Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. bambam
    Started by bambam,

    Hello, i am new to all this I currently work in a control room between 0700 and 2100,(i did do full shifts until my bundle of joy arrived ) However I am wanting to fulfil my dream and become a police officer, is there anyone out there who can help me with my quandry? I have a husband who works an 18 week shift pattern (prison officer) is there anyone out there who has a child and partner and still does policing? How does it work with childcare etc, time together? Any advice would be gratefully received.

  2. lewis1
    Started by lewis1 * ,

    Hi Everybody . I am Lewis and i am 16, I have a background in shooting ( field sport's) but i mostly like gundog training and i breed dog's. The dog's that i have bred i train to high standard's to sell or to trial, As you can tell i have a real obsession with dog's and would really like a job working with them. I know if i join the police i have to do a year ( or two ) then put myself up for the job or dog trainer. But i have no security that i will acually get the job in the end So i was wondering if anyone know's of any apprenticeship's in dog handling that i could undergo ? That i would know i can get a job at the end of it? Thank you for reading. Lewis

    • 1 reply
    • 268 views
  3. Pagey
    Started by Pagey * ,

    Hi guys im currently in the process of applying for Leicestershire police and i was just wondering if anyone has had any major issues with these i.e passing all the tests and then being told they are not doing anymore intakes. Any information will be appreciated

    • 1 reply
    • 478 views
  4. PC1231546620365
    Started by PC1231546620365 * ,

    I'm 25 year old male. I graduated with a degree, and I'm currently trying to decide what careers right for me. I know I want to go into public service/emergency services. I have done a lot of reading and research into fire, ambulance and mostly police. I would love to become a fireman or paramedic, however there just seems very little scope for career progression and diverstiy compared to the police. I am quite ambigious and want to make the most out of a career and police looks like it provides the best possibility for this, with so many branches and potential. My main concern is that I just don't know if I'v got the natural ability to cope with the demands of a po…

    • 8 replies
    • 545 views
  5. eafster
    Started by eafster,

    Hi there, Warwickshire Police describe their 'Dynamic Strength' test as "Press-ups on frame using "work done" principle" Does anyone know what this means and how you can train for it? Any help always appreciated. E.

    • 5 replies
    • 415 views
  6. stacey2210
    Started by stacey2210,

    Hi, I have my final interview for GMP coming up and I know they are probably going to ask us what diversity is and what equality is!! I have done some reseach but has anyone got a simple explanation of each! Below is what I have come up with already!!! What is Diversity ------------------------- Diversity means difference- difference accross race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, faith and age. Its the recognition that not all the people are the same and that people have varied and valuable skills, expereince and knoweldge to offer. It is important to treat everyone with fairness and respect and acknoweldge that people have different backgrounds. If we rec…

    • 2 replies
    • 194 views
  7. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hi guys. I need some help/tips whichever you may look at it. I have got two applications on the go at the moment, one being to become a DDO with the Met and the other is becoming a Constable with Essex Police. With Essex i still have the Medical (04/02/09) and vetting/security to get through which shouldnt be a problem. I have recieved the call from the Met stating they are ready to get me into DDO training starting 16/02/09. My dilema if you like is i have told advised by numerous people both in/out the job to take the Met DDO as i am 'technically' in and Essex i still have a wait with a possible termination of offer of employment (worst case scenario). The Met i know …

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  8. GraceFace
    Started by GraceFace,

    Hey guys im a bit nervous about applying. does it matter wat kind of build you are?? im average hight but im not the stockiest of person. do you think this will affect my chances of getting in??? ahhhh i really hope not. if it is then down the gym for me i suppose!!

    • 9 replies
    • 684 views
  9. nickyk
    Started by nickyk,

    Hi everyone I am currently waiting for my secuity checks to come back so I can hopefully start in March. After reading all the vetting questions I am starting to panic and would like to hear thoughts on my situation! It may be nothing but im sure you have all had similar worries! I live with my fiance who has a clean record and so does her family as far as she is aware. I used to live with my parents and two brothers, all of which also have had no involvement with the police. My only worry is a cousin of mine that was in trouble a fair bit when he was a minor. He never went to prison but I think he came quite close. I don't have much to do with him and I wasn't requir…

    • 4 replies
    • 541 views
  10. jayhenn
    Started by jayhenn * ,

    Hello peoples,could someone please help me with a bit of knowledge they might have reguarding previous convictions,12 years ago i got found guilty of recieving stolen goods and recieved community service together with a fine,also 17 years ago i allowed myself to be a PASSENGER in a stolen car but can not remember if i was prosecuted,also 24 years ago when i was very young i was silly enough to go into a shop and help myself to some new pens for school(i now what a plonker),will these hinder my chances and were can i find out the dates for these errors..

  11. vie_elle
    Started by vie_elle,

    Hey all! Just thought I'd send a wee "WOOHOO!" to everyone who has finally made it into the Jan intake for Strathclyde! I'll see you all bright and early tomorrow at Jackton! Well done, good luck and enjoy!! Vicki

    • 0 replies
    • 259 views
  12. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    First Post, so hello! This site has been so helpful so far!! Is it ok to apply to join the specials at the same time as joining the regular force? Not sure i will have enough life experience to qualify for the regular force yet, is it necessary to have the same amount of 'life experience' to join the specials? D

    specialteacher1546081026
  13. YE74
    Started by YE74,

    It's a pretty random question but there used to be a minimum height for new police officers to give them 'greater physical presence.' I know that this requirement is now obsolete due to equal opportunities, but I am just inquisitive if anyone knew what the height requirements were... Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 6.1k views
    specialteacher1546081026
  14. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    I have the how2become download thing that has help for the assessment centre. in the part on written exercises its gives you an example question and an example response. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if you are allowed to make up information or do you just go by what is given to you. I would have thought you couldn't make things up but in this example they have done. the example question/letter talks about a fire alarm that was not responded to properly by the security guard and you have to write a letter saying why he may not have responded to it and your recommendations to ensure it wont happen again. in the answer they say that he is normally good at his…

    • 1 reply
    • 167 views
  15. Tip-Top
    Started by Tip-Top,

    Hello, Just received a letter from west mids with a provisional start date 9th march 2009, hooo ray so looking forward to starting my new career next year Is there anybody else out there who has had the same date Tip-Top

    • 3 replies
    • 537 views
    timmytwotimes *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.