Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gazzaroyal
    Started by Gazzaroyal,

    Hi, I have a copy of the "HOW TO PASS THE NEW POLICE SELECTION SYSTEM" book to give away. If you want it send me a mesaage and I'll post it to you. I dont want any money just spreading the love. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 260 views
  2. celiab1
    Started by celiab1,

    Can anyone tell me if you can apply to a British and a Scottish Force at the same time!? As the forces operate under different legal jurisdictions, (Scots law and English law) and different regional governments with different application process I just thought that you might be able to? Can anyone help!?

    • 0 replies
    • 535 views
  3. celiab1
    Started by celiab1,

    Can anyone tell me if you can apply to a British and a Scottish Force at the same time!? As the forces operate under different legal jurisdictions, (Scots law and English law) and different regional governments with different application process I just thought that you might be able to? Can anyone help!?

    • 0 replies
    • 622 views
  4. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Is there a limit to the amount of times that you can apply for the police?

    • 1 reply
    • 271 views
  5. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Does anyone know the individual pass marks for each test or the grade boundries? Does this also differ per force like the overall pass mark?

    • 0 replies
    • 218 views
  6. everton09
    Started by everton09,

    Hi All. Just after some advice. As the subject line says im hoping to relocate from South Wales to Cumbria. I have passed the assessment centre, just have the medical and fitness left to go now!!!! I will be stationed in west Cumbria and as im not from the area and will be needing to find somewhere to live, I was hoping that some people on here could advise me where are the best places to live and some pointers on places NOT to live :wink: or dodgy areas to avoid :wink: . I have been to Cumbria quite a few times on holiday so have a brief knowledge of the area. Any help or Pm's would be greatly appreciated. TIA

    • 6 replies
    • 452 views
  7. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    just wondering if anyone else has their assessment centre 2moro for Lancashire police? not impressed about having to drive to wigan, im gonna be a nervous wreck. how is everyone else feeling? i hope i get the role plays first, get em out of the way with. am i right in thinking if you have your passport you dont need to take anything else with u?

    • 1 reply
    • 120 views
  8. sammy2006
    Started by sammy2006,

    Does anyone have there medical on 11 feb, i have mine and have recieved nothing about start dates at all. I dont live in the area and will be moving to newcastle so i need to know dates. Any ideas anyone???? or anyone in same situation? sammy20062009-01-24 09:56:55

    • 0 replies
    • 668 views
  9. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, Does anyone know any start dates this year for West Mids. I know there's been a confirmed one for March 9th, but I think I've missed this one now. I got told the next one was April 27th? Anyone else heard this? If anyone gets any info who's joining up in the next month or two please post here! Thanks Mark.

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  10. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    i bought the how the become dvd on passing the interview and on it it states that the interview questions are based around 4 of the competencies and then tells me which four. is that right?? or could they be based on any of the core competencies?? i am a bit baffled as i would have thought it would be based on any and that they would not tell you which ones specifically as it would give you an advantage. but then in this dvd it does explicitly say a certain 4 so if it was any why would they say this?? so which is right? could anyone help please?? have my assessment day 1 2moro and really dont want to mess up. thank you guys x

    • 2 replies
    • 293 views
    mc.tucker@talk21.com
  11. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Hi all i wrote a letter on the 16 November to Northumbria Poloice requesting a shadowing/observation day and recieved a letter back today stating that it was possible to do one. They have forwarded my request onto the Inspector in charge of one of the shifts at 'Etal Lane Police Station' and they will arrange a short visit which they hope will give the insight to the service i require. Has anyone done one as i was aware that they weren't available but thought it was always worth a try writing to them and see what happened. Shy bairns get nowt as they say!!!

    • 7 replies
    • 298 views
  12. jamiehall
    Started by jamiehall,

    Hi As the title suggests - I have my day 1 assessment on the 28th Feb. Planning to get a hotel room the night before, as I don’t fancy the 2 hr door to door trip from SE London at 5.30 am! Anybody else got this day? – or am I on my own?! J

    • 0 replies
    • 157 views
  13. ALEX1546619910
    Started by ALEX1546619910,

    I cant believe I am writing this. its actually killin me to write but im in desperate need of advice. Today I recieved a letter informing me that I failed my vetting checks. Recuitment wont tell me why and they also say I cant appeal. I am utterly devastated. I dont know what to do now. I have been waiting to join for 18 months now and to fall just a few months before I was due to start is a real kick in the teeth. Any advice would be gratfully received. Thanks Al

    • 14 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Just wondering if there is a number that I can phone to check up on my application? I've read a lot of posts on here that seem to suggest that you can phone to check on how your application is getting on etc. ? Any replies would be grateful guys

    • 8 replies
    • 607 views
    DefinatelyMaybe
  15. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    If a police officer says this.... You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence Does this catagorically mean that you have been given a caution?

    • 11 replies
    • 633 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.