Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    I have recently passed the AC day for WMP, I just wondered how long roughly it takes to get a medical date. I have sent my forms back so they can start getting references and I'm in the process of filling out the security qustionaire. Oh and any thoughts on whether I will get a start date this year(providing I pass the last few stages) ?? I would appriciate your thoughts guys and girls, cheers Chris

    • 6 replies
    • 196 views
  2. Elise1546620386
    Started by Elise1546620386,

    Hi, I’m just in the process of submiting my application and now Ihave some concerns about the vetting stage. I know this is a tricky one and I would be very grateful if someone could give me some advice!! Although I don’t have a close relationship and have little contact with my dad, I’m very concerned about some of his past. He is living in France and back in 2004 he was involved in some trouble and was sentenced 6 months in jail. As previously mentioned I have little contact with him as he left me when i was very young, but I’m now concerned that his errors could affect my application to join the Police. Will the recruitment team look at my application b…

    • 4 replies
    • 384 views
    Elise1546620386
  3. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    I phoned Sussex Recruitment Line, and asked a question regarding my fathers record for the vetting. And they said they were unable to comment, and that vetting wouldnt give an opinion either. Would all forces refuse to comment. Seems strange that people on here would advise me to ask recruitment if they all refuse to comment. Seems i will be worrying for a long time yet :'(

    • 0 replies
    • 273 views
  4. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    anyone? anyone staying at Finchley section housing? Reality is really starting to kick in now.

  5. SJR251
    Started by SJR251,

    As title, I realise there are loads of boot threads but haven't found any on these ones. Time is starting to get near for my start date. Just wondered if anyone has tried these boots? Decided to go for a pair of Magnums until they die and then go for something like Lowas or Altbergs. I've looked at the Magnum Elite Spiders but not being waterproof decided they weren't the way to go. Are these any good? http://www.patrolstore.com/Magnum-Boot-Ste...oe-p-11872.html Wasn't keen on the Classics

    • 1 reply
    • 465 views
  6. iowgirl
    Started by iowgirl,

    I am just wondering about the interview for the assessment day 1 for the MET police. I have my assessment day on the 20th Jan 09 but seem to be getting conflicting information. I just want to check that we do not need to prepare anything about the MET police etc... for the interview. I believe that there are only 4 questions assessing the competencies. Can anyone shed any light on this please? Thanks

  7. estm
    Started by estm,

    HI THERE ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE IVE BEEN ON HERE SO HERE I GO! IM CURRENTLY A PC WITH SURREY POLICE (WITH 5 YEARS SERVICE) AND HAVE JUST COME BACK FROM A CAREER BREAK. I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANYONE ON HERE THAT HAS CONSIDERED OR IS CONSIDERING TRANSFERING TO BERMUDA POLICE. I SAW IT ADVERTISED A FEW YEARS AGO AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AT THE BACK OF MY MIND. I LOVE TO TRAVEL WHICH IS ONE REASON WHY I WOULD LOVE TO GO OUT THERE. IF ANYONE HAS COULD THEY GIVE ME SOME ADVICE, IE DO I FILL IN THE APPLICATION ON THERE SITE AND SEND IT BACK, OR IS THERE ANOTHER WAY? I HAVE SEEN THEIR ADVERT IN POLICE REVIEW IN THE PAST. IF ANYONE KNOWS ANY INFO I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL…

  8. Janza1546621399
    Started by Janza1546621399,

    Apparently,the Metropolitan police is currently recruiting but the only way of getting hold of an application is to attend a recruitment day. However,looks like there are none planned at the moment although the dead line for applications is in March.Does anyone know how to get an application?

    barbican011546620261
  9. luckylauz
    Started by luckylauz,

    Hi all, im currently waiting for fitness and medical for BTP in London, anyone in same situation or anyone done it and know of the timescales? cheers

  10. gus1
    Started by gus1,

    HI EVERYONE HOPE YOUR'E ENJOYING YOURSELFS AT JACKTON AND ITS ALL GOING WELL, WOULD SOME KIND NEW START LIKE TO THROW THE FEB16 INTAKE A BONE AND LET US KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. MANY THANKS AND AWRABEST.

    • 0 replies
    • 235 views
  11. phasee
    Started by phasee * ,

    Hi there, been reading the forums for a while now, trying to get as much information as possible. I intend to apply to strathclyde police in the first week of February, just trying to get my fitness levels up before I send off the application. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any tips for the initial interview, don't want to get too far ahead of myself here but I figure it would be best to start researching now, in the event that my application gets that far :) I'm going to buy the SET practice papers to help me prepare for them and i'm currently running 3-4 times a week to improve my fitness. So, any help for the interview stage(s) is appreciated. Thanks…

    • 1 reply
    • 252 views
  12. eden92
    Started by eden92,

    Hello All, Has it ever been known that student officers can choose their own 'collar number'? , if it fits in,and is available with the force that they have successfully applied to? Just some people have numbers that are personal and mean something to them, and would be maybe serve (or not!) as a 'good luck' charm throughout the officers career I would go for my daughters 4 digit D.O.B Thanks in anticipation J

  13. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi can anyone help me how far do recruitment goback when looking into your financial situation???? i have a ccj going back from 4 years ago will this affect my application?? and has anyone else experianced this problem when joinig up and got around it many thanks for taking the time to read this and poss answering this

  14. fi5112sr1546620284
    Started by fi5112sr1546620284 * ,

    Hi, I had my assessment and am still waiting for the paperwork to come through (got 50% so need to know what to do next). Maybe go for PCSO with the Met or transfer to Essex police instead ? Has anyone else got their results or knowledge of application transfers ? Thanks, Susanne

    • 0 replies
    • 78 views
    fi5112sr1546620284 *
  15. brad01
    Started by brad01,

    I have aked this question previously but can't find the topic anywhere on the forum. Has anyone got any Websites which i can practice the written exercises online? Any advice would be most apprectiated

    • 0 replies
    • 76 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.