Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Selo
    Started by Selo,

    I have been given a tentative start dates of beginning of feb or middle of march but i have yet to do a physical. Is there anyone in a similar position? is there anyone with upcomming fitness test. i just want to make sure i have not been left out have a Merry christmas

  2. rathbona1234
    Started by rathbona1234,

    Anyone have their A/C on the 21st of Jan for Lancashire??? i cant believe how quickly it has come around. anyone else propa scared??? its the role plays thats have me worried.

    • 0 replies
    • 218 views
  3. hunter295
    Started by hunter295,

    Hi everybody, Just found this website and ive been reading all your posts - well done everybody. Ive got my final interview on tuesday 6th Jan and and help or tips would be much appricated. Good Luck everyone at Tulli Thanks Liz

    • 0 replies
    • 213 views
  4. puyjapin
    Started by puyjapin,

    As i mentioned on a previous post im in the early application stages. I know a lot of info states that no 2 days are the same for police. If i were to have a successful application how do things really work in the first 2 years? how are duties distributed ? what kind of shifts can i expect, and what kind of rest days can i expect? how much of the job could be desk based? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 370 views
  5. silver321
    Started by silver321,

    I hope everyone is well? I am just wondering if anyone else has been given March 16th as a start date? I did ask earlier in the month and just thought I would try again, thought it would be good to say hello! Also saying hi to everyone else too, I am loving this site its so useful and interesting Have a great New Year

    • 3 replies
    • 605 views
  6. browp1
    Started by browp1,

    Hi all I have the resit of my fitness test in a few days, which I very much hope to pass this time. However, I was looking for some advice/help with regards to the initial interview and what to expext. Cheers Paul

    • 19 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. wanderer
    Started by wanderer,

    Hey, I'm currently a Special Constable with South Wales Police but applying for the regs in Thames Valley. Has anyone got any useful preparation tips for the role play and written exercises at the AC? I don't want to go in there without having done some practise beforehand.

    • 1 reply
    • 283 views
  8. Pam26273
    Started by Pam26273,

    Morning Slightly older than the average recruit I would imagine - I am looking for any advice or tips on what to expect etc - I have got a rough idea one of my colleagues has just went through the process and starts tulliallan in Feb - but find that i get dead nervous at tests and exams so any help or advice appreciated Thanks - oh by the way i'll be 36 next year :shhh: so i imagine i will be older than the average new recruit for Lothian and Borders

  9. chrisglover41
    Started by chrisglover41,

    I am due to start with GMP on the 5th Jan and during my first 3 weeks will be at Sedgley Park. I am booked in to stay at the accommodation at Sedgley during my first week and was just wondering if anyone knows what sort of facilities they have there? I'm just wondering what they have in the room, is it just a room with a bed in or do they have - food making facilities / food storage, an iron / ironing board, wireless connection access, television, a gym you can use? I am not expecting to get all of the above for £16 a night but was just wondering what to bring with me next week and what to expect. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated, also is an…

  10. macur
    Started by macur,

    Hi All Passed my AC recently, still awaiting the actual scores....However I have the interview in late January Does anyone know if any interview questions will cover Positive Discrimmination and Positive Action? If so how's best to answer this one? Preparing enough information for all areas now I'm begining to invent my own questions..... any help would be appreciated. cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 203 views
  11. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    I'm still yet to hear back from my application, however, i was wondering, say i get accepted, and asked to attend an assessment centre at a time when i'm on holiday... would they change the date?? I've a holiday booked for july, and i'm a little worried incase they ask me to attend an assessment centre whilst i'm away... if they do, what will happen??

    • 2 replies
    • 835 views
    LordLoveRocket
  12. phillips22
    Started by phillips22,

    Hi, Just wondered if anyone alse was waiting for there AC results from the 25.11.08 ? I believe I am due to get them this friday :smiley_vomit:. Thought I'd see if anyone alse was as nervious as me. Good luck to those who are waiting Chris

  13. craigmerthyr
    Started by craigmerthyr,

    Hi, My partner received a conviction about ten years ago for attempting to pervert the course of justice. She has not been in any kind of trouble since and the conviction itself pre-dates us having even met. We do live together and have three children. Would the fact that she has such a conviction cause me any problem in applying to become a police officer ? I have no convictions.

    • 1 reply
    • 345 views
  14. dangoss2000
    Started by dangoss2000 * ,

    Just wondering if there is any accommodation for Northamptonshire Constabulary recruits? Also has anyone got any tips for the presentation?

    • 2 replies
    • 331 views
  15. EL1981
    Started by EL1981,

    Hi Guys/Girls I was just wondering who's all starting with LBP on the 13th? Does everyone have everything they need? I am really looking forward to it now. 6 days left at my old work. Still to get parade shoes, any tips? Hope everyone has a good new year. Ian

    • 0 replies
    • 408 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.