Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi I'm doing a mock file upgrade for an assault and I have to do my MG6C and MG6D but I'm wondering what stuff goes where. It's a bit of a nightmare! Does all the unused material on the MG6C and the MG6D forms reflect each other? Obviously having the sensitive material edited of victim details. Thanks :-)
-
After being told I may be on the Jan intake (hmmmm), recruitment rang me today to give to go ahead for them to contact my current employer, which I did, and so glad he took it as well as he did, much better than I hoped. Does anyone know how close to the end they are once they contact ur current employer?
-
I applied for Communication Officer in Hendon. Application in 19th Dec 2008 Acknowledgement of email was 22nd Dec 2008 End date for applications was 19th Dec 2008 How long is the wait before you hear anything? with Christmas I expect it will be longer than normal. Anyone else applied?
-
- 1 reply
- 424 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi I wonder if anyone can help. I was a student officer several years ago for around 20 mths when I got a Reg 9. As a result of an investigation I was given the option to resign or be dismissed from service. Obviously I took the resignation route. What I'm seeking infomation about is, do my circumstances automatically prevent me from standing any chance of joining another Police Service again? It may be a stupid question to some but I am aware you can join with a criminal record (depending on offence) and I was wondering if the same applied to Ex-Officers who have received a Reg 9. Whilst I would rather not discuss the circumstances of the Reg 9 in detail. I was not s…
-
Hi all, Some of you may already know I spend a bit of time abroad (I know there are potential implications on vetting). I've applied for Dorset, hopefully find out papersift results soon. However the company I work for have offered me a great job in Portugal managing a watersports centre for a few months starting in March (I applied December). This will be during the application process (argh!), I'm sure I can get back home for any interviews assessment centre etc (cheap 3.5hr flight, same time zone). But, bearing in mind the length of time these applications take, is this likely to be a problem? How often are you 'needed' in the UK? Any posts will be helpful. Cheers.
-
Hi Guys, Got my final interview on the 13th aswell. So nervous! If anyone can PM me with what to expect that would be much appreciated. All the best guys in your interviews and hopefully see you all at Tulliallan. Fingers crossed. Thanks Gianni
-
Hey, I'm not there yet. But I'm just curious if anyone knows how far they actually go in to your 'past'? For example, will my parents having debt problems effect me (my father's name is the same as mine, too), bare in mind I have a clean slate, I have never borrowed money from a bank, I don't pay bills nor have I broke the law. Will they look into my sisters boyfriends records (bare in mind they aren't married, nor did I mention them on the application however they have done some things in their past) and lastly will me attending minor counseling go against me--as I say, it was very minor over anxiety (shamefully), once every few weeks visit. Thanks in advance.
-
Hi all, I'm 24 years old with a degree in electronics & electrical engineering from Edinburgh uni. I currently work as an electronics engineer in Edinburgh (in the first phases of doing a PhD) and have had other work experience in the electronics sector (amplifier design, image sensors for mobile phones, communications), doing warehouse work and working in a food court serving customers. For a while now I've been confused as to what to do with my life (as ridiculous as that may sound). I'm currently on a good salary (just under £30k), but the work is in an office most days and I think my passion for the job is dwindling. The pressure is also quite a lot and engine…
-
- 9 replies
- 612 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone who has recently applied to Northumbria Police can write blogs in here so we can give advice to and each other. Has anyone recently been to the assessment centre and what was it like???
-
Here a question....are you allowed to police within your living/home town? I've heard before this was not allowed but I'm not sure if it is for all police forces across the country. Any thoughts about this or answers?
-
- 1 reply
- 503 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I sat and passed my assessment centre for West Mids in March this year. Got all my forms sent off within a couple of days of receiving them. I have since been in constant contact with the recruitment department to find out how things were going. Apparently they sent off my checks at the end of June and I was told that they were expected to take 12 weeks to come back. It has now been over 14 weeks and still nothing has come back. Is there anyone else out there who did their AC around that time? If so are you in a similar situation or has anyone experienced a quicker turnaround?
-
Hi all, Just to let you know I passed my SET and fitness test today!!! Yes they told us today! Got the bleep test because of the frost. My initial Interview is on Monday 8th December so I'll need to study all week. Is that fast or what??? If any one has any tips it would be much appriciated. David.
-
Hi all Spoke to a sergant at my local police office they have arranged for me to do some shadowing all night tommorow they said i should turn up in smart casual and sensebile foot wear but was i na rush so forget to ask what type of senseable foot wear? like smart shoes with good grip or does it not matter aslong as its not like trainers just wanna make sure.
-
Hey all, Been thinking of Joining the Police ever since I was at School, got guided into Electronics and I'm now a an Electronic Engineer, I've also been a part time Door Supervisor for the last 3years, I reckon the experience gained in my various Stewarding Roles should stand me in good Stead. I'm 23, male, physically fit, 6 "3", and enjoy training in Mixed Martial Arts While I was at College I ran up a lot of Debts which I managed to control for a good few years, as I got my first Credit Card then Card(s) e.t.c, until I ran into a dispute with my Bank. I'd taken a out a Loan to put towards a Car and the Bank Manager had added a few other Services as well as changed …
-
Hi all i was doing some A/C prep with my girlfriend yesterday and she informed me of when explaining I have a bad habbit of saying "you know" instead of saying "ummm" or "errrr " how bad wil lthis make me look? i dont relise i do it and i dont make it ovious i guess its just a way of me trying to peice together what im going to say next. i dunno tho lol silly question maybe but it got my thinking