Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi all, I believed you would only have your own notes to take in to the roleplays with you. I recently received a GMP pre-assessment workbook which states you will be provided with a copy of preperation booklet in the activity room. Can someone please clarify what this is!! Is it all the reading material you are provided with in the preperation stage? Also, I understand you will not receive any prompts in the math and verbal re time remaining. Are you able to use you own timer, provided its silent? Cheers Andy
-
- 16 replies
- 602 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys, I pick my unifrom up in a couple of weeks and start training in Jan. I was wondering, are you issued with your stab vest along with your other gear when you collect your shirts/trousers/cap/helmet/etc etc? lol.... I cant see a reason for needing a balistic jacket in a classroom...... having said that I am in Teesside! Can anyone answer this for me? Cheers Tom
-
My other half is ex army and has decided he would like to join the police force. He has a tattoo on his neck. How usual is it to get rejected for this?
-
Just a general kind of thought really... I've heard that the time spent in preparation and the time with the actor seem to fly by... Did anyone have any major problems once they were face to face with the actor (did you freeze up, or did you forget your plan/structure?), Did anyone not get to the end of what they had planned? Did you think you'd done badly but actually passed with flying colours? I've been practising my spiel at home so much (my housemates think it weird that they can hear me talking to myself), that it's the last thing I practice at night and pops up again straight away in the morning. All this waiting is driving me insane!
-
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Just a quick question. First of all i'd like to state my intentions.. In no way shape or form am i trying to find out from anyone on here the subjects, topics, complaints that are to be dealt with on the assessment day. I am not looking for any information like that at all. My question is purely that i have read that they change the assessment day every November. Through the fact that you must sign a decleration of sort saying that you will not disclose any information to anyone. This being, does that mean everyone gets the same set of roleplays, interview questions, maths exams, logical exams and written exams or is there a variation of test…
-
Hi there, I am about to fill in my Lothian and Borders Police application form. Towards the end of the form there is a question about speical skills and anything else you think is relevant to the application. I was just wondering what people did with this question. Do you leave it blank or fill it with positive things about yourself and how you'd be great in the force? Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Chris
-
Hi, Can anyone help? I'm looking for some information in relation to GMP and their next recuritment drive. I believe a recuritment window has just been close (Christmas 2008.) Does anybody know whether any additional dates have been set aside for application allocations?
-
Hi all! Just wondered if anyone had applied to GMP on 10th december and if anyone had heard anything yet? thanx
-
Talking Blues or In 2 police for looking through my application form? Any recommendations?
-
how accurate is this programme in giving 'us student officers' an example of what to expect?
-
- 15 replies
- 643 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Does anyone know if North Yorks will be recruiting this year and if so how hard it is to get in - any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated! Thanks :smiley_notworthy:
-
Hi all, I am looking for some feedback with regards my chances of joining the police at the age of 33? I hope it makes no difference but would younger students be more likely to be passed than older ones? Please advise Many Thanks Nick
-
Hi all, I've been given one of the Berkshire BCU's, and start training at Sulhamstead in January. Just wondering if there's anyone else out there who is starting on 19th Jan with me? Cheers!
-
Hi, I've got my day 1 A/C on the 22nd Jan and have been on an insight course to help me prepare for the day. I have been given information about the report writing and role plays etc, but having found a new website today, I don't feel like my prep is complete. It says there is also a letter writing exercise you have to complete, which is also information I have read from a couple of books I have got hold of. Is this the case or is it just the written report exercise? If any if you have just done your day 1 can you let me know as I am papping it now!! Cheers, Matt
-
Hi, Just a very quick question about debt and the vetting process, I have searched on here but can't really find the question I've been looking for. I just wondered what the line on debt was, am I right in what I am led to believe that as long as you have no CCJs and have never defaulted on a loan or mortgage etc you should be okay?. Like most people who were at Uni I've incurred a nice student debt, though I've managed to pay off a considerable amount, there is a still fairly large amount. Its all under control and I'm paying lot more than the minimum payments to try and pay it off quicker. Also if I got into met the salary would be more than what I earn now. Should …