Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi Everyone I got the long awaited phonecall yesterday to go in for my final interview, yaaaaaay. It is in 22nd Jan. My background checks took nearly 4 months and id begun to give up hope i tell u lol. I got very positive feedback from my initial interview and they appeared very impressed with my research, only criticism was to mind my terminology at times when talking (i got too relaxed at one point and was a bit too me lol). All in all, i am ecstatic to now be at this stage but im at the same time, extrememely bricking it. Ive got to admit the hard work fitness n study wise has dwindled since my initial interview due to the length of wait and i suppose i lost a bit o…
-
I've got my drugs test in 2 weeks, and I'm worried, as this new years I went to a party where some people were smoking weed. And I know concerned that this will be picked up on the drugs test. I've never touched any drugs, and I worried that this will cause a negitive result, so close to the finish line. Can anyone help.
-
- 12 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have just been invited to the cheshire police recruitment seminar and was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of info what it will entail?I know about the recruitment process but cant seem to find information on the seminar anywhere.Also is it best to dress smart?Thanks
-
- 0 replies
- 280 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have just passed my day 2 for the Met (14th Jan) and was told today my vetting has been cleared, so its just references. There was period of 4 months or so when I wasn't working about 2 years ago, how do they check this? do they just contact previous referees? I have gone back 5 years and that is the only time I have been out of work but becasue I was at home and comfortable I didnt bother signing on. I'm worried this will affect my application. If all that is ok do they give you a conditional offer before applying for refs? Any help appreciated!!!
-
hi all, i've passed A/C and have interview, med and physical to go, as well as on going vetting checks. Just recently i opened a joint bank account with 2 other friends to pool our money for investment in shares. is this bad in the eyes of vetting?? would this constitute as other business interests and hinder my application? it's all legitimate and more of a hobby than a serious money making venture! thanks in advance, waddins1
-
Hiya During your 29 weeks training.... Could someone please tell me, what weeks are a designated holiday?? I heard week 18 & week 30 before you start at your borough.... Is this correct?? Many thanks Kat
-
In the role plays, if the actor uses a comment about someone which you are not happy with and which goes against RRD then what is the best way to deal with it? for example would you say 'im sorry sir/madam but you cannot use terms/language like that, i do not feel it is appropriate'. or would you say ' you shouldn't say that as no matter what the persons age/race etc they deserve to be treated with respect'. i have my assessment centre in 5 days and im totally bricking it now, the role play aspect especially. if anyone is allowed to answer this then i would really appreciate some help. thank you x
-
Guys there are four Assessment centre books on E-bay Item number: 260347044858 these are really good books and helped me to pass my assessment. Save hundreds on courses and buy these at a real bargain price.
-
Hi all, I know a couple of people who applied in the December deadline bracket are keen to know about progress with their applications. I got a phone call today to clarify some information and upon clarification I was told I had passed the papersift. We are looking at Day 1 towards the end of March. Hope this is of some use to people. Chris
-
Hi i am wanting to do some practice written exercises and i was wondering if someone could tell me the different types of exercise we may get? i know we may have a letter to write eg responding to a complaint or a possible new shop opening etc but will there be other exercises that are not letters? if so what will they be and should we follow the same procedure for them? ( FIR) any help would be great thanks
-
Anyone else dont there TVP day 1 this week? did mine yesterday feeling like I missed something or that it was quite easy anyone else feel strange about the day? The thing i rekon I missed was stuff on RRD but its hard to explain as I can not oviously talk about it here...
-
Hi, Does anyone know when North Yorkshire might be recruiting again? I am keen to apply but I have no idea if they will be recruiting at all in 2009. Many thanks!
-
- 0 replies
- 499 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've got my day 1 A/C on the 22nd Jan and have been on an insight course to help me prepare for the day. I have been given information about the report writing and role plays etc, but having found a new website today, I don't feel like my prep is complete. It says there is also a letter writing exercise you have to complete, which is also information I have read from a couple of books I have got hold of. Is this the case or is it just the written report exercise? If any if you have just done your day 1 can you let me know as I am papping it now!! Cheers, Matt
-
Hello all, I have my Day 2 Fitness next week and i'm just wondering a couple of things? I know you have to pass the bleep test level 5.4. Do they do a warm up/streching excercises before the test or do they give you some time to do this yourself? I also heard that they may do the bleep test up to level 3 as a warm up then you start from the beginning to start the test. Once you reach the level 5.4 do they then stop everyone or does everyone keep going as far as you can get to and you drop out one by one? How hard is the push/pull test? I know its push/pull of 35k but is it like lifting 35k weights or like pushing them? I know its done on a dyn…
-
- 2 replies
- 658 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey guys, Was wonderin if some of the peeps who have been to Jackton for the weeks induction and/or Tulliallan could maybe post with some reference as to what the routines are like there and share stories and experiences. Would help the guys waiting for future intake dates. Cheers Paul