Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. everton09
    Started by everton09,

    Hi, Does anyone have the email address for Cheshire police recruitment??. Cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  2. clarksonrob
    Started by clarksonrob,

    Hi,got my AC for WMP this month,anybody know the order in which the exercises are done,I've done the AC before but for a different force,we got to do the roleplays first and then the interview,before moving on to the other exercises,anybody know if they do it the same way at WMP?Cheers.

    • 8 replies
    • 203 views
  3. pstevens
    Started by pstevens,

    Hi - posted this on other board but thought I'd try here too! Anyone waiting for or had a start date for Kent in January 2009? Just been reading through the topic on 24th November starters and I had my fitness test and stuff before some of those so am a bit concerned now Passed my fitness back on 4th July but still no start date. Was told at time that they were rushing recruitments through for September so left my job ready to start then. Was then told I hadn't got onto September start date but would be November but wasn't given that one either!!! I'm struggling by on temporary jobs at moment just waiting to be allowed to start - wife is due to give birth any day …

    leischen261545925572
  4. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    I heard somewhere that Lancashire police use residential training? if this is correct could someone please give me some information on it? as in where does it take place? how long for? etc thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 306 views
    para-signaller
  5. Jas1546620336
    Started by Jas1546620336,

    Well it's taken a month to find out but the envelope arrived this morning and it was the news i longed to hear!! Pass!!

    • 3 replies
    • 143 views
  6. kacknar
    Started by kacknar,

    Hi there, i recently managed to book some time with my local hampshire force to do some shadowing im a little interested on what will happen anyone else had any experience of shadowing? If so what did you do/see how involved did u get what did you wear? any info is great thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 423 views
  7. Lilly1546620342
    Started by Lilly1546620342 * ,

    Does anyone know whether you can apply at the same time for both the PCSO & Police Oficer roles or is it one or the other?

    • 1 reply
    • 252 views
  8. MT76
    Started by MT76,

    Does anyone know what the accommodation is like at Hendon or Finchley or whever it is. Is it really bad - or is it ok for the 5/6 weeks training? I can't risk being late (or a two hour commute) so will stay nearby for the first 6 weeks. Help anyone?

    • 8 replies
    • 611 views
  9. bustybrunette
    Started by bustybrunette,

    I am currently going through the recruitment process for the met police, i have my medical and fitness day coming up soon. I live in king's lynn norfolk and am interested to know if it is a requirement that I live in london to be in the met? do they help at all in finding accomadation as i live quite far from london. is it possible for a police officer to commute everyday? any comment would be appreciated, thanks

  10. GS
    Started by GS,

    I am currently working in the Met on a Relief team and on a whole would say that I thoroughly enjoy not only working for the Met but also on Relief. However, I am originally from Birmingham and due to kids and family ties in the area I am considering moving back and transferring to West Midlands. Hence I have a few doubts and would be very grateful for any responses. My first concern is transferring skills; at the moment I am a Level 3 IRV driver, AFO, Level 2 Public Order trained and also a Medic and Carrier Driver. I am also next in line for a Level 1 driving course. Can these be easily transferred and do Relief put out area cars. Secondly I have heard a couple …

    • 1 reply
    • 783 views
  11. Rexer
    Started by Rexer,

    On the application form it says you can fill it in using black ink or type-face Has anyone used type-face for their application? If so how did you go about it, as the application form is in pdf format, I have heard of some software that allows you to type over a pdf. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. sgerrard1974
    Started by sgerrard1974,

    Just want to wish all good luck on their new career who start with GMP tomorrow hopefully i will be in the March intake and i can't describe how jealous i am as i return to my old boring job today, Anyhow good luck to all and Happy New Year.

    • 2 replies
    • 295 views
  13. para4892

    Hi is anybody still waiting or had their results from the Assessment centre that was held on the 18/12/2008 ????????

    • 6 replies
    • 240 views
  14. PM15
    Started by PM15 * ,

    Hello everyone! I applied to Strathclyde Police in early December and was wondering if anyone has applied at roughly the same time? I am currently going through the vetting process and have yet to hear anything?

    • 2 replies
    • 314 views
  15. Andi1545925587
    Started by Andi1545925587,

    I sent off my application for a special constable. I did everything apart from..... I forgot the sign and date the bloody thing. I feel so stupid, but what is likely to happen? Will I get it back to sign and date it??

    • 7 replies
    • 401 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.