Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. EIRE1
    Started by EIRE1,

    Hi everyone I have my date at the ac in a few weeks for tvp i am just wondering if you have any advice its my first time there and finding the verbal logical questions between choice a and c a little tricky. Also are you allowed to transfer am application to another force eg The Met on any ground hopefully if/when I pass or do I go back to square one? thanks

  2. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    ...and I have manflu. Typical.

    • 5 replies
    • 251 views
  3. yorkiebobbie
    Started by yorkiebobbie,

    As the title says really....anyone else got an Assessment for West Midlands Police in Jan? Looking forward to it? Anything your really confident / nervous about? Yorkbobbie :ph34r:

    • 9 replies
    • 270 views
  4. Morley
    Started by Morley,

    Anyone attending Sussex Assessment in Jan?

  5. vie_elle
    Started by vie_elle,

    Hey Guys!! I'm in the Jan intake and need help!! :smiley_help: Hep B/C jags - at my medical I was given a Hep B/C handout and told that there was a number to call if you were successful to book appointment for first jag. Problem 1: I cant remember when she said to phone - before going to Tulli or when you get there (was too preoccupied thinking will I actually get in!!) Problem 2: I cant find the handout with the number on it to call! Can anyone help??? - would be much much much appreciated!! Thanks Vicki

    • 2 replies
    • 375 views
  6. Oarsman.
    Started by Oarsman.,

    Hello all, I have applied to the MPS and was wondering about height. I am 5ft 7.5" and have not seen many officers my height or shorter. I know that officially the height requirement for UK police has been removed but I would be very interested to hear the opinion of people already in the business. I have always been quite sporty and don’t shy away from confrontation but does not being 'tall' realistically restrict somebody’s progression in the service? Cheers.

    • 5 replies
    • 802 views
    Bluesky1546620266
  7. janza
    Started by janza,

    The only way to apply for the Metropolitan Police seems to be to attend a recruitment day.However,seems like there are no planned recruitment days although the Met web pages say that they are currently recruiting.Any info anybody?

  8. Vincentmcmaster
    Started by Vincentmcmaster,

    I passed medical Whos all going to Jackton on Feb 16th? Vinnie.

    Vincentmcmaster
  9. butt47jk
    Started by butt47jk,

    I know that we sign away our lives when we put our names onto the dotted line stating that we shall not discuss anything of what happens at the assessment centre. But if there are things i want to know like where i went wrong in a certain roleplay ? or what should i have said in the MR GUPTA's roleplay? for example or how other people went about their roleplays then who do i turn to? or do i have to go to these pre assessment courses to find out how and what i should have done . Learning from your mistakes is the best way forward but without knowing how they should have been done you are not going to learn.

    • 1 reply
    • 210 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  10. Glynbob
    Started by Glynbob,

    Hi, I'm currently going through my application for SWP and would like to know if anyone could answer a question that is my major concern - I have been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder and am on the stimulant medication Ritalin. Will either the condition or the medication make me inelligible?

    • 0 replies
    • 423 views
  11. ryeo23
    Started by ryeo23,

    Hi! im brand new on here and have a couple of questions, hopefully someone can help. I am currently serving in the Army as a combat medic, and physical training instructor. Im 27 and have been in for the past 5 years, but im looking to get out and join the police force. The problem I have is that, after signing off I have to serve a full years notice. But I have heard conflicting things, ive been told by one person that i can apply whilst still in the army, and if succsefull, I can get my resettlment time speeded up to meet the recruitment time. But ive also heard i need to be fully signed off from the army with my discharge paperwork before i can even apply!, which is …

  12. Oarsman.
    Started by Oarsman.,

    Dear all, Having missed the pass mark on my First Day 1 in Aug 08, I have been told, that it is nessecary to start teh whole process again, i.e. 6months down the line, start filling out another application form... Can anybody tell me if they have been in this position and what course of action they took. Cheers!

    • 4 replies
    • 564 views
  13. zand
    Started by zand,

    I have had my start date through at long last and i start hendon in January. Anybody else got a start date of 5th Jan? Not long now!!!!

  14. LordLoveRocket
    Started by LordLoveRocket,

    i'm just wondering... if you've applied for the POLICE and failed... how long before you can apply for a PCSO? would it be the same as police? i.e. 6months?? (is it 6 months?) Just applied for police and was wondering that if i didn't get in, it may be better to try for a PCSO...

    • 3 replies
    • 737 views
  15. cassidyd25
    Started by cassidyd25,

    been waiting 12 weeks now for vetting with the MET, HR told me it may be because my Dad is Irish. Anyone else had a similar experience ?

    • 5 replies
    • 665 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.