Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. zimon
    Started by zimon,

    Last week I found out that I'd made it through the initial paper application, and have been told to await instructions for the a/c. I know that the process currently takes 18-24 months (if successful!) from start to finish, and I'm 3 months in. I've been offered a 3 month job opportunity working abroad from mid-June to mid-August. Would it be unwise to take something like this? Do I need to be available at the drop of a hat to attend the ac/fitness test/interview/anything else, or do they understand that people are leading their lives while we wait to hear? If it is going to have any sort of negative effect on my application, I'll obviously turn this chance down. I know…

    • 4 replies
    • 407 views
  2. oswald
    Started by oswald,

    Hi What does the medical involve? I have mine next week. What do you need to wear for it? do i need to wear smart or sportswear? Ossie

    • 2 replies
    • 379 views
  3. si23
    Started by si23,

    In regards to a point in another thread, I was wondering something. Do people have any problems policing areas they don't know? I am sure that people will join forces that they are not overly familiar with. But i was wondering if there lack or street knowledge, roads and general geographical knowledge hinder day to day work. I live in County Durham but am considering applying to Northumbria. Bar Newcastle's Town Centre and Northumbria Uni (oh, and the mighty St. James Park) I really don't know the area. Would this affect me? I would imagine that knowledge would be picked up on a day to day basis. In fact, as i am typing this, it seems a bit of a stupid question J…

  4. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    West Mids don't allow everyone access to send external emails so i cannot email admin here to get access to the student tools and pdu, i have emailed them and they asked if there are any other officers who have had the same problem.

    • 2 replies
    • 405 views
  5. david_kingscott
    Started by david_kingscott,

    Hi are there any west mids current serving officers, who have managed to get resident feed on here? As my email won't let me send external emails i cannot get full access on here, and when i emailed admin, they asked me to ask any west mids officers who have resident status what they did.

    • 3 replies
    • 647 views
  6. newbie1
    Started by newbie1,

    Hi All. Got my medical on Monday and am a little worried as I have asthma, which I have had from childhood. Does anyone know if this will be a problem, I have declared it and have had no issues in 15years. I went through the army and was fine, also I am a cyclist and only use my blue inhaler before I cycle. Should I worry, or will I be ok? Help. Thanks C

  7. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    don't you think that the recruitment process could be a little quicker? I know i'm going to get a lot of replies that will say 'No' but individually i think it's a little ***** that some people after 12 months, passing the application, the AC, the fitness/medical only to fail on vetting is bull - All those months, waiting, hoping, PASSING, and then boom, sorry, you've failed. I've only just sent my application through, i hear it's going to take up to 3 months before I hear anything, which I think is an awfully long time, and if I don't get accepted, I can only apply again in 6 months! I mean, come on... That's the best part of a year waiting to apply again! I've jus…

    • 15 replies
    • 1k views
  8. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    I just had a call from met recruitment saying that they needed to confirm work history dates as i had made a slight misstake. (even though i read through about 100 times....DOH!) Once i had given her the correct info i asked where i was in regards to my app and pass/fail notice, she said that i had passed the paper sift and the last check would be criminal convictions..... Now i dont want to get too excited but is that meaning as long as that comes back sweet i have passed app. I also know anyone waiting for a/c for the met that the next dates issued are march as she mentioned that feb was all fully booked. Anyway, i hope that's what she meant in reference to my applic…

    • 9 replies
    • 547 views
  9. mr luvpants
    Started by mr luvpants,

    I have started practicing for the written report exercise and it suddenly occurred to me that I may only be given one sheet of paper and it all has to go on there? Is that true or am I allowed as many sheets as necessary? JOHN

  10. Sierra Oscar1546620282
    Started by Sierra Oscar1546620282,

    My assessment centre is in a couple of weeks. Just wondering what comes next and what after that. Are the people you meet at the assessment centre the people you are likely to start with (if you all make it through)? Thanks

  11. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    I left education in july, and have only had two previous jobs for a few months at a time before this. Where are the recruiters likely to want references from?

    • 2 replies
    • 320 views
  12. lynny
    Started by lynny,

    I have my medical with Durham police in the morning, just wondering do they normally tell you the results there and then? Or do you have to wait? Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 208 views
    Dirt_Monkey_11546620294
  13. ID13
    Started by ID13,

    as the title suggests i was wondering if anyone knew if the application form questions had changed since feb 2008?

    • 2 replies
    • 165 views
  14. ozzie0512
    Started by ozzie0512 * ,

    Hi Guys,I've Got my initial interview for strathclyde police tomorrow at jackton and was wondering if anyone had any advice about the type of question I might be asked and the basic format the interview might take. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 188 views
  15. JamieP1546620297
    Started by JamieP1546620297,

    I hope i dont, but worried as somone accused me of fraud last year for 279 pounds- which was eventually dropped by police as a mistake/misunderstanding. if you fail the vetting - does that mean you probably will never get passed it......

    • 2 replies
    • 557 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.