Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Bluebird1546620198
    Started by Bluebird1546620198,

    Sorri i know this is probably in the wrong place but i cant get into the force specific thread for some reason My other half is thinking of trasnferring from essex to met, Has anyone done this and would you recommend it?

    • 0 replies
    • 333 views
    Bluebird1546620198
  2. James579
    Started by James579,

    Hi all, I've completed the police medical back in November which I was informed that I had passed but as of yet I have not heard anything from Essex Police directly informing me I've passed and advising me that I'm going through to the security vetting. Is anyone else in the same boat?

  3. Kiwi_Devil
    Started by Kiwi_Devil,

    Howdy Has anyone got their fitness test and medical on the 9th December for the MET??? How are the girls going on the push 35kgs/ pull 34kgs???? Kat

  4. shash
    Started by shash,

    I'm looking for some help and advice... I'm really interested in eventually becoming an inspector (eventually...) but am not sure the steps involved to eventually get there. I graduated 3 years ago from University with a 2:2 degree in economics and have worked as an assistant retail manager since I left. My questions are: Is there a specific application process for graduates? What are the steps to inspector? Thanks for your help.

    • 2 replies
    • 663 views
  5. AdamO
    Started by AdamO,

    Afternoon all. Just wondering, is it allowed to apply to a Scottish force at the same time as applying for an English force? (for the role of police officer). Thanks a lot. Adam

    • 0 replies
    • 206 views
  6. bobby2907
    Started by bobby2907,

    Hi guys I am just wondering if anyone can tell me what the 'team building activities' are when you are training? i am due to start in Feb and would like to know what they include and dont include. any info would be much appriciated. cheers Bobby

  7. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    hi all i am wanting to apply to TVP for the second time (my 6 months is up in feb) but they are not recruiting currently as is the case with pretty much all the forces at the mo. dont suppose anyone knows of when this might change for TVP or surrounding forces? thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 462 views
  8. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    Anyone know if D & C issue boots and if they do, what make? Thanks! G

  9. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    Just wondering if anyone can clear up a few worries of mine... 1) it's around 3 months before i hear anything back from my application right? Will i hear back from them regardless of me passing or not? Also, the references which a give in my application... will they be contacted within these 3 months? or will they only be contacted later on into the recruitment process? 2) Just wondering on what training techniques people have got for the fitness test? I've been running everynight, and for the dyno machine i've been doing alot on bench press/seated row. 3) Sounds so stupid this but what is papersift?? I've sent in my application but alot of people on here have me confu…

    • 3 replies
    • 146 views
  10. BrookTeeny
    Started by BrookTeeny,

    I need some help in finding some info for starting or working for a community officer in my area, a constable referred me to this website but having trouble where to start, does anyone know or anyone who can help with this query, thankyou.

  11. silver321
    Started by silver321,

    Hi all, Hope everyone is well, I too am curious to what I will take home roughly per month when I start training in March. Trying to work out where I will be living and what I can afford etc, any answers greatly appreciated, Thank you

  12. lincs_pc22
    Started by lincs_pc22,

    Hi, Just wondering if anyone else from here will be going to Tally Ho for their fitness test on the 14th Jan? Be nice to meet some (hopefully) fellow colleagues!! Have a good Christmas. Mark

    • 6 replies
    • 199 views
  13. GraceFace
    Started by GraceFace,

    hi guys i am currently applying for the met. I have had about a month of work due to a kidney infection causing me to be hospitalized. Will the amount of sick days i have had off go against me in my application form? I am waiting to have an operation on my kidneys. The consoltants have said i will not have long term problems as its a simple operation which will sort the problem. Will this go against me in my application form ?? Any help would me much appreciated

    • 2 replies
    • 341 views
  14. garyroach
    Started by garyroach,

    Hi all again is everyone going to the briefing tomorrow night? If so do you think a suit is good to wear or just casual?

    • 4 replies
    • 129 views
  15. karianne63
    Started by karianne63,

    Does anyone know if you would be able to have a fitness test if you have not yet passed your medical? Or do you have to have the all clear for that first?? Just in case it makes a difference- application is with West Mids :smiley_help:

    • 2 replies
    • 135 views
    specialteacher1546081026

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.