Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Blackice
    Started by Blackice,

    Hi I am in the process of having my medical and on the questionnaire the doc has put that i was seen for depression in 2005, it only lasted two weeks at the most, would this affect the rest of my application?? i never even thought about it as it was only a same period in my life where the #### hit the fan, never thought it was that big of a deal

    • 2 replies
    • 262 views
  2. lindseyb
    Started by lindseyb,

    Is there anyone out there who has had any sort of discussion with recruitment (ideally at Cheshire) about going into a Debt Management Plan and the impact of that on your application I'm awaiting a date for my Medical by the way - told to expect it in May - don't want anything to come between me and the job I was made for! Lindsey

    • 24 replies
    • 4.3k views
  3. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    I understand when they ask you the question(s) they won't be word-to-word, however, is there any recommendations on how you would memorize it, and is it worth making some up incase they decide to do the same? Also, will they have a copy of your answers during the Interview and expect you to reply with the same content you did on the application? Thanks!

    • 4 replies
    • 220 views
    bulletproof1546620364
  4. matrixdrone737
    Started by matrixdrone737,

    Hi I have recently passed my assesment centre for west midlands and I sent off my medical forms, and now they have sent me a letter back saying they want to contact my gp/specialist for further information... is this normal? I believe it is to do with, 3 years ago i tore my acl and had a successful operation but now i am nervous that it is going to affect my medical... i play football again now and have done for over a year and i have had no side effects... do u think it may affect my chances.. thankyou

    • 8 replies
    • 624 views
  5. independentG
    Started by independentG,

    At what stage the police ask reference from my employer? I am worried they will approach my employer now before making an offer becauseI don't really want my current boss to know that I have the intention to leave. I have no problem if the ask reference from my boss after they confirm the offer.

    • 0 replies
    • 394 views
  6. independentG
    Started by independentG,

    I attended a police interview for caseworker role last week. I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know if they are doing background checks or what? Should I contact them to find out? I had a domestic argument with my partner a few months ago and I was compulsive and called the police. They came and sort of settled the argument between us. Do you think this will pose a major problem in my application or will it even show on the PNC? Your advice appreciated!

    • 0 replies
    • 296 views
  7. Borat1546620039
    Started by Borat1546620039,

    Hi, I'm currently going through recruitment to become a Police Officer with West Midlands Police. I've got my medical on the 29th of Jan, then a physical should follow if i'm successful about a month later. The fitness is the final stage with West Midlands Police, so i will hopefully be placed for training about 4 months or so after that. The problem that i've got is that i'm unemployed at the moment, i went travelling for 5 months while going through the recuitment phase and got back at the end of Decmember. Now i've been offered a job working with a software company, but the job is perminent, and will take several months to train me. Now i really dont want to mess th…

    • 16 replies
    • 935 views
  8. Selo
    Started by Selo,

    just a few questions? does northumbria hold thier bleep testing indoor or out doors just so i know how to dress accordingly. is the push and pull before the bleep or after? and lastly is it still 5.4 required on the bleep and can you stop on 5.4 or do they want to see how fit you are>Selo2009-01-15 14:29:23

    • 1 reply
    • 718 views
  9. G.I

    overall 57% ( Failed) R for R & D 71 % ( no D's ) Oral comm 100% Written 67 % Can anybody tell me how this would equate to 57 %.....i was totaly gutted.... I got my assesment centre in 2 months, and want t make sure i dont make the same mistakes again.

    • 16 replies
    • 373 views
  10. martineaster
    Started by martineaster,

    Hi guys! I am awaiting a police assessment centre and I considering taking one of the pre assessment centre courses offered by numerous companies. I have narrowed my choice down to the course offered by in2police and talking blues but I am not sure which one to go for! I am edging towards talking blues as it does appear to focus more on role plays which I would like to prioritise however I eger to hear opinions in2police prior to paying my deposit!

    ManchesterKathy1546620192
  11. krismc
    Started by krismc * ,

    just a general question, i really want to join west midlands police, the whole aspect of the job appeals to me, However since the age of 13 up to 21 i was constantly in trouble, and spent time in prison all for dishonesty offences. im now 28, dont socialise with the people i used to (local care home scallies) and live a normal legal good life, stable jobs for years, partner, 2 children, mortgage, run of the mill normal guy. however im just wondering if i should 100% right off any chance of entering the force? if so ill make sure i give my children a very detailed reason why they should be good so they dont live a life of regret like myself

    • 9 replies
    • 688 views
    Tim in the South
  12. Ceri1545925591
    Started by Ceri1545925591,

    Hi I just have a few questions if anyone can help me out? I am already in full time employment but am seriously thinking of joining the police. It will be a big step so am still a little unsure. Recruitment has opened for student officers in my county as of 10.00am tomorrowand I need to book to go on a seminar. I was just wondering what the seminar envolves? Is it more of an information event or part of the application process. I just want to know if going to the seminar will help with my decision making or do I need to decide before the event? If anyone can help or give me anymore information about the seminar or joining the police I would be very grateful, but I dont ha…

  13. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    Hi I know this has probably been asked a thousand times already but does anyone know for sure if you can apply to be a PCSO with one force and a PC with another? Or would it depend on who the forces are? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 328 views
  14. rai57
    Started by rai57,

    Hi I have an interview for the role of an detention/escort officer, could anyone tell me what the interview will be like and what to expect as I am very nervous :smiley_vomit: lol Thank you

    • 0 replies
    • 81 views
  15. Pvt Marcus
    Started by Pvt Marcus,

    Hello all I have my Day 1 on the 29th January and i am just filling out my security questionnaire, however i have no contact with my father, don't know his current address and have no way of contacting him. does anyone know what i should do? anyone have the same problem on there questionnaire? In the guide to the Security questionnaire it says fill out all answers Any help is much appreciated Many regards Marcus

    • 6 replies
    • 386 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.