Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Hi all, Just had confirmation that I've passed the papersift, on the email I got when I first applied it said that the A/C would be between Jan 09 and June 09, they havn't given me a date yet but I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect at the WYP A/C and the best things to do to prepare? I thought I would be releived when I passed the papersift but in reality I'm more anxious now than I was a week ago! :smiley_vomit: Thanks in advance for any advice

    • 4 replies
    • 400 views
  2. TheTron
    Started by TheTron,

    Afternoon all, Currently waiting for a start date with D&C, having spoken to recruitment recently I've been told it's looking to be around April time! Having left uni I'm looking for some full time employment up until I start my training. Was just wondering if it's deemed acceptable with the police, working in a job which requires an SIA licence? Only reason I ask is that apparently you are unable to apply to become a special constable if you hold an SIA licence/work in the security industry (Could be massivley wrong about this...if I am please ignore me!) Anyway, was wondering would the same rules be applicable to someone in my position. Have tried speaking to re…

    • 6 replies
    • 682 views
    bristol bouncer
  3. para4892
    Started by para4892,

    I am currently a retained Firefighter and have passed all my selection to become a Regular Police Constabable. Does anybody know if i can carry on doing my retained Fire Service duties and serve as a regular Police constable or will i have to resign from the Fire Brigade. I have seen nothing that says i have to resign and cant have secondary employment on any website and i am aware that there is a regular Police constable who is currently going through Fire service selection in my county. Any help on this will be appreciated.

    • 4 replies
    • 287 views
  4. Gooner
    Started by Gooner,

    Frog, You're quiet? you fallen off your lilly pad?

  5. Life on Mars1546620180
    Started by Life on Mars1546620180,

    Off to ATB on monday, very pleased. Sedgley was good, but it can be a bit slow at times. It'll be nice to get out into the communty for a change.

    • 8 replies
    • 983 views
    Paul C1546620148
  6. ktfloyd
    Started by ktfloyd,

    Hi All, This is an email that has been sent to me, it has some helpful hints!! Don't worry to much about Jackton it pretty straightforward. dress smart with a white shirt or blouse, same for the guys,dark suit, don't draw attention to yourself by wearing anything different,couple of guys on my intake got pulled up for wearing blue shirts. you will probably spend all of the first day in these. Take PE kit with you, you probably won't get it on first day but take it anyway as they may try to spring it on you and see who has got their gear with them, just leave it in your car, same for your shoes and boots take them and leave them in your car. Make sure you arrive early g…

  7. jamie823
    Started by jamie823,

    Hey Guys, I've got my entrance and fitness test on 1st Feb, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks Jamie

    • 0 replies
    • 139 views
  8. mandapanda
    Started by mandapanda,

    Hi I am just wondering if anyone could possibly give me some advice, I applied to GMP in October 08 and have passed my application which is great, I go to the AC in March, the problem I have is that from a young age I suffered on and off with depression, all in which I think to be normal with things I endured, a few examples of the causes are being sexually abused when I was younger, my parents messy divorce, and then being married to a mentally abusing husband, and then my own messy and frightening divorce...........would GMP take my experiences into account before judging me on my depression periods, as in my eyes this would be normal for anyone that endured such things…

  9. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Anyone know what they are like with BMI at GMP? They Strict with the below 30 mark? :whistle2:

    • 0 replies
    • 142 views
  10. ryanbarnes2
    Started by ryanbarnes2,

    http://www.copshopuk.com/acatalog/Elite_II...Leather_CT.html Please check the link and advise me if this boot is suitable. I.E when i turn up im not going to get told you cant have them. ANY ADVISE WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS

    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. norwichguy
    Started by norwichguy,

    hi anyone know the starting pay with essex police for a regular police officer thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 967 views
  12. dsa89
    Started by dsa89,

    hello, i was thinking of applying and just need to find out a few details about the length of time the process should take from start to finish i will attend the recruitment seminar this saturday, so will send off the application within a week after that. so i just wanted to know how long it will be until i actualy start the training. the only real issue is that i am a dual national (British/eastern european), so will all the checks take longer than usual? as my parents are also dual nationals. or maybe i do not need to mention this in my application form, as i am british, my dual nationality shouldnt really effect anything. could some…

  13. bob_hoskins
    Started by bob_hoskins,

    Hello all, I had my day 1 with the MET on 5th of December and was supposed to hear about my results on 9th January. My friend had his day 1 on the 6th Dec and got his results on the 8th Jan. Having not heard I decided to phone up and was in a queue for over half and hour on two occaisions. I gave up trying. any other suggestions would be welcome. cheers Bob

  14. london112
    Started by london112,

    Right ive got my start date at hendon for PCSO on the 19th of feb but i got a letter a few days ago inviting me for a Police officer assessment centre for herts on the 22nd of feb. I called up herts police 2 days ago and cancelled my asessment date as i was starting with the Met but then i got a call yesterday from the recruitment manager asking me to reconsider and that if i passed the Police assessment centre and the day 2 then i could always change from PCSO to PC. What shall i do i really dont feel like going through all the paperwork again and digging up references again but its been my dream to become a PC and how will i go about changing from PCSO to PC if say i wa…

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Laura83
    Started by Laura83,

    Hiya I start Feb 9th for Merseyside and I am having trouble finding black lace up shoes as required. I have my boots but I am having no luck with the shoes. Can anyone please advise me of where to get them from? I know that male lace ups are in Asda, but it seems difficult to get womens ones.. as attractive as they are! Thank you in advance for your time and help

    specialteacher1546081026

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.