Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. steviec1981
    Started by steviec1981,

    I am really keen to join the metropolitan police force. I am 27 now and have been wanting to do it for some time but things have just got in the way. What would be the best avenue to take. I don't want to become a PCSO but can't see any other route in at present. What about Specials? Can you transfer internally after doing some Specials work? If so, how long do you have to be in the role of a special for? I am also very keen to turn my hand to Traffic or pusuit policing, and long term my goal is to enter CO19. (Before anyone thinks I am just a guy wanting a gun, I'm not. I wouldn't want to shoot anyone (but don't get me wrong, if I had to, I would) But I am fascina…

  2. dalboy
    Started by dalboy,

    Hi Guys, I know you might think this is a silly question, but when attending your pre-joining fitness test do you normally do the fitness test first. If so, is there any showers to get cleaned up & changed before you have your uniform fitting? Dalboy

    • 1 reply
    • 497 views
  3. yorkiebobbie
    Started by yorkiebobbie,

    Hi all, Just wondering if anybody knows if there is any Student Accom. available at WMP.....If so where abouts? I live in York, so obviously commuting everyday is a no go area really.....so just wondering will I have to find somewhere to live first IF I get in or is accom. available.... If so anyone knows prices.....how long / short you can stay etc... Thanks in advance.... :ph34r:

    • 4 replies
    • 738 views
  4. delboy1546080783
    Started by delboy1546080783,

    Hey folks, Just joined and a bit swamped by it all. I've just passed my SET and Fitness, I'm struggling to take in all the stuff they said to revise, can anyone tell me what to expect for the initial interview... Thanks, cool forum by the way Roddy.

    • 1 reply
    • 132 views
  5. Nodster
    Started by Nodster,

    Hi guys, having got my letter of offer with the salary on it. I was wondering.....is there a shift allowance on top of the stated salary?? I'm only asking as the job i was in previously had this allowance but it was not part of the salary that was stated. Does that make sense to any one, and does anyone know the answer? thanks.

  6. Matt1982
    Started by Matt1982,

    I'm considering a future career in the force, it's something I've allways fancied. I am 26 at the moment and tbh I'd need to hit the gym hard to get myself in shape and drop a few stone, so I'm maybe looking at a few years from now. Most of the people applying here seem to be late teens/early 20's, are there many folks applying at say 30 and beyond?? Does it count against you as thats 10 years less service out of you or are your life experiences and maturity considerd an asset?? Anyone gone in at a later age, it'd be great to hear your experiences.

  7. para4892
    Started by para4892,

    Just had the assessment centre today, Only managed to answer half the maths questions, is this a instant fail????? Help. Is there anybody who comes out of the assessment centre who does not feel like they have failed?????

    • 10 replies
    • 363 views
  8. dalboy
    Started by dalboy,

    Hi All, I understand whats involved in the CTC vetting, but just wanted to know if you think its a major concern. I've passed everything now, & got my start date, but still waiting on this. I understand it takes a few weeks or so. But just wanted to know if there are any people that have failed CTC vetting, & why? Cheers Dalboy

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
    specialteacher1546081026
  9. bigmack
    Started by bigmack,

    Hi guys and gals. Some of you on here may know that I was very anxious for my assessment centre results to arrive. Remember I said I felt I done well in 8 of the 9 tests. Verbal reasoning,numerical were 100% I checked them at least three times. Interview went well,and I felt I did well in 3 of the 4 role plays. My 2 written reports I believed I did well enough to get two B's. well finally yesterday my results arrived. I was and still am very shocked by the results. Last year I applied to the GMP for the first time,without any preparation whatsoever I managed to get 43% and 11% for report writing and D's for verbal logical reasoning and for the numerical test. So I said…

    • 32 replies
    • 1k views
  10. ex-user
    Started by ex-user,

    Last bonfire night, me and a few friends were setting off fireworks, (as you do) on some private land owned by a reletive. A man came out of his house came over to the field and started shouted "whats the crack" before confronting my other half, I steped in a said, whats going on, At this point he turned to me and said, What the **** do you think your doing, and grabbed me, my responce was to defence myself by pressing my thumb behind his collor bone, he then took off his shirt and came at me with fists, I again defended myself and he made very little contact, only split my lip slightly, After he stoped I told him that I know Kung Fu and that if he attacked me agai…

    • 8 replies
    • 373 views
  11. Matt1982
    Started by Matt1982,

    Does having a relevent subject to policing bring any advantages in the recruitment process?? As I've said in a separate post, I'm looking to try and have a career in the force but realistically I'm a couple of years away on fitness issues (ok, I'm a big lad!! ). I've receantly toyed with the idea of doing some futher education, it's 8 years since I left school with my A levels and I feel my mind needs stretching again. I've noticed a few courses that interest me, including Psychology & Crimimology, these appeal to me as I have a genuine interest to how people tick. There are other courses that interest me, would doing a course in a certain area help my process?? …

    • 15 replies
    • 749 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  12. CM_8511546620330
    Started by CM_8511546620330,

    Ihave just passed my Day 1 and have been given a date for my day 2. It's probably the only day in 2009 I could not attend. Anyone have any idea if it is possible to reschedule and how long you usually have to wait? Thanks Carl

    • 3 replies
    • 187 views
    CM_8511546620330
  13. dodicutchy
    Started by dodicutchy * ,

    Hi everyone, i'm totally new to this so please bare with me! Just passed my initial interview last week and was told that all being well with my vetting my final interview could be very soon. Was just wondering if anyone could share their experience, give any tips or advice on what to expect. Would be greatly appreciated, cheers Jodie.

  14. danb11
    Started by danb11,

    Dear all, I was wondering if anyone can give me any indication of what the police are looking for when it comes to credt checks/security checks. I have applied to Devon and Cornwall and waiting at the mo. However, I have a friend who made it through to Mersysde Police and were doing all the checks but wouldn't offer him a place because of his credit check. He hasn't gone into detail of what has happened but he siad that his student debt has let him down. I'm in a similar boat to him (being a graduate and having a graduate loan). Has anyone experienced this or know's anyone that has and what can I do about it? Many thanks Dan

  15. Mattwelsh13
    Started by Mattwelsh13,

    So I have started to fill in my 1st draft for my application for the South Wales Police. As I only just graduated from uni (in the summer) and have only ever really had part time jobs, I am finding producing examples for me to complete the competency assessment quite challenging. Obviously it would be alot easier for those which greater life and work exp than me. I obviously don't want to make stuff up. I can't imagine that everyone who applys to the police has been in each and every situation that are in the questions. Any advice/opinion would help me greatly, has anyone else exp what I have with this part of the application?? thanks Matt

    • 10 replies
    • 976 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.