am so so gutted. Respect for Race and Diversity C Team Working C Resilience B Effective Communication C Overall C Have to wait till June now to re-apply. Has to be the worst feeling I have felt for a long time, am so disappointed

    • 2 replies
    • 547 views
  9. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    Hi just wondering if there is anyone else who has sent app for met police for end of December, it would be great to speak and follow the process with others. Cheers, Rob (Nervous already) GL.

    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. nickyk
    Started by nickyk,

    This may be a stupid question but during the security and vetting process will a police search appear on your credit report? Or do that not need to view it to see if you have CCJs etc? I dont have any CCJs or anything like that but im just worried because I need to get a small loan to help fund my move to join the force full time and worried it will go against me!!

    • 2 replies
    • 349 views
  11. Times_champion
    Started by Times_champion,

    I went to my dr today to get my medical forms signed off and he noticed I hadnt had any vaccinations recently (or at least boosters). He was going to give me a triple booster (polio, diptheria and tetanus) and Hep-B there and then but then said I should wait to see what the police doctor says in my medical and whether he wants my doctor to do it. Is this normal? Has anyone got in without these boosters or do they always recommend you visit your GP for them?

    • 8 replies
    • 192 views
  12. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi all can anyone tell me if there are other websites that keep you upto date with the police force recruitment as the policecouldyou website is not upto date as sussex opened their books on monday 26th january but still does not show up on the police could you website... thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. trev_3
    Started by trev_3,

    I was just wonder what the highest blood pressure reading would be to get into Sussex police. Went to the docs for a pre check today and i think it was a bit high cheers trev

  14. andydalziel
    Started by andydalziel,

    Hello all, I am planning to apply to become a PC at Devon and Cornwall's next recruitment drive. The only worry I've got is that I had a 'Notice of intended prosecution' sent to me about 6 months ago relating to an alleged motoring offence. To cut a long story short, someone went to the police and said that they saw the back of my truck scratch the front of their parked car as I drove past it. A few days later I received a 'Notice of intended prosecution' from the police for driving without due care and attention, leaving the scene of an accident and failing to report an accident. The person who accused me of it was just trying it on and the police did not take the ma…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. QueenMaud
    Started by QueenMaud * ,

    Hi everyone, Well i'm 22, have just finished my masters and am looking into perhaps joining the Police as a career. However, when i was a young teenager, i used to self harm which means i have a few scars on my arms and i'm not sure if this will stop me getting into the Police. I did talk to my doctor about it at that point so its on my medical records (so if my medical records are checked during the application process, i can't lie about it), but i have been "clean" (or whatever the term is) for over 8 years and there is no danger of me going back to that again. I'm just concerned that it's going to cause a problem if someone looks through my medical records and fla…

    sykes1545925530

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.