Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. metaxa85
    Started by metaxa85,

    Hi Guys and Gals, I have my police assessment day in 2 weeks! Yay! But.... There is a financial status form in the pack i have to take with me and i am a bit worried as i have a few debts (thanks to my ex) I dont know if this will be a problem or not and thought someone on here may know the answer! Its not a massive amount but i was thinking of consolidating them all and didnt want to do that if it would effect getting in the police. Someone mentioned to me if you have debts you could be open to fraud and corruption so now im stressed that this will mess up my chance of being an officer! Hopefully someone on here will be able to help me.. M…

  2. J201546620396
    Started by J201546620396 * ,

    Hi all, I am hoping there is someone out there who can offer me a little help, (or comforting)! I had my final interview for Strathclyde Police force last Thursday, and was succesful!!! However, I was questioned about a clearance certificate as I had been in America for 9 months. I had not been asked to produced one until this point. I am now having some difficulty with obtaining this, as when I spoke to the US embassy, they advised me that this was something done by the police, as they are looking to employ me. I spoke to one of the officers at recruitment at Jackton, and was told that this is not the case, and that I must obtain the clearance certificate. I had …

    • 2 replies
    • 399 views
    J201546620396 *
  3. skabassman
    Started by skabassman,

    I just wondered if anyone can answer a couple of questions for me. My wife has been accepted and is now training with Essex police and naturally, looking after her uniform and helping her revise for tests and memorize her lesson material has got me interested in joining the Specials, plus being bored at home looking after the sprockets who are now in full time school. Can anyone answer me the following questions. 1) In her vetting would anything have shown up regarding me, would she have got in if there was anything adverse about me as her husband? 2) If I applied and something did show up negative about me, would this now affect her career? I've got the application …

  4. mitchell891546620349
    Started by mitchell891546620349,

    Hi All Just a quick post to see who else has applied to Northumbria Police and to keep in contact through the difficult recruitment stages, and our thoughts of Northumbria police. I applied recently and i heard back really quickly, i applied one month and the next month i had a phone call saying i was successful at application stage and was invited to attend an assessment centre in March 09. They seem to be on the ball at Northumbria, really quick turn around so far.

    • 28 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. lewis2207
    Started by lewis2207 * ,

    Hey guys found this website really useful throughout my recruitment process, had my home interview for lothian and borders yesterday and passed, now have my panel on the 2nd of feb, anyone else in the same boat?? any advice or tips on how the panel went for them would be appreciated cheers in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 662 views
    LnB_Applicant *
  6. celiab1
    Started by celiab1,

    Hi all, Apologies if this is a bit of an obvious answer but I am trying to find out if you can apply for a UK force and a Scottish force at the same time? As you know you can only apply for one UK force at a time, with a 12 month gap between applying if failing to get in. Is the UK and Scotland seperate or still under the same 'heading'? Many thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 297 views
  7. Bouncytime
    Started by Bouncytime,

    Hi All, I am currently in the vetting process for Strathclyde and am preparing for my final interview (hopefully!) From what I understand the final interview is quite scenario based. I am looking for some examples of scenarios so that I can try and get my head around the issues that may come up. Does anyone know of any good resources of scenarios, ie websites, books etc that may be of help? I'm not looking for the answers to these, just the actual scenarios if possible? Thanks in advance..

    • 1 reply
    • 364 views
  8. squipper
    Started by squipper,

    I sent my application to Cambs' police last month, recruitment closed on 17 November.....simple truth is, I'm flapping! Don't want to be premature, but......" How long, as an average figure, can i expect to wait for a reply?" Cheers....

  9. Rain
    Started by Rain,

    Hi. I'm an asthmatic, I was wondering that in different forces, would that make me unable to become an officer when I reach the age limit? Basically, will my future application be rejected if I have asthma? I was diagnosed some years ago, (Not a birth problem,) and that has been my main concern. It has recently gotten worse because I wake up in the night and my heart is racing, I get stitches more often and I'm gaining wieght because I am constantly getting breathless after I take like 5 steps. My chest actually feels like it is stuffed with something right now, and my pulse seems to be twice as high yet I am simply typing, not doing anything else... I haven't had a decen…

    • 0 replies
    • 115 views
  10. rob_white2005
    Started by rob_white2005 * ,

    Hi, I'm really interested in joining the police but have been banned for drink driving. I'm 24 and I was banned for 1 year about 6 years ago. It was later reduced to 9months. I have no other criminal or driving convictions. Never been done for speeding or anything like that. What are the chances of this affecting any application? Regards, Rob

    • 7 replies
    • 638 views
  11. daybo
    Started by daybo,

    I would be lying if i said i was never interested in transferring to the Met. There have been a few comments made by officers to me in the past and was wondering if they are true or false. The following are- "You are just a number"? "Once you have completed your first two years with the Met they may even post you to the other side of London to where you live"? "Your RD and AL leave gets cancelled allot"? "You have to be hard nosed to be in the Met"? "Are large amount of officers who have transferred to the Met have returned to their original force"? I would appreciate your comments. Daybo

    • 9 replies
    • 1.6k views
  12. Jaydee1546620346
    Started by Jaydee1546620346,

    Finally getting my laser eye surgery next week so I wont have to wear glasses on duty. Has anyone else has this procedure done? It is costing me £3000 but it is the new type of surgery (CustomVue Wavefront with IntraLase) so my eyesight will be 20/16 or better. Going to be amazing being able to see well haha I never wear my glasses I hate the things!

    • 22 replies
    • 521 views
    Jaydee1546620346
  13. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, Just received my provisional start date for West Mids today, which I'm over the moon about! In the letter it says they will send an induction pack 6 weeks before the start date. I have seen that some people / forces are required to attend a seminar, uniform fitting before starting? Does anyone know when this will be or if it even happens at west mids? Thanks for any help/info. Mark

    • 3 replies
    • 460 views
  14. OSD_Control
    Started by OSD_Control,

    Hi All, I have posted this before but cant find it LOL I have my Day 1 for the MET on 5th Feb and wondered if any one else on here has that date. Also, I am travelling from Merseyside and don’t know if I should drive down or get the train...can anyone help ? Either way, I will have to go down the day before and stay over as I have to be at Hendon for 8am. I just think it will be less hassle if I drive.. saves getting Trains / Tubes really early.. Any thoughts ? ? Leroy

  15. leedsdc
    Started by leedsdc,

    I ve got my medical tomorrow i know they do an eye and ear test. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas what else they test.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.